The Raider Appreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nah actually had some weapons on offense... last year we were starting guys like Trevor Davis on the fly...

Yeh, that was sarcasm ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

But its an important point, add a few legitimate receivers and magically the QB plays better. Someone posted a list of receivers we've had since Brown and Rice I think and it was just sadย 

ย 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.raiders.com/news/alec-ingold-named-raiders-nominee-for-walter-payton-nfl-man-of-the-year-award

The Las Vegas Raiders announced today Alec Ingold as the Silver and Black's nominee for the WALTER PAYTON NFL MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD PRESENTED BY NATIONWIDE. Considered one of the league's most prestigious honors, the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award presented by Nationwide recognizes an NFL player for outstanding community service activities off the field, as well as excellence on the field. Each of the league's 32 nominees were announced today.

ย 

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Future HOFER for me.

Pretty insane that we've had as much cap space and draft capital as any team in the league during the Grudock era yet the best player we've acquired is Darren Waller who we signed on a whim after seeing him during warm ups before we played the Ravens.ย 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Heโ€™s 28. Doesnโ€™t have a lot of miles on the tires cause of his issues. Could see maybe some HOF with 5 more years of high quality play.ย 

It could be more than 5 years. Sports science is only getting better and this guy is in peak physical condition. He could definitely transition to more of a possession guy later in his career, like Olsen and Witten.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 5:42 PM, NYRaider said:

That was all Bill Musgrave combined with a soft schedule.ย 

Its funny how perspectives and opinions change over time...... I remember being very pro Musgrave when we hired him and during his tenure and being in a distinctly small minority.

Carr was legitimately an MVP candidate that year and Musgrave did play a part for sure but we certainly weren't lucky and it certainly wasn't all Musgrave and schedule ๐Ÿ™„ย 

Carr and Mack made big plays at big points in the big games. I'm so annoyed he got injured as we had so much momentum, we genuinely could have gotten to the AFC Championship game IMHO.

• Like 1

He can definitely play longer thenย 5 more years, but the next 5 years would have to be at a high level that matches this past season then as he hits 32/33 start to slow down and become that 800 yard TE and then I can see him become a HOF.ย 

Look at Kelce 5 straight 1,000 yard seasons. He would need to have that type of production.ย 

He has a chance to do it and some rewards will help him out as well like making some all pro teams and continue to rack up those pro bowls.ย 

• Like 1