The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

59 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This feels like a false narrative. I literally do not remember any of this. He was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Went right where he was suppose. Was loved in scouting circles. 

Nope @nyraider is completely right about that one. I was shocked about the other disrespect he was getting after like two Plays in the third preseason game against the niners

45 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nope him and Gill were in my mock 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This feels like a false narrative. I literally do not remember any of this. He was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Went right where he was suppose. Was loved in scouting circles. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2021/2021-draft-pick-pick-analysis-round-3

Deablo will probably become a solid nickel linebacker or adequate box safety in the NFL. The pro day results and production suggest that he could even offer a little more than that. But if the Raiders are looking for a Honey Badger, they will be disappointed.

Now THAT was a one-two punch of Raiders toolsy square pegs if ever I saw one.

Grade: C-

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-bucky-brooks-pick-by-pick-analysis-for-day-2

The gigantic safety is a banger in the defensive backfield with an aggressive game that sets the tone for the defense. Deablo has limitations as a box-area safety, but his toughness and tenacity should make him a solid role player and special teams standout for the Raiders. 

Most said it was a reach at the time but go off kings.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Turnobili said:

Linebacker? Is this another tanner muse project?

On 4/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, BayRaider said:

What about SS? Can’t be worse than Abram.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:42 AM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Devil's advocate. His highlight reel is amazing. But my concern is why did he last until the third round?

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was actually going to pull up some of the things that were said by for anybody who wants to know what I'm talking about just simply go to the Niner preseason game thread to see how much trash was being talked after like two or three plays

I think somebody said that he should've been undrafted or something like that

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Aye people rarely agree with me lol it’s all good tho. People laughed at me wanting to draft the center kc ended up picking 🤷🏾‍♂️ It is what it is. I think it was one other poster here who liked deablo wanna say dessie iirc

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Aye people rarely agree with me lol it’s all good tho. People laughed at me wanting to draft the center kc ended up picking 🤷🏾‍♂️ It is what it is. I think it was one other poster here who liked deablo wanna say dessie iirc

I just remember most on here being like who da fook is that guy and being upset that we took another S/LB hybrid after the Muse debacle. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just remember most on here being like who da fook is that guy and being upset that we took another S/LB hybrid after the Muse debacle. 

I was upset about it primarily for the penchant to take hybrid guys fairly early in general. Wasn't so much Deablo himself (I mean, let's be real, who doesn't want a Raiders jersey with that name on it?), more the strategy. Save hybrids for the 4th round. 

Either way, I 100% bought a few Deablo jerseys for family members for Christmas lol

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was upset about it primarily for the penchant to take hybrid guys fairly early in general. Wasn't so much Deablo himself (I mean, let's be real, who doesn't want a Raiders jersey with that name on it?), more the strategy. Save hybrids for the 4th round. 

Either way, I 100% bought a few Deablo jerseys for family members for Christmas lol

I mean everyone was upset, rightfully so, because we had literally just taken two players who had to transition into new positions in the third round the year prior who never even played for us. And Mayock publicly stated how they realized it was a mistake and then did it again. 😫

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nope @nyraider is completely right about that one. I was shocked about the other disrespect he was getting after like two Plays in the third preseason game against the niners

Fair enough. I checked out after the Leatherwood pick until week 1. I just recall talking heads liking him as a player. 

You can't listen to Raider fans. They are so knee jerk. Some called Mack a bust after preseason in here his rookie year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Fair enough. I checked out after the Leatherwood pick until week 1. I just recall talking heads liking him as a player. 

You can't listen to Raider fans. They are so knee jerk. Some called Mack a bust after preseason in here his rookie year. 

That's always a bad sign lol. 

Isn't a Mel Kiper endorsement practically the kiss of death for a career? 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I remember a couple of hours before the draft posting something along the lines of "everyone here is excited about getting a potential star and we'll likely take Leatherwood." Jokingly and then we actually did it, lol.

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I mean everyone was upset, rightfully so, because we had literally just taken two players who had to transition into new positions in the third round the year prior who never even played for us. And Mayock publicly stated how they realized it was a mistake and then did it again. 😫

100% true but I did say around that time that the difference was Richard Smith who only has a history of coaching really good fast athletic linebackers that start in the NFL for long periods. So when he thinks I'll see if he can convert to linebacker he actually knows what he's talking about as opposed to Paul Gunther who has a zero history of doing so

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I agree with you I know one of these historian posters lol can dig that thread up and see how it really went down 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

100% true but I did say around that time that the difference was Richard Smith who only has a history of coaching really good fast athletic linebackers that start in the NFL for long periods. So when he thinks I'll see if he can convert to linebacker he actually knows what he's talking about as opposed to Paul Gunther who has a zero history of doing so

Paul Guenther aka Paul Blart had a history of doing nothing