The Raider Appreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Elite and Hall of Fame are two different things.ย 
ย 

To say that Yannick and Crosby are not playing elite football is to say there are no defensive endsย that are rushing the passerย at an elite level.ย 

Agree to disagree. I don't think they are on an elite level as edge rushers. They are great, but neither guy has double digit sacks and they all the pressures are not leading to interceptions on the back end.ย 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to disagree. I don't think they are on an elite level as edge rushers. They are great, but neither guy has double digit sacks and they all the pressures are not leading to interceptions on the back end.ย 

I guess this is a conversation to revisit at the end of the season

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Been getting picked on lately. I'd keep him around as depth, but certainly not overpay to keep him.

Sure but how many corners aren't. Corners around the league suck. He's worth a nice little deal, like 2 years 6-8 mil. Definitely not big $. Also depends on Hayward/Mullen though.

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yep. Pressure is great, except when the QB fires the ball off before we get to him and then the rest of the D doesn't take advantage of it. If they were sacks/fumbles/impactful pressures, that's one thing. But they really aren't, are they?

Crosby and Yannick have been great, but not quite elite this year. They seem to produce more in clusters than consistently. And both are prone to really dumb things you don't expect from elite players (Crosby getting absolutely abused by Kelce, Yannick getting moronic penalties on 3rd downs, etc).ย 

• Like 1

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-rookie-says-some-teammates-lay-down-come-to-practice-not-ready-to-practice/

This was missed in the shuffle. Post game, Diablo called out teammates for their practice habits:

โ€œPersonally I feel like a lot of people just, for lack of a better term just โ€˜fold,โ€™โ€ Deablo said.

โ€œTheyโ€™ll just lay down, come to practice not ready to practice. I know Iโ€™m a rookie but I donโ€™t want my teammates to do that. I want to make sure theyโ€™re ready to practice and we bring that intensity every day.โ€

Starting to like this guy more and more. Clearly a leadership void when a rookie who is just getting playing time is the one speaking on this.ย 

Carr has alluded to this in various press conferences. Nice to hear someone call a spade a spade.ย 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-rookie-says-some-teammates-lay-down-come-to-practice-not-ready-to-practice/

This was missed in the shuffle. Post game, Diablo called out teammates for their practice habits:

Starting to like this guy more and more. Clearly a leadership void when a rookie who is just getting playing time is the one speaking on this.ย 

Carr has alluded to this in various press conferences. Nice to hear someone call a spade a spade.ย 

Naw carr said multiple times thatโ€™s the difference between this year team and others is that โ€œeveryone still shows to practice on time and full of intensityโ€ ๐Ÿค”ย 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw carr said multiple times thatโ€™s the difference between this year team and others is that โ€œeveryone still shows to practice on time and full of intensityโ€ ๐Ÿค”ย 

He was saying that.ย  Starting to come off it now.ย  Glad Diablo just plain said it though.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

๐Ÿ’ฏ my respect for Diablo went way up after that