The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Mullen will be a FA in 2023. Hasn't done enough to suggest he's a core piece going forward. 

CB is a major need for this team still. 

I beg to differ unless he falls off a cliff or has another lost year next year with injury, he's looked really good to me when he's played and I'd really have liked to have seen him for more of this year seeing that we have been able to actually affect the QB somewhat with the pass rush. Next year will be critical from a health perspective and he needs to take away any doubt with consistent play.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Who are the defense of staff is when you draft defensive players matters

Regardless of who your coaches are though you should draft the most talented players. Good coaches find a way to put talented players in a position to succeed. Micah Parsons with the Cowboys is an excellent example. They use essentially the same scheme that we do, was Micah's skill-set really suited for what Dann Quinn likes to do? Not really. He needs LB's that are good in space and can play in coverage, Micah's best skill was his ability to play coming down hill. So what did Quinn do? He moved him to defensive end and he has been an absolute monster. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This at the very least shows the importance of having a decent DC. Still am not a Bradley fan. Want him gone.

In my opinion Mayock just seems to be a yes man, he's not a leader. Obviously your coaches, scouts, and other team personnel should have input on draft picks and free agent signings. But the GM should be the one with the final say in every decision and take who he thinks is BPA. Mayock has essentially blamed every pick on a coach other then Arnette, lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

In my opinion Mayock just seems to be a yes man, he's not a leader. Obviously your coaches, scouts, and other team personnel should have input on draft picks and free agent signings. But the GM should be the one with the final say in every decision and take who he thinks is BPA. Mayock has essentially blamed every pick on a coach other then Arnette, lol.

We could have just traded up for Terrell like I wanted. Pain.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who did he blame it on?

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has been very public about why we picked certain players where we did and almost always he has referred to a coach on the staff loving him.

Oh I see what you’re saying. Got it. Cause I was like “ I never read any of those articles“ But I know which ones you’re talking about now

Edited by Jeremy408