The Raider Appreciation Thread šŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, Ryno said:

Should Cory Littleton be in this thread?

I previously commented on how he doesn't appear to be doing anything and even opened a thread in the Rams forum asking how he was previously used etc. *The thread now sits there as aĀ thread of shame as no one decided to respond but I'm not bitterĀ šŸ˜‘

After re-watching the Chargers game I posted this: "Littleton -Ā Wasn't actually as bad as I thought he was.Ā He didn't make any plays, and was beat a few times in man coverage... but other than biting on an early fake-handoff rollout and the missed tackle late he did a good job of plugging his gaps, forcing plays inside,Ā and sticking with his man. He is definitively a finesse player and not very physical."

IĀ stumbled across the below video todayĀ and wondered do we have it wrong, is he actually playing good football but just doesn't have the splash plays to justify the salary?

Ā 

Ā 

Sometimes players are unlucky when picked on. I think Kwit has outplayed him but it's way too early to give up on Littleton.

Littleton to weak-side next year and get a solid Sam. Really depends on who's the D-cord but being behind Donald helped A LOT and now it's bend don't break and no big plays/mistakes. Littleton hinted early on about 'coaching' so he's doing his job within the 'system' and I'm offically on the 3T bandwagon but would rather get a proven player than draft a guy to 'develop.'

A Defense's #1 job is to stop the run so Hankins gets my vote for another contract. 5-6 million for a NT is better than the 10 million some got the past few years. A late 3rd or 4th round draft pick to develop and back him up would also be wise.

We're good at MLB and CB but a ball hawking FS to pair with the 'Punisher' would be excellent.

In a crazy 2020 season I'm happy with what I've seen for progress and the team can beat anybody and be beat by anybody, so coaching need to tighten up and make us control games for 60 minutes. Hopefully next year the stadium will have people inside and a winning record and playoffs from this year to enjoy. Just need the players to be really careful on the off time and be hungry to win now and party later once the season is done.

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Whatā€™s nice is we have a solid roster with a few holes. We donā€™t need a complete overhaul, just fix our weaknesses. We can do this all it in the off-season.Ā 

This is what a proper rebuild should look like. Not what we've been trying to do for the past 15+ years. I think we'll squeak into playoffs this year but be a biggerĀ threat next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is what a proper rebuild should look like. Not what we've been trying to do for the past 15+ years. I think we'll squeak into playoffs this year but be a biggerĀ threat next season.

Some aspects of the roster build seem really well thought out and there's obviously a plan but then you get back to the coaching and if that doesn't improve on the defensive side then it almost doesn't matter what we add to the roster. Of course certain players can and should be upgraded and a top quality FS and a 3T could make a huge difference but I still feel we'll really not get the best of the players and be greater than the sum of our parts unless we improve the scheme and/or coaching on the D side. If we really want to go places I feel we need a good, not decent or below average D.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Some aspects of the roster build seem really well thought out and there's obviously a plan but then you get back to the coaching and if that doesn't improve on the defensive side then it almost doesn't matter what we add to the roster. Of course certain players can and should be upgraded and a top quality FS and a 3T could make a huge difference but I still feel we'll really not get the best of the players and be greater than the sum of our parts unless we improve the scheme and/or coaching on the D side. If we really want to go places I feel we need a good, not decent or below average D.

Need someone like John Pagano who is creative.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Need someone like John Pagano who is creative.

After almost 2 1/2 years I have finally won someone to my side.Ā  Just kidding but I was so pissed when I found out that Gruden did not even interview Pagano when he cameĀ in.Ā  Gruden refused to talk to Pagano and then traded Mack.Ā  My feelings about Gruden got off to a bad start real quick.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

After almost 2 1/2 years I have finally won someone to my side.Ā  Just kidding but I was so pissed when I found out that Gruden did not even interview Pagano when he cameĀ in.Ā  Gruden refused to talk to Pagano and then traded Mack.Ā  My feelings about Gruden got off to a bad start real quick.

Seriously can we bring him back?

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously can we bring him back?

I would be so happy if we did.Ā  We would give up more big gains but we would also be much more aggressive leading to big plays for us.Ā  Overall I think it would lead to a better and more entertaining product on the field.Ā  I can not remember if Pagano kept running the same scheme KNJ did.Ā  if so would you put Key in at SLB up close to the line?

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You're not on your own, I was on the Pagano bandwagon too šŸ˜€ the difference when he took over from KNJ was easy to see (albeit we did have an easier schedule to play against) but nonetheless, the D was much more aggressive, created turnovers and pressure and was effective.Ā 

Maybe a clash if personalities, who knows but it seems Gruden wants Yes men.......

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, Ryno said:

Should Cory Littleton be in this thread?

I previously commented on how he doesn't appear to be doing anything and even opened a thread in the Rams forum asking how he was previously used etc. *The thread now sits there as aĀ thread of shame as no one decided to respond but I'm not bitterĀ šŸ˜‘

After re-watching the Chargers game I posted this: "Littleton -Ā Wasn't actually as bad as I thought he was.Ā He didn't make any plays, and was beat a few times in man coverage... but other than biting on an early fake-handoff rollout and the missed tackle late he did a good job of plugging his gaps, forcing plays inside,Ā and sticking with his man. He is definitively a finesse player and not very physical."

IĀ stumbled across the below video todayĀ and wondered do we have it wrong, is he actually playing good football but just doesn't have the splash plays to justify the salary?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā ā€œLittleton, who leads the team with 15 missed tackles, has been the biggest culprit. Heā€™s missed 23.8 percent of his tackle attempts, which is the highest rate in the league among linebackers whoā€™ve made at least 20 tackles. Itā€™s wildly uncharacteristic for Littleton as heā€™d only missed 22 tackles combined in his first four seasons in the league before joining Las Vegas this offseasonā€

Tashan Reed 13 Nov.

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Ā ā€œLittleton, who leads the team with 15 missed tackles, has been the biggest culprit. Heā€™s missed 23.8 percent of his tackle attempts, which is the highest rate in the league among linebackers whoā€™ve made at least 20 tackles. Itā€™s wildly uncharacteristic for Littleton as heā€™d only missed 22 tackles combined in his first four seasons in the league before joining Las Vegas this offseasonā€

Tashan Reed 13 Nov.

The rumor is he's avoiding contact after signing his big contract.