The Raider Appreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

James might be a long term starter. Lets see how weeks 10-17 look on the film.Still curious on how these guys finishย 

• Edwards- he has flashed but idk if he is a long term starter yet. Might be aggressive improving the WRs this offseason. He needs to make more plays, and every week
  • Simpson- he is getting better, still not sure he is good enough to be long term
  • Parker- I think we upgrade in offseason. Idk he hasn't been getting abused. line has been betterย 
  • Solomon Thomas- can he earn a long term deal. he has had his moments
  • Hayward/ Frayson- Can Hayward keep this play up and earn a new deal, or will he fall off. Frayson has been solid CB2. Will he get exposedย 

These next 4 games will tell us all we need to know

14 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Yeah, but what exactly did that even mean in the era of Gruden? Multiple reports have come out signifying that Gruden had full control/final say over all personnel decisions. Mayock could legit have been nothing more than a glorified empty suit trying to improve the team as best he could with the cards heโ€™d been dealt.

Then again, he could legit be that bad. We donโ€™t know for sure.

I mean most reports have hinted at Gruden having control over the first round picks while Mayock had more say in our later selections, which haven't really panned out for us. Mayock also essentially admitted that Arnette was his guy and that's the reason he was the pick.ย 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Edwards lacks the ability to consistently create separation.

Yeah he needs to improve there. That being said his YAC ability needs to be utilized way more. Like the niners do with deebo. Heโ€™s so physical after the catch. We need to get him some quick hitters on the outside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah he needs to improve there. That being said his YAC ability needs to be utilized way more. Like the niners do with deebo. Heโ€™s so physical after the catch. We need to get him some quick hitters on the outside.

Looking back at the season so far almost all of Edwards production has come late in games. And I think the primary reason for that is because he can't separate so Carr only throws him yolo 50-50 balls when we have to move the ball in order to have a chane to win the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Looking back at the season so far almost all of Edwards production has come late in games. And I think the primary reason for that is because he can't separate so Carr only throws him yolo 50-50 balls when we have to move the ball in order to have a chane to win the game.

Yep he's good at them but it's not always high percentage.

On 11/12/2021 at 12:58 AM, Humble_Beast said:

James might be a long term starter. Lets see how weeks 10-17 look on the film.Still curious on how these guys finishย 

• Edwards- he has flashed but idk if he is a long term starter yet. Might be aggressive improving the WRs this offseason. He needs to make more plays, and every week
  • Simpson- he is getting better, still not sure he is good enough to be long term
  • Parker- I think we upgrade in offseason. Idk he hasn't been getting abused. line has been betterย 
  • Solomon Thomas- can he earn a long term deal. he has had his moments
  • Hayward/ Frayson- Can Hayward keep this play up and earn a new deal, or will he fall off. Frayson has been solid CB2. Will he get exposedย 

I loved the Bryan Edwards pick and at the time thought he was a steal and could be a potential WR1. Right now, I'd have to say he looks like a complimentary guy at best with good body control, good hands but struggles to separate. I think I was slightly wrong, he'll be good but never a true #1.

Simpson has always looked underwhelming to me, maybe he's an average to slightly above average starter with development but I don't think he's a stud on the OL at all. More likely he'll be a backup calibre player.

Parker is a swing tackle who had improved from absolutely dreadful to decent on the left and just about ok on the right. If we can keep him for cheap I think we should as a pure backup.

Thomas I'd like to sign to a 3 or 4 year deal, I think he's shown great effort, quickness and I think he can have a role long term. I don't think he'll be an out and out star but he's a great rotation guy to have in there. I'd try and draft a great DT that he can play compliment to.

Hayward is a curious one. Will he take another one year deal? That's what I'd aim for or a two year deal we can get out of if he falls off. He's more than just CB, he's an experienced head in the system and a glue player I believe. He's no spring chicken so I don't think he'd command a kings ransom.

Facyson, it's only been a few games so much too early to tell. If he keeps playing solid he could parlay that into a nice deal but I think we have to be very strict with giving guys like him money, all about the value with guys like that for me. I think I'd try and roll with Mullen and Hayward next year plus a rookie they can develop to take over from Casey.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1