The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

On 2/27/2023 at 12:22 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Look at infant Madd Maxx. He should be the poster boy for putting in work.

I'm not going to lie, I never would have drafted Maxx Crosby based upon what he looks like in that photo.  Dude looks like he's hoping for an undrafted rookie FA contract for the practice squad.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For nostalgia's sake there's no reasonable way to bring back Mack once the Chargers cut him right?

i mean realistically no, but put either mack or jones as olb, and that is some potential. 
past their prime potential, but a raideresque move. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

While this obviously exaggerates how good he was/is, I was impressed with what he did. Seemed to be around the ball a lot. I think we’ve got some sneaky players in the CB group.

Need a no.1 at some point - but I think there could be a good competition and I’m banking on at least 2 to emerge out of the group and end up being decent players for us moving forward

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, NYRaider said:

27, 20, and 16.  Those are the top 3 passing TD totals Jimmy G has over an entire season.  Obviously, we all know he's only started and been healthy for one 16-game season during his 9-year career.  So, the 20 TD (15 games) and 16 TD (11 games) are a little misconstrued.  

I think a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening.  The 9ers didn't win because of Jimmy G., they won in spite of him.  I said this before, the 9ers have had one of the best running games and best defenses year in and year out.

TEAM    SEASON    GP    RUSH YDS    ATT    YPC    RUSH YDS/G    RUSH TD

San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2019    16    2,305    498    4.6    144.1    23
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2020    16    1,889    437    4.3    118.1    19
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2021    17    2,166    499    4.3    127.4    22
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2022    17    2,360    504    4.7    138.8    20

We barely topped 2,000 yards this past season (2,059).  Our first time going over 2,000 yards rushing since 2013.

Over the past 5 years the 9ers have given up 21.7 PPG, while the Raiders have given up 27.1 (statmuse).

Jimmy G's career looks good when you make it about team stats, but when you look at him individually, all you see is mediocrity.  I'm not looking forward to him playing under center.  I'm really looking forward to the day we draft our QBotF.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

27, 20, and 16.  Those are the top 3 passing TD totals Jimmy G has over an entire season.  Obviously, we all know he's only started and been healthy for one 16-game season during his 9-year career.  So, the 20 TD (15 games) and 16 TD (11 games) are a little misconstrued.  

I think a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening.  The 9ers didn't win because of Jimmy G., they won in spite of him.  I said this before, the 9ers have had one of the best running games and best defenses year in and year out.

San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2019    16    2,305    498    4.6    144.1    23
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2020    16    1,889    437    4.3    118.1    19
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2021    17    2,166    499    4.3    127.4    22
San Francisco 49ers    San Francisco 49ers    2022    17    2,360    504    4.7    138.8    20

We barely topped 2,000 yards this past season (2,059).  Our first time going over 2,000 yards rushing since 2013.

Over the past 5 years the 9ers have given up 21.7 PPG, while the Raiders have given up 27.1 (statmuse).

Jimmy G's career looks good when you make it about team stats, but when you look at him individually, all you see is mediocrity.  I'm not looking forward to him playing under center.  I'm really looking forward to the day we draft our QBotF.

I do find it funny how it seems everyone says yeah SF had a great running game but so do we with Jacobs. 
Jacobs being all pro doesnt = us having a great running game.

The fact we barely cracked 2000 yards with Jacobs leading the league in rushing is a brutal.
We have an amazing RB, but our run game wasnt great. It was average. 
I fear if Jimmy doesnt push the ball down field, or jacobs doesnt have an all pro season, our run game may regress from last year. 

I think Jimmy will be great at short passes, and more than servicable at mid range passes, so while teams cant truly stack the box as Jimmy can beat a true stacked box, teams will 'play up' a bit against us if Jimmy doesnt at least attempt to push the ball down field. 
Our YAC is also nothing comparable to SF. All of their weapons our built around YAC. 

I would love to see our O look like SF last year, but unfortunately right now I think tht is extremely optimistic. 

SF was what 6th in points scored last year.
We were 13th last year. 

I think if we can be 10-13th range we should call it a win this year. 
We need our D to improve. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I do find it funny how it seems everyone says yeah SF had a great running game but so do we with Jacobs. 

The fact we barely cracked 2000 yards with Jacobs leading the league in rushing is a brutal.
I fear if Jimmy doesnt push the ball down field, or jacobs doesnt have an all pro season, our run game may regress from last year. 

I think Jimmy will be great at short passes, and more than servicable at mid range passes, so while teams cant truly stack the box as Jimmy can beat a true stacked box, teams will 'play up' a bit against us if Jimmy doesnt at least attempt to push the ball down field. 
Our YAC is also nothing comparable to SF. All of their weapons our built around YAC. 

I would love to see our O look like SF last year, but unfortunately right now I think tht is extremely optimistic. 

We were 13th last year. 

I agree with everything you wrote.  Especially the bold.  We need a top 10 defense to make some noise in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

The 49ers didn't win crap until Jimmy G became their starter that's a fact.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

We were 13th last year. 

Completely disagree on the running game we averaged 4.8 yards per carry which was like 4th in the league and better than SanFrans 4.7 per carry we were 15th in yards which is mid pack, but we were near bottom in attempts the top teams had over 500 attempts we had 400 nobody else really got any carries but Jacobs and yes you run the ball more when you have leads in games which we barely had.

Edited by raidr4life