The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was bigger on Jeudy to be fair, but I loved Ruggs too. Liked both wayyyy more than Lamb. Jeudy was my 9th ranked player and Ruggs my 11th. And I usually don’t like WR’s high, especially Alabama WR’s.Β 

I can honestly say that lamb was my favorite easily. I knew for a fact that ruggs was the one we needed the most from our team

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Edwards can be 90% of what Lamb was projected to be, then we made a hell of a decision.Β 

I agree with that 100% but a common rebuttal to that I’ve heard is ifΒ Edwards does good that doesn’t prove that we shouldn’t I have taken lamb it just means we should’ve taken them both. What’s your take on that?

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I agree with that 100% but a common rebuttal to that I’ve heard is ifΒ Edwards does good that doesn’t prove that we shouldn’t I have taken lamb it just means we should’ve taken them both. What’s your take on that?

That makes no sense at all. Lamb and Edwards are similar. Lamb is definitely more elusive/dodgy than Edwards, but they are both that tough catch in traffic guy. And both are not speed demons by any stretch of the imagination. One thing that annoyed me during the draft process that year was people overrating Lamb’s speed. Lamb looks like a 4.5 on tape, and also ran a 4.5. Defenses are not gonna respect him over the top. Edwards is also a 4.5 speed.Β 
Β 

Ruggs is legit 4.2 speed and teams always have to respect the back-end when he’s in the game. Defenses have to play us completely different when we have Ruggs. Same applies to the Chiefs and Tyreek Hill, and whatever team usually has Will Fuller.Β 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That makes no sense at all. Lamb and Edwards are similar. Lamb is definitely more elusive/dodgy than Edwards, but they are both that tough catch in traffic guy. And both are not speed demons by any stretch of the imagination. One thing that annoyed me during the draft process that year was people overrating Lamb’s speed. Lamb looks like a 4.5 on tape, and also ran a 4.5. Defenses are not gonna respect him over the top. Edwards is also a 4.5 speed.Β 
Β 

Ruggs is legit 4.2 speed and teams always have to respect the back-end when he’s in the game. Defenses have to play us completely different when we have Ruggs. Same applies to the Chiefs and Tyreek Hill, and whatever team usually has Will Fuller.Β 

Right of course. It's good to hear from someone else. Teams will play our offense completely differently if we didn't have ruggs.Β 

Another thing too. I have to be completely honest one thing I loved about lamb personally besides the contested catches(with ruggs obviously had also) is that he broke so many tackles in college. Specifically the one that got me was when he broke like five tackles against Texas. But my thing with that is there's no way he's going to do that at his eyes against grown men in the nfl on a consistent basis. There's also reason to believe that there's not much growth between what he is now and his potential. That's key.Β 

HR3 did a lot of work in the offseason to get stronger and it shows. He's tracking the ball better, aware of where he is on the field, etc. It's been great to see.Β 

Most importantly, Gruden is getting him involved in different ways. Yesterday was exactly what you wanted to see from him. Short, intermediate and toasted them long if Carr could have connected it.

Arrow is up on both him and Edward. Edwards, I wanted anywhere in the draft so happy with that pick regardless if HR3 personally.

• Like 3

Loved the play that Gruden drew up where Ruggs does his motion thing but this time he stopped and ran like a quick out route. That play is always money. Really it’s an easy 5 yards at least. That type of route should be ran more in the red zone. Saw the Dolphins use it for the two point conversion and then saw Rodgers and Adams use it for a TD in the 49er/Packers gameΒ 

• Like 1

Remember when no reasonable human being on the planet could ever imagine a world where Max Crosby could replace Mack? 😳 

Maxx Crosby continues to be a NIGHTMARE for opposing QBs:

Most pressures this season:

Maxx Crosby Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  21
Harold Landry Β  Β  Β  Β  19
3 players tied Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 16

Most QB hits this season:

Maxx Crosby Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  12
Chandler Jones Β  Β  Β  11
Myles Garrett Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 9

@CrosbyMaxx pic.twitter.com/LXVZPrZmu6

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1442496463876018177

• Like 2

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Perryman has really been a blessing for this team. When he hits someone you notice it. He’s violent. Raiders don’t win a lot of trade but they won that one. Got him for next year as well.Β 

Soon as Bradley came, he made sure to get a good corps of veteran LB’s.Β 

I appreciate a TEAM that doesn't give up. Really good to see when down 14 early. Didn't want to read anything in this form because I expected a yoyo of replies as I was quite verbal myself. lolΒ  Β In the end...The WIN is all that matters and being down early with no Jacobs probably opened things up earlier than Gruden would have normally. 3-0 WooHoo

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tbh sad to see what Mack has become with the Bears. He was amazing that year he was traded and just hasn’t been much since. I hope he can leave the bears and rejuvenate his career where it should beΒ 

If Maxx or Yannick get injured, I’d damn sure offer a 1st for Mack. Heck, I’d do it even without an injury. What a feel good story it would be.Β 
Β 

We would have to be competitive though. At least 6-2.Β