The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was banging the table for Melvin Ingram... imagine having Ingram, Max, and Yannick. that would have been straight up scary for other teams. he signed for pennies too. could have just let good walk , passed on Koonce, and drafted a guard in the 3rd for his salary. hindsight 20/20 but that move seemed like a logical one with ties to Gus Bradley

I wanted him and Wright.

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kolton was legitimately one of the worst LT's in NFL history as a rookie. 

After his sprained MCL.  He looked good for a rookie the first few games from what I remember.

Miller allowed five total pressures in 117 pass-block snaps over the season’s first three games, per PFF, before he suffered a serious MCL sprain in his right knee. That’s his anchor leg, and losing strength there makes Miller susceptible to bull rushes.

The Raiders keep pushing Miller out there -- losing veteran tackle Donald Penn to IR was a real blow -- believing he can emerge from this storm a stronger player.

From a NBC Sports article.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

After his sprained MCL.  He looked good for a rookie the first few games from what I remember.

Miller allowed five total pressures in 117 pass-block snaps over the season’s first three games, per PFF, before he suffered a serious MCL sprain in his right knee. That’s his anchor leg, and losing strength there makes Miller susceptible to bull rushes.

The Raiders keep pushing Miller out there -- losing veteran tackle Donald Penn to IR was a real blow -- believing he can emerge from this storm a stronger player.

From a NBC Sports article.

I think he set the NFL record for sacks allowed in a season, lol.

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

@Frankie2Gunzthis is what I was talking about a a few weeks back when you asked Max Crosby or Yannick for fantasy. Yannick is going to get the pressures that are going to lead to the Crosby Sacks. 

Thanks for that and you were exactly right.  YN pressures and flushes the Qb over to Maxx.  Mad Maxx feasted in week 1, took a bit of a breather in week 2 but was still all over the field.  

The other nice thing about Maxx is that he rarely comes off the field and he posts decent tackle numbers.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thanks for that and you were exactly right.  YN pressures and flushes the Qb over to Maxx.  Mad Maxx feasted in week 1, took a bit of a breather in week 2 but was still all over the field.  

The other nice thing about Maxx is that he rarely comes off the field and he posts decent tackle numbers.

What happened there was they started double teaming him which opened up things inside which is why I Solomon Thomas probably had two sacks

• Like 1

I’ve been kinda thinking about Rod Marinelli today. He was pretty maligned last year with a lot of people critical of getting rid of Buckner and his DL underperforming. Bradley deserves all the credit he gets, but with his unit being critical to the early success of the D, I’d put Marinelli on this appreciating value list. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I’ve been kinda thinking about Rod Marinelli today. He was pretty maligned last year with a lot of people critical of getting rid of Buckner and his DL underperforming. Bradley deserves all the credit he gets, but with his unit being critical to the early success of the D, I’d put Marinelli on this appreciating value list. 

Great call 

24 minutes ago, mct288 said:

Rod is a good coach. Fans here wanted him to work miracles. A good coach can take a B player and make him a B+. He had a Dline full of C to C- talents. There isn't much you can do there

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cracks me up... Carr went from miserably spraying the ball all over the field. And forcing it to Waller unsuccessfully against the Ravens to the MVP conversation in the media in basically 6 quarters  

Careful lol people real sensitive about carr around here. I’ll say this and I could be wrong but I think points scored really determines the mvp. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Cracks me up... Carr went from miserably spraying the ball all over the field. And forcing it to Waller unsuccessfully against the Ravens to the MVP conversation in the media in basically 6 quarters  

i mean, the season is only 8 quarters deep lol  MVP talk is dumb at this point. 

• Like 2