Jump to content

The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈


RaidersAreOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2021 at 9:42 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

Mayock is not doing bad, if you take out the first  round and add FAs ( coaches have a big say in who to pick) he's just killing it.

Drafted Henry Ruggs, Alex Leatherwood, Damon Arnette in the 1st round.

Spent mid round picks on Tanner Muse, Lynn Bowden, Malcolm Koonce, Divine Deablo. 

Signed Tyrell Williams (3 yr/$33M), Lamarcus Joyner (4 yr/$42M), Trent Brown (4 yr/$66M) in 2019

Signed Carl Nassib (3 yr/$25M), Jason Witten (1 yr/$4.75M), Maliek Collins (1 yr/$4M), Corey Littleton (3 yr/$36M), Nick Kwiatkoski (3 yr/$21M), Marcus Mariota (2 yr/$11M)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Drafted Henry Ruggs, Alex Leatherwood, Damon Arnette in the 1st round.

Spent mid round picks on Tanner Muse, Lynn Bowden, Malcolm Koonce, Divine Deablo. 

Signed Tyrell Williams (3 yr/$33M), Lamarcus Joyner (4 yr/$42M), Trent Brown (4 yr/$66M) in 2019

Signed Carl Nassib (3 yr/$25M), Jason Witten (1 yr/$4.75M), Maliek Collins (1 yr/$4M), Corey Littleton (3 yr/$36M), Nick Kwiatkoski (3 yr/$21M), Marcus Mariota (2 yr/$11M)

 

How much did Guenther and Gruden have to do with all of this though?  It's definitely possible that Guenther was throwing darts at a board demanding guys that "fit" his scheme without knowing what he was ever really talking about.  T. Brown is the biggest sack of crap ever.  Even the Patriots can't get him right, right now.  T. Williams and his injuries couldn't be predicted.  He was rock solid the first 5 weeks of the season.  I think he had 5 TDs in the first 5 games.

I just don't want to place all the blame on Mayock.  He is due some, but not all IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Drafted Henry Ruggs, Alex Leatherwood, Damon Arnette in the 1st round.

Spent mid round picks on Tanner Muse, Lynn Bowden, Malcolm Koonce, Divine Deablo. 

Signed Tyrell Williams (3 yr/$33M), Lamarcus Joyner (4 yr/$42M), Trent Brown (4 yr/$66M) in 2019

Signed Carl Nassib (3 yr/$25M), Jason Witten (1 yr/$4.75M), Maliek Collins (1 yr/$4M), Corey Littleton (3 yr/$36M), Nick Kwiatkoski (3 yr/$21M), Marcus Mariota (2 yr/$11M)

 

Mayock spends money like it's Franchise mode with the salary cap turned off and he's just trying to grab a couple of guys before simming into the next season 🤦🏼‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

How much did Guenther and Gruden have to do with all of this though?  It's definitely possible that Guenther was throwing darts at a board demanding guys that "fit" his scheme without knowing what he was ever really talking about.  T. Brown is the biggest sack of crap ever.  Even the Patriots can't get him right, right now.  T. Williams and his injuries couldn't be predicted.  He was rock solid the first 5 weeks of the season.  I think he had 5 TDs in the first 5 games.

I just don't want to place all the blame on Mayock.  He is due some, but not all IMO.

I actually place more blame on him for the horribly bloated contracts than the 1st round picks. 

Gruden may well have picked every single player in the draft and FA, but you know he wasn't the one working the contracts. My gut says that was 100% on Mayock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I actually place more blame on him for the horribly bloated contracts than the 1st round picks. 

Gruden may well have picked every single player in the draft and FA, but you know he wasn't the one working the contracts. My gut says that was 100% on Mayock.

Don't we have specific contract guys for that though? I thought there was a story or report where the contracts were the bit Mayock was delegating? I could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Don't we have specific contract guys for that though? I thought there was a story or report where the contracts were the bit Mayock was delegating? I could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Even if we did, does that really reflect favorably on him? 

Aside from the few big hits we've sporadically gotten in later rounds, what does he have to offer at this point? 

He didn't make draft picks, the FAs we've brought in were at the insistence of Gus Bradley and not Mike, AND he delegates contracts that wind up bloated and awful? 

His whiffs in the draft have arguably had as big of, if not a bigger impact. Muse and Bowden were his guys. Even Arnette was one he openly sought. 

Honestly, I'd prefer him to have been behind the contracts and him have learned from mistakes. If he was really that hands off, he's a GM in what will be his 4th year and practically still a noob at the job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's the general manager.

     Yeah, but what exactly did that even mean in the era of Gruden? Multiple reports have come out signifying that Gruden had full control/final say over all personnel decisions. Mayock could legit have been nothing more than a glorified empty suit trying to improve the team as best he could with the cards he’d been dealt.

     Then again, he could legit be that bad. We don’t know for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

James might be a long term starter. Lets see how weeks 10-17 look on the film.Still curious on how these guys finish 

  • Edwards- he has flashed but idk if he is a long term starter yet. Might be aggressive improving the WRs this offseason. He needs to make more plays, and every week
  • Simpson- he is getting better, still not sure he is good enough to be long term
  • Parker- I think we upgrade in offseason. Idk he hasn't been getting abused. line has been better 
  • Solomon Thomas- can he earn a long term deal. he has had his moments
  • Hayward/ Frayson- Can Hayward keep this play up and earn a new deal, or will he fall off. Frayson has been solid CB2. Will he get exposed 
Edited by Humble_Beast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...