The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate ol' Skeletor Carlson. 

I was a bit iffy on him in 2019, but the last two years have been pretty close to automatic from him. 8/9 from 50+ over the 2020 and 2021 season so far. 24/27 from 30-50 yards

I don't like having to settle for FGs, but at least if we can get some stops on D, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to walk away from almost every drive with points so long as the offense keeps moving the ball between the 20's as well as they do. 

And I feel like he's made some uber clutch kicks for us the last two years. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate ol' Skeletor Carlson. 

I was a bit iffy on him in 2019, but the last two years have been pretty close to automatic from him. 8/9 from 50+ over the 2020 and 2021 season so far. 24/27 from 30-50 yards

I don't like having to settle for FGs, but at least if we can get some stops on D, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to walk away from almost every drive with points so long as the offense keeps moving the ball between the 20's as well as they do. 

And I feel like he's made some uber clutch kicks for us the last two years. 

Well deserved.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He looks like a aggravated soccer dad. If there was a lineup and you had to pick a NFL player he comes in last.

I know you seen the side by side of him holding the bag of grapes in a t shirt next to Metcalf and AJ brown looking like the Hulk and Captain America respectively 

23 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't know why we keep posting stuff like this. We have no elite talent, remember?

Fans are too loose with the term "elite" imo. Elite talent in my eyes are players who have hall of fame potential. The best of the best at their position. Transcendent type play makers.

Yannik and Crosby are "A" level players. Pro bowlers and potential all pros. But they are not elite talents. There are only a handful of elite players in the league at any given time. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fans are too loose with the term "elite" imo. Elite talent in my eyes are players who have hall of fame potential. The best of the best at their position. Transcendent type play makers.

Yannik and Crosby are "A" level players. Pro bowlers and potential all pros. But they are not elite talents. There are only a handful of elite players in the league at any given time. 

If yannick joins the 100 sack club, which he is on pace for but will slow down in a few years Id imagine, has a shot at HOF. He'd need to lead the league one year, which I do believe he has potential to do. 

Max while I love him I agree, is a great Raider but not HOF level talent. 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll take it. It might be the best edge rush duo in the league honestly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Elite and Hall of Fame are two different things. 

To say that Yannick and Crosby are not playing elite football is to say there are no defensive ends that are rushing the passer at an elite level.