The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The NFL begs to differ

That's why I said IMHO. He's a great team player, love his attitude and the way he's handled his issues but he's simply not an All Pro talent yet. He puts together another season like this one with a dozen sacks next year then he'll be in the conversation for sure. Would you choose him and over Watt, Garrett, Bosa, Bosa, Chase Young, Hunter or Jordan on a purely playing perspective?

Edited by Darbsk

2 hours ago, Edz209 said:

over your first 4 no over your last 3 yesΒ 

As I've said, I really like Crosby but I don't think he's the pass rusher Hunter and Young are and Jordan is a complete DE. I believe Crosby is in that next tier of players with guys like Burns, Ngakoue, Landry, Quinn, Hendrickson and these guys. Very good players and Pro Bowl type players IMHO. πŸ˜€

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

As I've said, I really like Crosby but I don't think he's the pass rusher Hunter and Young are and Jordan is a complete DE. I believe Crosby is in that next tier of players with guys like Burns, Ngakoue, Landry, Quinn, Hendrickson and these guys. Very good players and Pro Bowl type players IMHO. πŸ˜€

Feels like you are making this about sack numbers. Crosby is a dominate pass rusher who is winning multiple ways. The sacks will continue to pile up. Would help if the Raiders had a secondary that could cover and make plays. I think Crosby will continue to ascend to the top edge rushers in the game.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Feels like you are making this about sack numbers. Crosby is a dominate pass rusher who is winning multiple ways. The sacks will continue to pile up. Would help if the Raiders had a secondary that could cover and make plays. I think Crosby will continue to ascend to the top edge rushers in the game.

Well, that's part of it isn't it. A pass rusher needs sacks. It's not the whole of the equation certainly, but he's not a dominant run defender like Jordan or Bosa so if he's decent at run defence rather than great then he needs to be great at pass rushing to compensate and he's very good but not great IMO.Β 

Its the difference for me between Pro Bowl and All Pro. Mack for example is as good a pass rusher but a better run defender. If his calling card is pass rush he needs to turn more pressures into sacks to become a great one for me personally. Pressures are great, but the QB can still complete the pass whilst a sack ends the play there and then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, that's part of it isn't it. A pass rusher needs sacks. It's not the whole of the equation certainly, but he's not a dominant run defender like Jordan or Bosa so if he's decent at run defence rather than great then he needs to be great at pass rushing to compensate and he's very good but not great IMO.Β 

Its the difference for me between Pro Bowl and All Pro. Mack for example is as good a pass rusher but a better run defender. If his calling card is pass rush he needs to turn more pressures into sacks to become a great one for me personally. Pressures are great, but the QB can still complete the pass whilst a sack ends the play there and then.

He had excellent grades against the rush last yearΒ 

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

He had excellent grades against the rush last yearΒ 

Well, what I saw was improved discipline, better leverage and terrific effort but he's still only an average to decent run defender from what I saw. He certainly isn't in the same league as a guy like Mack or Jordan or Bosa who are technically superb. Maxx is still a little wild and gets washed out at times from what I saw. I'm not sure what grades you're referring to but I thought he did improve for sure but us a level below the very best and I thought that was the argument, that he was among the very best.

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Well, what I saw was improved discipline, better leverage and terrific effort but he's still only an average to decent run defender from what I saw. He certainly isn't in the same league as a guy like Mack or Jordan or Bosa who are technically superb. Maxx is still a little wild and gets washed out at times from what I saw. I'm not sure what grades you're referring to but I thought he did improve for sure but us a level below the very best and I thought that was the argument, that he was among the very best.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

Β 

On 1/25/2022 at 3:30 AM, big_palooka said:

Yep. He’s winning so fast with so many moves. It’s crazy the jump he made. The sacks will come. A lot of bad luck on those.