The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

On 11/27/2022 at 5:27 AM, Darbsk said:

Does t that usually mean the player has the choice where he wants to get traded rather than simply vetoing any trade?

I mean their Carr been pretty vocal about he only wants to play for the Raiders so what happens if he just flat out doesn't want to leave. You can't trade him without his consent. The only thing you can do is right after the season cut him before the rest of his contract become fully actualized

46 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

What’s even more wild is that Mahomes did that in 2 seasons. Unreal 

It’s mildly impressive, but I still don’t think Mahones is a patch on Marino (maybe because he plays for the Chiefs too 😄)

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean their Carr been pretty vocal about he only wants to play for the Raiders so what happens if he just flat out doesn't want to leave. You can't trade him without his consent. The only thing you can do is right after the season cut him before the rest of his contract become fully actualized

Yes, that is true and he has said that a few times. It’s another thing when there’s $100m on the table though. Maybe he’s genuinely only interested in playing for the Raiders, if so then kudos. It would be unusual in this day and age but very commendable. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That shows how great Marino was though, in an age where it was much, much more difficult…….. wow

I am not a big cheerleader for QBs yardage number but Marino throwing for 5,000 yards and it taking another 24 years before Brees does it again tells me a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not a big cheerleader for QBs yardage number but Marino throwing for 5,000 yards and it taking another 24 years before Brees does it again tells me a lot.

Did it in an era where the QB could go down, and he could go down hard too. You had to be nails in the pocket to take the shots those QBs used to and keep dealing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jakob was an A+ signinig man. Ziegler did well there too.

He’s been quietly very effective. More of a traditional blocking FB than Ingold but I guess that’s what they wanted. To be fair, Parham has been excellent and the run blocking overall is improving nicely. Coaches doing a good job there on the OLine for sure.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

He’s been quietly very effective. More of a traditional blocking FB than Ingold but I guess that’s what they wanted. To be fair, Parham has been excellent and the run blocking overall is improving nicely. Coaches doing a good job there on the OLine for sure.

I don’t know if it was due to bosa being gone but oline was balling vs sd. Especially vs Mack. Loved seeing foster body him multiple times. Even bars looked decent lol

On 11/29/2022 at 11:14 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Jakob Johnson is such a sneaky big part to our running game:

I miss Ingold's versatility and playmaking ability but there's no doubt Johnson is a premiere blocking FB.

Also here you see a couple of big plays, were Jakob Johnson is a big part of it.

He definetly needs more appreciation.

• Like 2