The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Nice to have a DC with a vision. First time we can feel confident with a DC identifying and adding players to his scheme. Will be fun to watch develop over the next few years. 

If they find a war daddy on the iDline to push the pocket, the fun will really begin. QBs are still able to step up a good deal to avoid that edge pressure. 

Def agree with your overall point, just wanna mention Solomon Tomas been looking good. Hopefully he can continue to grow as well. He’s jumped off the screen/ eye test a few times. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Glad we gave him a chance in the game before we cut him. Practice and the actual game are 2 totally diff animals 

Definitely. But what I'm trying to say is that it's pretty obvious by the report that the report was false. Because how does someone come to the conclusion that a player that they've seen in the league already for four years and have seen in person is too small to play the position they brought them in to play before they've ever actually put pads on and practiced in pads? Why wouldn't they have been able to tell just by looking at him in that case?

That's why you can tell it was completely made up in the first place and that they didn't have any problems with his size or they wouldn't have signed him.

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Definitely. But what I'm trying to say is that it's pretty obvious by the report that the report was false. Because how does someone come to the conclusion that a player that they've seen in the league already for four years and have seen in person is too small to play the position they brought them in to play before they've ever actually put pads on and practiced in pads? Why wouldn't they have been able to tell just by looking at him in that case?

That's why you can tell it was completely made up in the first place and that they didn't have any problems with his size or they wouldn't have signed him.

Meh we’ve made some weird personnel moves during this gruden regime so I kinda wasn’t surprised by the report I just hoped we’d actually give him a chance in a season game before we jumped to conclusions. Ima a Stanford homer I really liked him coming out of college.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh we’ve made some weird personnel moves during this gruden regime so I kinda wasn’t surprised by the report I just hoped we’d actually give him a chance in a season game before we jumped to conclusions. Ima a Stanford homer I really liked him coming out of college.

This one wouldntve made logical sense on any level

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Really cool that players are putting emphasis on their mental health and speaking out to help others.

Crosby, Thomas and Nassib are all playing their best football. Each having gone through some different stuff. And each coming to find their way through it. It's great to see. 

Can’t forget DWall! Very proud of the guys being leaders and stepping up. 

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Was very wrong about Thomas. He looks like he did in college.

Haha, before I read your quote I was going to post ' that's what he looked like in college to me' 😁 

He has that quickness inside but he's also got underestimated strength too, he can hold the point of attack much better than a guy like Hurst. Let's hope his play continues and he stays healthy.