The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar/Hollywood, Big Ben/Claypool/Diontae, Herbert/Williams, Hurts/Smith/Watkins.

Ben and Hurts are two of the worst QB’s in the league. Lamar is an average passer, but very good QB overall.Β 

As for the Chargers, Mike Williams a speedster? What? The guy ran a 4.54 and is definitely not a speedster on tape. Yes he can get behind defenses, especially bad secondarys. Any NFL WR can do that. But he’s not a speedster by any stretch of the imagination lol.Β 

Edited by BayRaider

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ben and Hurts are two of the worst QB’s in the league. Lamar is an average passer, but very good QB overall.Β 

As for the Chargers, Mike Williams a speedster? What? The guy ran a 4.54 and is definitely not a speedster on tape. Yes he can get behind defenses, especially bad secondarys. Any NFL WR can do that. But he’s not a speedster by any stretch of the imagination lol.Β 

We've seen Diontae Johnson/Chase Claypool and Quez Watkins/Devonta Smith both beat teams deep this year despite Hurts/Ben not being great.Β 

Mike Williams is the Chargers primary field stretching WR, you don't have to have 4.2 speed to be a deep threat. Over the last 3 seasons Williams has averaged 20.4, 15.8, and 15.1 YPC which has been among the leagues best. (2019 he led the league in YPC)

Tyrell Williams and Bryan Edwards aren't the fastest guys either but are still good deep threat WRs.Β 

But your questions about Hayward's ability to hang with faster WR's will be answered over the next few weeks with matchups against Kadarius Toney, Tyreek Hill, and Jamar Chase.Β 

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

i dont think we talk about Kolton Miller in here enough, dude is as steady as it gets. Hes a huge part of our team. im no LT expert and not gonna act like ive watched all 32 LTs in the league, but KM has to be somewhere in the top 10.Β 

For info, he's PFF's 7th best OT so far this season. And he was their highest graded OT this week.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Geezy said:

i dont think we talk about Kolton Miller in here enough, dude is as steady as it gets. Hes a huge part of our team. im no LT expert and not gonna act like ive watched all 32 LTs in the league, but KM has to be somewhere in the top 10.Β 

Totally agree, considering how inconsistent everyone else is on the line it's amazing he's been so consistent. I think he's a bit underrated as a run blocker too, he's really good getting to the second level and on screens, definitely top 10 LT from what I've seen and good team player, playing injured his rookie year shows toughness and the first mindset too. Miller has proven to be a great pick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Do anybody know that we didn’t have any pre snapΒ penalties against the Eagles. Β When was the last time anybody even seen that?

Also the first season I've seen without constant neutral zone infractions/encroachment penalties (knock on wood)

PFF Raiders grades (league rankings) through week 7:

Offense

Derek Carr -Β 89.1 (5/34Β QB)

Kolton Miller - 77.7 (8/78 OT)

Hunter Renfrow - 77.4 (20/121Β WR)

Josh Jacobs - 75.6 (13/65Β RB)

Henry Ruggs - 73.4 (32/121 WR)

Bryan Edwards - 70.5 (46/121Β WR)

Kenyan Drake - 69.7 (29/65Β RB)

Alec Ingold - 67.0 (4/8Β FB)

Darren Waller - 62.9 (29/68 TE)

Foster Moreau - 61.7 (33/68 TE)

Jermaine Eluemunor - 57.9 (52/74 OG)

John Simpson - 51.7 (62/74 OG)

Andre James - 46.9 (34/36 OC)

Alex Leatherwood - 36.5 (77/78 OT?)

Brandon Parker - 36.3 (78/78 OT)

• Like 3

Defense

Maxx Crosby - 91.4 (1/110 EDGE)

Casey Hayward - 82.1 (1/112 CB)

Nate Hobbs - 78.6 (5/112 CB)

Yannick Ngakoue - 69.6 (47/110 EDGE)

Trayvon Mullen - 69.4 (26/112 CB)

Trevon Moehrig - 67.8 (25/87 S)

KJ Wright - 67.8 (15/86 LB)

Carl Nassib - 65.8 (59/110 EDGE)

Johnathan Abram - 64.1 (38/87 S)

Quinton Jefferson - 58.3 (67/120 DL)

Denzel Perryman - 55.7 (43/86 LB)

Darius Philon - 55.2 (74/120 DL)

Solomon Thomas - 52.9 (88/120 DL)

Johnathan Hankins - 48.7 (95/120 DL)

Cory Littleton - 48.4 (61/86 LB)

Amik Robertson - 36.3 (112/112 CB)

Β 

ST: AJ Cole - 81.0 (1/32 P)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Totally agree, considering how inconsistent everyone else is on the line it's amazing he's been so consistent. I think he's a bit underrated as a run blocker too, he's really good getting to the second level and on screens, definitely top 10 LT from what I've seen and good team player, playing injured his rookie year shows toughness and the first mindset too. Miller has proven to be a great pick.

You won't get an argument out of me. I liked the pick. You're going to get some posters that ***** about the pick because the Raiders could have had Derwin James. I'll take a stud LT over a stud DB anytime and everytime.