The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

To be fair, our Run D is still kinda trash, particularly in the trenches. Most folks were fine with our pass rush outlook based solely on Crosby and Yannick. It's the run stopping people complained about.

I’ll sacrifice some run defense to get after the passer. Especially with our offense consistently putting up points. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing I'll say this is: if he continues to play like that, I think we should let Casey Hayward walk re-sign him for a cheaper deal and go with him and Trevon Mullen for the forseeable future. Am I saying that he'll keep playing like this? No .But if he does that's the scenario I would want this off-season.

Not sure about this, if Hayward keeps playing like he has I think it depends upon what he wants. I'd be loathe to get rid of a quality vet like Hayward to put a lot of faith in Facyson. Mullen has not really put it a together yet though he flashes a lot. Maybe Facyson continues to Excell this year but that strikes me as when we extended Amerson...... If we think Hayward can play another year at a Pro Bowl level I'd stick with him for any reasonable 1 year or 2 year contract, then we're covered for injuries as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I love Casey Hayward and was just defending him the other day. 

That the reality is this: if Hayward keeps playing the way he as been, he's gonna probably end up being an all pro. If that happens, he's going to make around the type Stephane Gilmore makes(they are only one year apart in age). Then we have to figure is it more important to keep him or to keep this pass rushing rotation. If that happens, it would probably be a good idea to get younger and cheaper at corner if we can keep the pass rush intact. 

Alternative is maybe we pay Kaycee Hayward what is worth at the expense of the pass rush and then maybe he doesn't look as good as he gets older and the pass rush isn't as good. Thats my take.

This is understandable and it might be we have to choose one over the other but I would hope that we could find a way to keep a guy like Hayward plus Thomas and Philon for example as I can't imagine they are going to want an exorbitant amount and we do have a bit of fat to trim off the roster. Guys like Kwiatkoski I think will be expendable given he's a backup at this point, Incognito will probably be off the payroll, KJ Wright too, maybe Ferrell gets traded as we can't carry that salary for the limited snaps he's taking, Mariota too. Plus with the increase in cap that could help too. I'm not going to lie and say I know who will need extending, I just feel we ought to be able to make it work as none of the DTs really need a huge payday and we'd extend Crosby next year wouldn't we? 

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure about this, if Hayward keeps playing like he has I think it depends upon what he wants. I'd be loathe to get rid of a quality vet like Hayward to put a lot of faith in Facyson. Mullen has not really put it a together yet though he flashes a lot. Maybe Facyson continues to Excell this year but that strikes me as when we extended Amerson...... If we think Hayward can play another year at a Pro Bowl level I'd stick with him for any reasonable 1 year or 2 year contract, then we're covered for injuries as well.

Yup I understand this perspective but

1. What’s reasonable?

2. How do we know he doesn’t drop off?

I think both take faith imo

just to throw it out there Amerson‘s main problem was really injuries that made him play worse because he played through them. But I definitely see the concern.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think when we actually play decent QBs, the it's actually going to bite us. 

We shall see though.

We can put up points too, with our pass rush we can force more turnovers vs pass heavy teams like the Chiefs. Decent QBs don’t like getting hit either 

8 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The pressure lists look very different from one source to another.

I think their metrics for pressure differ.  Like how close the DE got to the QB.  Maybe some measure pressure as being within 5 feet and others measure pressure by being within 3 feet.  Something like that.  I was thinking about it yesterday too.