The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think we need a true #1 high volume wr. Ty will could’ve tried to fill that roll but he got hurt again. Kc’s model is ideal for us imo. Kelsey and hill get high volume targets. Te1 and wr1 average 90+ targets a year each.

Your not wrong but justifying sinking more resources after taking Ruggs and Edwards  feels kind of hard to do. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wanna make an appreciation post to all the boys on this board, @big_palooka, @BayRaider, @NCOUGHMAN, @Frankie2Gunz @RaidersAreOne, @agarcia34, @ronjon1990, @drfrey13, @SilverNBlackFan, @CaliforniaKid7, @jimkelly02, @Humble_Beast, @MrOaktown_56 and anyone else I forgot. 

It has been a nice ride and I've enjoyed talking football with you boys over the years. But I've honestly just lost all of my interest in football and this team/organization. I might come back at some point next season and I'll still be around in the basketball section, but I'm done posting about this pathetic squad, it's quite literally becoming a waste of time when we already know the result will be the same year in and year out. Wishing you boys well though, I hope each of you have a safe and memorable holiday season with your families. 

Just make sure you check in before the draft.  Love hearing everyone's opinions.  I better not find you in any other NFL team forums though.  Enjoy the time away.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wanna make an appreciation post to all the boys on this board, @big_palooka, @BayRaider, @NCOUGHMAN, @Frankie2Gunz @RaidersAreOne, @agarcia34, @ronjon1990, @drfrey13, @SilverNBlackFan, @CaliforniaKid7, @jimkelly02, @Humble_Beast, @MrOaktown_56 and anyone else I forgot. 

It has been a nice ride and I've enjoyed talking football with you boys over the years. But I've honestly just lost all of my interest in football and this team/organization. I might come back at some point next season and I'll still be around in the basketball section, but I'm done posting about this pathetic squad, it's quite literally becoming a waste of time when we already know the result will be the same year in and year out. Wishing you boys well though, I hope each of you have a safe and memorable holiday season with your families. 

I did the same after the draft because I had little hope for the team after the draft and FA. I totally understand. I didn't want the negativity in my life at the time.

Hope to see you around draft time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

First.... I wish you the best.... Take good care of yourself and family.  

But....  Raider fans should be use to this.... it’s what we do every year.  This isn’t something new.  I understand pulling back because losing is an emotional drain and that’s more to life then football.  It was pretty obvious we had a team that was just a little bit short of a playoff team.... we knew we had issues.... so this isn’t a surprise.  I know we had a nice run and we all thought we were going to playoffs but then Injuries happened and we weren’t deep enough..... I kept telling  everyone this in Training Camp!!!  

take some time off and come back around when Your ready..... but remember this feeling is gonna happen again..... you gotta be part sadomasochist (am I using that correctly?) to be a Raiders fan..... cuz we’re all so deeply Passionate for the organization and get such high hopes.... and convince ourselves this is “the year” but we all know it’s not and we’ll fail and be looking forward to the draft and before the seasons over.... heck I judge out season by when we move to thinking about the draft..... bad years is like week 6-8.... good years is about now.  And we’ll convince ourselves after great amounts of reSearch that “if we only do this and that and this..... we’ll make the playoffs next year!”  But if We’re lucky we do one of the things and mess up the other 2.

Do what I did.... learn to embrace the misery!  It makes the pain easier to deal with

Be safe and take care brother!

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I also needed a forum break for a few days (as a mod!!!) for my mental health. I feel a lot better now.

This team is very taxing sometimes and I have begun regressing back to pessimism. People on social media are floating "sweeping changes" and I hope they're right.

I hope so 2. 3 seasons in and total collapses the previous 2 years is a big failure. When you consider, right or wrong, what you are paying to the coach. Plus you're highly paid QB and Oline, the results are not there. 

The money wasted in FA has been a major red flag. And the results from the Mack and Cooper trades have been less than favorable to this point. 

I've also returned pessimistic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I hope so 2. 3 seasons in and total collapses the previous 2 years is a big failure. When you consider, right or wrong, what you are paying to the coach. Plus you're highly paid QB and Oline, the results are not there. 

The money wasted in FA has been a major red flag. And the results from the Mack and Cooper trades have been less than favorable to this point. 

I've also returned pessimistic. 

We definitely need to make some changes but I believe they are easier than most expect. 

Issue #1 is already taken care of. 

Issue #2 will be a little more difficult because who is going to be able to tell Gruden that he should give up play calling. 

Issue #3 is finding a young creative OC that can work with Gruden. 

Issue #4 is finding some talent to fit what our DC, no matter who it is, wants to do. 

Issue #5 is figuring out the o-line.  Is it Cable or do we need more talent.  We definitely do not need to spend more money.  We could replace Brown, Jackson, and Incognito with a top five RT contract and 2 top 10 G contracts for the same price.  That's with the #2 paid C and a first round LT.

Issue #6 is TW.  I would like to see if he would take a pay cut because I think he could do well with what we have.  No way am I paying him close to $12 next year though.  Maybe Edwards improves but I am bringing in a vet just in case.  Any savings goes to the defense.

20 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

So what exactly are the changes you're hoping for? Gruden? Mayock? Carr? Everybody?

Allow Mayock full autonomy over the draft and roster building with input from the coaches on what they need without influence on the player himself.

Gruden moves into CEO role (because Davis isn't going to sack him)

Hire an OC to collaborate with and act as play caller

Trade / restructure the Oline salary bloat - may need to move on from Trent and Jackson

Hire top end DC and let him build his staff with full autonomy. Install his system with full control 

Identify through FA or trade a top end 3T. Veteran who can act as a leader to the group.  Add veteran leadership and veteran depth to the roster.

That's my blue print, the talent and player I'll wait to comment on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the shoutout. We all have our disagreements at times, but I still enjoy talking football in here. Wouldn't be fun if everyone always agreed with each other, and people having wildly different opinions than others makes you think outside the box.

As for taking a break from the forum, I usually disappear about 7 days after the draft, until like a day before the Regular Season almost every year. Needed break, and not much going on in the football world.

As for a permanent break because the Raiders, my love for football is just too great. I've gone long spurts from MMA, NBA, and MLB, but I've never been able to do it with football. However, the Raiders do make it depressing, but you get used to it after a while... I knew we weren't gonna win the Super Bowl the past few years, so not many games really hurt that much tbh. However, in 2016 when Carr got injured, that sucked big time. The entire AFC sucked that year. Pats were very good, but beatable. Who knows what would of happened in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Allow Mayock full autonomy over the draft and roster building with input from the coaches on what they need without influence on the player himself.

Gruden moves into CEO role (because Davis isn't going to sack him)

Hire an OC to collaborate with and act as play caller

Trade / restructure the Oline salary bloat - may need to move on from Trent and Jackson

Hire top end DC and let him build his staff with full autonomy. Install his system with full control 

Identify through FA or trade a top end 3T. Veteran who can act as a leader to the group.  Add veteran leadership and veteran depth to the roster.

That's my blue print, the talent and player I'll wait to comment on.

Who's the HC?

On 12/19/2020 at 11:49 AM, oakdb36 said:

So what exactly are the changes you're hoping for? Gruden? Mayock? Carr? Everybody?

Add an established defensive mind at DC.

Have gruden bring in a young offensive mind (doubtful).

Give the young WRs an offseason to season.

Aggressively pursue defensive lineman and defensive backs in the draft/FA.

Among them, try to sign Judon/Ngakoue/Williams.

Cut Joyner (if he doesn't move to safety) and Tyrell Williams unless he is willing to take a paycut (he won't).

These are just a few things.