The Raider Appreciation Thread šŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The ā€œconservative Carrā€ narrative is definitely exasperated by the play calling. Ā Gruden needs to open up the play book and run plays that give Carr the opportunity to air it out. Ā I get holding back and playing it safe versus Carolina but if we are gonna best a team like NO we need to take shots down field.

I was hoping we would bring in Jay or someone else to help Gruden with the play calling. Didnā€™t happenĀ 

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

We made the right pick.Ā  Guy is good.Ā  Period.

Yup. People were salty about us passing on Derwin James but after this season he'll have missed more games through his first 3 seasons then he has played in. While Miller has started every single game for us since he's been here.Ā 

Miller's development is also a reason that you shouldn't give up on or judge a guy so hard after a single season. Miller legitimately had one of the worst seasons for an OT in NFL history his rookie year and has developed into an above average starter.Ā 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yup. People were salty about us passing on Derwin James but after this season he'll have missed more games through his first 3 seasons then he has played in. While Miller has started every single game for us since he's been here.Ā 

Miller's development is also a reason that you shouldn't give up on or judge a guy so hard after a single season. Miller legitimately had one of the worst seasons for an OT in NFL history his rookie year and has developed into an above average starter.Ā 

Miller is looking like heā€™s on his way to being a franchise LT. Ā I think getting Incognito next to him has been extremely beneficial but also he was a project draft pick. Ā Heā€™s on schedule IMO... he played very injured in the middle of hisĀ rookie year Ā  and was actually much much better at the beginning and end of the year (when he wasnā€™t hurt). Ā He had major technique flaws in pass protection that Cable helped him fix. Ā Letā€™s not forget everyone hated Cable and wanted him fired not that long ago but heā€™s proven to be a very solid coach. Ā 
I donā€™t subscribe to the whole ā€œheā€™s a top 10...12... etcā€ LT debate. Ā I donā€™t care how he compares to other LTs. I care about how good heā€™s playing and thatā€™s it. Ā And I think heā€™s playing incredibly good and On his way to becoming a franchise LT.

His 5th year option would be ā€˜22.... so if he continues to ascend at this rate we should start offering him a contract extension during the ā€˜21 offseason and use the ā€˜21 and ā€˜22 seasons under contract to spread out the cap hit from his new deal. Ā If he continues to play like a franchise LT heā€™ll likely get 16M+ Per year. Ā Dion Dawkins just got 4y/60M (15APY) with 30M Guarenteed.

The smart play would be to extend him for something like 4y/64M with no Signing Bonus, but a ā€˜21 Roster Bonus and Guaranteed Salary Plus ā€˜22 Roster Bonus and Guaranteed Salary.

His ā€˜21 cap hit is 4.3M and his ā€˜22 option will be around 11M.

Give him a 10M roster bonus in ā€˜21, 5M roster bonus in ā€˜22, and Guarantee his ā€˜23 and ā€˜24 salaries

So with a 4y extension his cap hits would be something like:

ā€™21: 4.3M + 10MĀ 

ā€™22: 11.0M + 5.0MĀ 

extension years:

ā€™23: 12M

ā€™24: 12M

ā€™25: 12M

ā€™26: 13M

Come the time his extension years kick in heā€™ll be a franchise LT withĀ very modest andĀ significantlyĀ under market value cap hits.

If we want to retain the ā€˜20 draft class on extensions weā€™ll have to extend draft picks early and roll some cap into their last (cheap) rookie year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Totty said:

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

lol the hate this man gets is insane.Ā 

I am glad that I have defended him on here. Will make me look smart for years to come.Ā 
Someof the takes have been awful lol

There have been someĀ absolute terrible takes on Carr on this forum. All the pro-Carr guys wanted was to wait untilĀ he had some talent around him to see what heā€™s got. Glad DCĀ is putting the haters to bed.Ā 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Ā 

There have been someĀ absolute terrible takes on Carr on this forum. All the pro-Carr guys wanted was to wait untilĀ he had some talent around him to see what heā€™s got. Glad DCĀ is putting the haters to bed.Ā 

Yeah that was pretty much my argument. Ā Let's see what he does with talent around him. Ā We're 2-0. Ā It's not like Carr supporters think he's the best ever but this is the most talented team since 16. Ā And it's showing.Ā 

• Like 1