The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

DC has never played with a great run game. Jacobs establishing himself as a special RB, that opponents have to focus on. Marshawn and Doug Martin were over the hill, Murray was average. DC might have his best season of the his career, just working off the run game. If our rookie wideouts develop, our offense is going be scary. 

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can we talk about how good Daniel Carlson has been this season?

Yep, kicker is the kind of position that you dont really tend to notice until they have a bad spell and lose you a game. He's been excellent so far and that 54 yarder against the Saints was a great kick under pressure. We'd been spoiled with the kicking game for years with Janikowski and Lechler and probably forgot to appreciate it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He’s been this good every season for us, he missed two easy kicks mid last year  and people were calling for his head SMH. He’s a tremendous kicker and the Vikings were morons for giving him up. I’m very high on the guy and only put him behind Tucker, Legatron, and Butker. Final 10 games with Raiders in 2018, definitely best kicker in the league behind Tucker. This year he’s one of the best as well, easily.

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He was excellent in 18 and pretty meh last year. Hopefully he keeps it up, he’s been money this year. 

Also it’s still weird to me to not see Jano back there kicking. 

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I find it pretty interesting that our 'Depreciation Thread' has more posts than our 'Appreciation Thread' lol

There is no debate when somebody is doing good. 3 pages of the depreciation thread is people trying to defend ferrell. So more room for debate when people disagree on who suck

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

There is no debate when somebody is doing good. 3 pages of the depreciation thread is people trying to defend ferrell. So more room for debate when people disagree on who suck

Agreed. When someone is doing well, we all praise, and there is zero disagreements because we are all happy. Even when it comes to Carr, no one is trying to tear him down when he is doing well. 

However, when it comes to players performing bad, there are bias fans who don’t want to admit their beloved players are performing bad, because they are bias, and will throw every excuse in the book for whatever player they are defending. This causes debates and longer threads. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

PFF so meh but cool I guess.

He's been our best front 7 player thus far. He probably has pushed the pocket as much as the more hyped players Collins and Hurst too aswell as being stout in the middle. He always catches me by surprise with how sneaky agile and quick he is for a really big guy. 

Underrated signing and player, if we could just get a bit more consistent penetration besides him that would go a long way.