The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Could be.Β 

He's improved quite a bit. I don't know that he'll sustain it, but at least he's not snapping the ball like a long snapper anymore lol. Those first few weeks were tough to watch.Β 

I didn't know he was 23 years old that's a big accomplishment for Cable

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm personally torn on Cable.Β 

He has warts, for sure. But Miller and James are solid successes and Simpson hasn't been awful.Β 

The idea at the start of the season was:

Miller and Mr. Leatherwood at T

James at C

Good and Incognito at G

Mr. Leatherwood would've been a single weak link at this point but the other 4 guys would've been a solid OL.Β 

Instead, we had to start Simpson and Parker and Elumenor at points, while shifting Mr. Leatherwood to G.Β 

The results haven't been good, per se, but the vision that was initially there wasn't necessarily bad.Β 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He has warts, for sure. But Miller and James are solid successes and Simpson hasn't been awful.Β 

James at C

Good and Incognito at G

Mr. Leatherwood would've been a single weak link at this point but the other 4 guys would've been a solid OL.Β 

Instead, we had to start Simpson and Parker and Elumenor at points, while shifting Mr. Leatherwood to G.Β 

The results haven't been good, per se, but the vision that was initially there wasn't necessarily bad.Β 

🀣

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Interested to hear your thoughts as a coach but wouldn't you prefer to have a player call others out face to face in the locker room or behind closed doors rather than air dirty laundry in public? Does that notΒ  reflect badly on the coach if they do that in public?

Honestly if players are slacking in practice as a coach you have to call them out. If they don’t change kick them out of practice. Slackers are contagious esp if it’s vets.Β If you can’t control your team you don’t need to be coaching period. I can see deablo calling people out in practice and getting ignored cause he’s a rook.Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Honestly if players are slacking in practice as a coach you have to call them out. If they don’t change kick them out of practice. Slackers are contagious esp if it’s vets.Β If you can’t control your team you don’t need to be coaching period. I can see deablo calling people out in practice and getting ignored cause he’s a rook.Β 

I bet it was Littleton, that dude gets worse every season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

James at C

Good and Incognito at G

I’m not torn on Cable. HeΒ needs to go.Β 
Β 

But….Andre James is proving to be a keeper. He’s 23 years old and on a relatively cheap contract. He does need to get stronger at the point of contact so that can get more push in the run game but that should get better as he gets older and adds strength. As is, I think he’d be great in a ZBS where his quickness and ability to get to the second level will be maximized.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

James at C

Good and Incognito at G

I am in the exact same boat you are like Word for Word. I think the key thing that's forgotten is that Denzel Good(we can play both guard and tackle) tore his ACL week one.Β 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I am in the exact same boat you are like Word for Word. I think the key thing that's forgotten is that Denzel Good(we can play both guard and tackle) tore his ACL week one.Β 

Yep. I mean, if Cable's plan wasΒ 

Miller-Simpson-James-Mr. Leatherwood-Parker, then I'd say screw the guy.Β 

But that wasn't the plan. 3 guys are starting at positions they weren't planned to start at practically all season long because of injuries.Β 

Not every "Cable guy" will develop, sure. I hated the Parker and Mr. Leatherwood picks. But Miller and now James and even Simpson to a degree have developed nicely. That's 3/5 of a starting OL, and Good was a FA addition (Incognito too).Β 

3 holes plugged by "his guys", 1 plugged by a FA (who is injured). That only leaves 1 "weak point" going forward.Β 

It's easy to scapegoat Cable because of the poor results. I won't cry if he let him go, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as people make him out to be.Β 

We need a RT. IF Mr. Leatherwood pans out, big IF imo, we have a complete line. Many people seem to want to go RT via FA. That means one of Good or Simpson or Mr. Leatherwood becomes a quality backup.Β 

I guess the way I look at it is that there's clearly a defined plan for the OL (can't say the same about most of our other units except maybe the secondary?) and the current product is one of unfortunate circumstance more than a failure at the job.Β 

Β 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. I mean, if Cable's plan wasΒ 

Miller-Simpson-James-Mr. Leatherwood-Parker, then I'd say screw the guy.Β 

But that wasn't the plan. 3 guys are starting at positions they weren't planned to start at practically all season long because of injuries.Β 

Not every "Cable guy" will develop, sure. I hated the Parker and Leatherwood picks. But Miller and now James and even Simpson to a degree have developed nicely. That's 3/5 of a starting OL, and Good was a FA addition (Incognito too).Β 

3 holes plugged by "his guys", 1 plugged by a FA (who is injured). That only leaves 1 "weak point" going forward.Β 

It's easy to scapegoat Cable because of the poor results. I won't cry if he let him go, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as people make him out to be.Β 

We need a RT. IF Mr. Leatherwood pans out, big IF imo, we have a complete line. Many people seem to want to go RT via FA. That means one of Good or Simpson or Mr. Leatherwood becomes a quality backup.Β 

I guess the way I look at it is that there's clearly a defined plan for the OL (can't say the same about most of our other units except maybe the secondary?) and the current product is one of unfortunate circumstance more than a failure at the job.Β 

Β 

Hi one thing with cable was just the concept that Leatherwood was a plug and play right tackle. That's the only thing that I can't get behind. If they had just come out and told the truth I and said that he has treats that we like and that he'sΒ gonna take a lot of time to develop like Miller, would have no problem with that at all. But that's not how he was advertised.

That said I don't think he would be as bad of a guard(or even as a tackle) if he had good to play next to.Β 

In terms of the other units I like the D line also. I just need a real nose tackle that doesn't have to come off the field on third down.Β 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Gruden aggravated me as a playcaller and he's clearly not the best guy in the world, so I'm not sad he's gone.Β 

But he wasn't a bad football coach when it comes to the coaching aspect of the game.Β 

Β 

Β 

Also, now I know why Jacobs is always hurt. Between that and his Twitter whining, dude is softer than Gus' coverage schemes on 2nd and long. Lol.Β 

I didn't think the play calling at the beginning of the season was so bad.Β  We were calling a lot of deep shots.Β  I loved it.

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

And he didn’t cost anything to sign. So the idea from the beginning was it pans out he’s a cheap center that young and can play rather than keeping Rodney Hudson who is on the decline. James is only gonna get better and Hudson’s only gonna get worse