The Raider Appreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

On 6/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mr Raider said:

This year however, Ruggs needs to take a step. I have a decent amount of faith he will and look closer to Agahlor last year for us. But I also want to see the staff in year two with a full camp, get him more involved in numerous ways. I also look forward to seeing him on the field and seeing if he looks a little bigger and stronger. Ruggsย is one of my anticipated players for us this year. I have high hopes for him and I'm eager to see how he preforms this season.ย 

The thing that gives me hope with Ruggs is that we've seen a few guys with similar skill sets have so-so rookie seasons before breaking out in year 2.ย 

• Like 2

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-25-under-25-2021-nfl-season

19. RBย JOSH JACOBS,ย LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Jacobs has been the one first-round draft pick of the current Raiders regime that has actually been a clear success, and few players have been as efficient as he has been with the ball since coming into the league. The 23-year-old back now has 120 broken tackles across 515 carries and has averaged 3.1 yards after contact per carry in the NFL.

ย 

It's nice to be slept on, and just surprise people. We have alot of guys who can have a break out year:

• Jacobs- last year he had a sophomore, before the year there was talk he could jump into top 5 RB talk
  • Ruggs, Edwards- rookie wideouts rarely break out their rookie year. I really think both have A potential
  • James, Leatherwood- both unknowns coming into the year, but will start. Be interesting if they become studsย 
  • Ferrell, Max- Ferrell and Max both were hurt last year after showing signs as rookies. They now have man bodies and should be ready to show who they really are in this league. Would be sweet if they both ย break out this year. Just one of them breaking out would be huge, I believe they have the ceilingย 
  • S Thomas - this is a bigย wild card on defense. hopefully he shows his former top 3 potential, I don't know what happens with him. It's make or break, since he is on a 1 year deal
  • Littleton- I know he is older, but Iย think he might return to his all pro level. He was a horrible scheme fit in Paul G system, I really think he breaks out to his Rams days.ย 
  • Mullen, Arnette, Amik - We need these guys to step up. I feel like they have B potential, but that be alot better then what we had in the past. Ideally our pass rush is better to make the corners look better
  • Abram, Moehrig- I think Moehrig might be year away from being a stud but should be a great 3rd safety as a rookie. Abram I'm still high on, he was basically a rookie last year. He sets the tone, he just needs to play within the system and not try to play hero ball. A potential with these 2ย 

that's alot of potential. this team can be sneaky goodย 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

It's nice to be slept on, and just surprise people. We have alot of guys who can have a break out year:

• Jacobs- last year he had a sophomore, before the year there was talk he could jump into top 5 RB talk
  • Ruggs, Edwards- rookie wideouts rarely break out their rookie year. I really think both have A potential
  • James, Leatherwood- both unknowns coming into the year, but will start. Be interesting if they become studsย 
  • Ferrell, Max- Ferrell and Max both were hurt last year after showing signs as rookies. They now have man bodies and should be ready to show who they really are in this league. Would be sweet if they both ย break out this year. Just one of them breaking out would be huge, I believe they have the ceilingย 
  • S Thomas - this is a bigย wild card on defense. hopefully he shows his former top 3 potential, I don't know what happens with him. It's make or break, since he is on a 1 year deal
  • Littleton- I know he is older, but Iย think he might return to his all pro level. He was a horrible scheme fit in Paul G system, I really think he breaks out to his Rams days.ย 
  • Mullen, Arnette, Amik - We need these guys to step up. I feel like they have B potential, but that be alot better then what we had in the past. Ideally our pass rush is better to make the corners look better
  • Abram, Moehrig- I think Moehrig might be year away from being a stud but should be a great 3rd safety as a rookie. Abram I'm still high on, he was basically a rookie last year. He sets the tone, he just needs to play within the system and not try to play hero ball. A potential with these 2ย 

That is theย positive way to look at it.
The other is, all those guys have question marks. We dont have a ton of definitive talent.ย 

Hopefully they all break out!ย 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

That is theย positive way to look at it.
The other is, all those guys have question marks. We dont have a ton of definitive talent.ย 

Hopefully they all break out!ย 

yea, they haven't proved it. they do have the potential, haven't had this potential on defense since I can remember. Also the offense could be really good if those guys step up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yea, they haven't proved it. they do have the potential, haven't had this potential on defense since I can remember. Also the offense could be really good if those guys step up

Oh yea for sure.ย 
Having real potential on D is a nice change.
On O we have some solid weapons already, just need a few guys to take the next step now.ย 

On 6/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I agree there is a lot of potential there. However, potential is never actually guaranteed to turn into performance and results. What we've done here is a double edged sword really......... With that number of players you have a good chance that some will live up to their potential but equally it's almost certain that some will disappoint. Of all those players the guys I see really living up to potential would be Moehrig, Edwards and Jacobs. The guys I could see really disappointing are Arnette, Thomas and Abram. It's all guesswork right now though.