The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know we still have 6 games to play, but I rest my case with DC.  The man is our franchise QB.  I don't care who wants to argue these days.  The guy is money.  The guy is clutch.  The guy is going to be remembered as one of the best QBs the Raiders ever had.  He still has probably 10 years left in him and will end up owning just about every franchise QB record for the next 30 years.  I know we haven't won a lot of games with him, but its clear now and it will always be clear that the defense rarely ever helped him and that it took him being in a system with a good coach to really unleash his full potential/talent.  The guy is damn good.  Super happy with him as our QB.  He is clearly one of the best in the league and you can't complain about him anymore.  Went toe to toe with the so called best QB in the league and had better stats.  Can't point this last loss on him in anyway at all. AT ALL!  Drops and defense lost us the game.  We got us a gunslinger.  A real tough SOB.  That pass (I think to D. Waller) when he had a DL grabbing him by his jersey for the completion was so clutch.  Man, just could not be more proud of my QB.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The scary thing is, Carr and Gruden haven't even tapped into the potential of Ruggs and Edwards. This is happening with Waller and Nelly. 

That's a very pertinent point, we're also missing our anticipated #1 WR Tyrell Williams too so in theory we should be able to improve on this still..........

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The scary thing is, Carr and Gruden haven't even tapped into the potential of Ruggs and Edwards. This is happening with Waller and Nelly. 

Agreed. We have this offense humming, as in one of the very best in the NFL without a single consistent, top 40 WR in the NFL. That's super impressive, especially in the era we currently are in where passing the ball is so crucial. Gruden and Carr have engineered an offense as good as almost any in the NFL around the OL, running game, and a high end TE. If Ruggs and/or Edwards become what we believe they can be? This offense can jump to the next level, and when the offense is already a top 10 offense that's super encouraging. 

And I still have a lot of hope for both of those guys in the next year or two. It used to be a common understanding that wideouts are going to take 2-3 years before they are really ready to contribute at a high level, and lately wideouts have made a more immediate impact but there are still a ton of examples of high end wideouts taking a year or two before they take off. I have seen from both of them, but especially Ruggs the raw skill set to be a very impactful NFL WR. He just needs some refining. 

• Like 1

Very valid points about Ruggs and Edwards. It's important to remember this crop of rookies didn't have normal circumstances by any means entering the league. No rookie mini camp, no real training camp, no pre season games... it'll take time for them both to get acclimated properly. I think Gruden and probably Carr too don't have a lot of trust in those two just yet but that'll come in time. DC looks for Waller and Renfrow in clutch situations. Eventually Henry and Bryan will get those looks too.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Very valid points about Ruggs and Edwards. It's important to remember this crop of rookies didn't have normal circumstances by any means entering the league. No rookie mini camp, no real training camp, no pre season games... it'll take time for them both to get acclimated properly. I think Gruden and probably Carr too don't have a lot of trust in those two just yet but that'll come in time. DC looks for Waller and Renfrow in clutch situations. Eventually Henry and Bryan will get those looks too.

Gruden's system isn't the easiest for WRs. They have to learn a lot at each spot. They will both come alive in time.

• Like 1

Have to appreciate the relationship between Gruden and Carr. Carr's level of play rising and him doing the little things that Gruden wanted him to do such as using his feet to gain yards or using his feet to leave the pocket to extend a play has given Gruden a level of confidence in Carr that must be very assuring for him. One of my favorite things this year has been hearing Carr audible and make the adjustments at the LOS. Him and Gruden are really in sync and this offense is doing all this without the help of its number 1 pick and a high ceiling WR in Edwards like someone above mentioned.

Carr use to see those KC jerseys and would be mentally defeated from the start. And these two games against them this year its the complete opposite and he has that confidence in himself and the offense to know he can go point for point against them. Been great to see the growth in Carr and couldn't be happier to be proven wrong. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

His hairline looking like horns. LOL 

Carr will keep improving with protection and not 'thinking' like Musk's implant. NM156 is shown....

Edited by G