The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kwait

According to PFF he has been graded as the 8th best LB overall and 6th best LB in coverage so far this season. Obviously it's a super small sample size but PFF also has Jeff Heath graded out as the #2 safety overall and #2 safety in pass coverage. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

According to PFF he has been graded as the 8th best LB overall and 6th best LB in coverage so far this season. Obviously it's a super small sample size but PFF also has Jeff Heath graded out as the #2 safety overall and #2 safety in pass coverage. 

They need to keep trying Abram/Heath as the Safety duo and see if it saves us a draft pick. Heath played 42% of the defensive snaps that game, when he was sub 20% every game before that and mostly a ST player. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They need to keep trying Abram/Heath as the Safety duo and see if it saves us a draft pick. Heath played 42% of the defensive snaps that game, when he was sub 20% every game before that and mostly a ST player. 

We need to bring in a S regardless, Heath and Harris are strong depth/spot starter types. We need a game changer to go along with Abram, Mullen and Arnette. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Heath is like Harris though, decent depth option but not a guy you really want starting, especially not at FS. According to Cowboys fans he'll make some splash plays that get your attention but overall he's not that good. Just like Harris has done for us. 

I think getting a true center fielder at FS would really open up our defense because it would allow us to move Abram around more. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really really want to bring in Thomas. We have a good locker room culture. I would pull the trigger.

I’m on the fence about ET, great player, a little past his prime. Maybe the time away has humbled him some. But the fact no one has signed his is very telling. Especially this season with all the injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

I’m on the fence about ET, great player, a little past his prime. Maybe the time away has humbled him some. But the fact no one has signed his is very telling. Especially this season with all the injuries. 

I think so but we have a bottom tier safety situation and even if there's a chance that he can be a player back there, I think you take it.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really really want to bring in Thomas. We have a good locker room culture. I would pull the trigger.

I’m definitely open to it. We just beat KC. We are in the playoff hunt. We’re not a Super Bowl Contender, but the fact is, if you are in the playoff hunt, you have to do at least everything in your power to try to win a Super Bowl. I’d sign Thomas over the bye week, play him maybe 25% of the snaps against Tampa Bay, if he does well, play him full time at FS the rest of the season. Then we’d also get Arnette back around Week 10-11 and be in pretty decent shape. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

As long as it’s a one year prove it deal I’m down. If he’s asking for a long term contract, he can kick rocks. 

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He played well last year and is only like 31. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As long as it’s a one year prove it deal I’m down. If he’s asking for a long term contract, he can kick rocks. 

His contract wouldn't be guaranteed and I'm assuming he'd take a smaller deal because he made $22M last season and the Ravens are paying him $10M this year and $10M next year as well. If it's not a fit we can cut him and move on. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Crazy we beat two contenders, top 5 teams in Saints and Chiefs. We almost beat two other top teams Bills/Pats...amazing start going into the bye. 

One thing that's encouraging to me about this season is that we've never trailed by more than 4 points at halftime and we've been within striking distance in the 4th quarter in both of our losses. Compared to last season where we were down by double digits at half in 6/9 of our losses and lost by 14+ in 6/9 too. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Chucky got a lot of crap, signed a massive contract, traded away 2 of our best players, got plowed all year long. Still got a long way to go but he definitely has us on the right track. 

He’s going at a faster pace than I thought to be honest, as soon as we traded Mack I knew a multi-year rebuild was in the works. 

I figured it’d be:

(parenthesis real record)

2018: 6-10 (4-12)

2019: 6-10 (7-9)

2020: 7-9 (3-2)

2021: 10-7

2022: 12-5, division champs.

2023: 12-5, super bowl champs. 

Always the way I saw it going if Gruden is indeed the answer. 2023 everyone from Mayocks first draft class will be on their final year of their contract and fully developed.