The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

Chucky got a lot of crap, signed a massive contract, traded away 2 of our best players, got plowed all year long. Still got a long way to go but he definitely has us on the right track.Β 

For the first time in probably 2-3 decades we're actually building a roster through the draft instead of washed up veteran retreads.

Josh Jacobs YPC has been horrible (not his fault), but let's just appreciate all the small things he does for the offense, a la Le'veon Bell/Frank Gore.

Makes guys miss, converts in short yardage, catches the football. When the explosive plays are not happening and we just need to move the chains,Β he is the guy keeping everyone honest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Josh Jacobs YPC has been horrible (not his fault), but let's just appreciate all the small things he does for the offense, a la Le'veon Bell/Frank Gore.

Makes guys miss, converts in short yardage, catches the football. When the explosive plays are not happening and we just need to move the chains,Β he is the guy keeping everyone honest.

Despite his poor YPC he's still 2nd in rushing yards and 3rd in rushing TD's this season.Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vickers did play well as well. I need to rewatch this game, but this is a few of his good plays and I was pretty impressed, though Sanjit's football analysis can be a bit shaky at times.

Jones, Smith, and Vickers all played better yesterday then we've seen Collins play all year.Β 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vickers did play well as well. I need to rewatch this game, but this is a few of his good plays and I was pretty impressed, though Sanjit's football analysis can be a bit shaky at times.

Wow those were impressive plays. More than we've see Collins do that's for sure. Any non mobile qb and he likely gets a couple sacks. I'd roll with him after the bye.Β 

• Like 1

Reed always posts such good videos. Here's a data dump for you all:

Ruggs' TD doesn't happen without Jacobs pass-pro:

I think Ingold has solidified himself as a top 2 FB (Juice-check FB1). How many FBs even exist let alone hurdle defenders and catch passes:

Ferrell is taking the next step we needed:

Breath of fresh air seeing A) Carr stand in the pocket B) step into his throw C) having WRs actually get open:

Adding Ricos 4.2something speed wouldn't be fun for D's:

Β 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Β 

I remember Frank Clark just beating on Kolton Miller like Tyreek Hill beats on his wife and kid.Β  Man was it hard to watch.Β  2.5 sacks and 2 fumbles is what Miller gave up.Β  Now he just shut him down.Β  So glad to see he has gotten so much better.

• Like 1

Love to see the young guys develop. Growing pains suck and guys get written off, but this is the benefit of having a stable coaching staff in place that allows players to develop and grow into their positions. Miller is looking like a top 10 LT after he was universally labeled a bust after his injury riddled rookie season.Β 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He played well last year and is only like 31.Β 

His contract wouldn't be guaranteed and I'm assuming he'd take a smaller deal because he made $22M last season and the Ravens are paying him $10M this year and $10M next year as well. If it's not a fit we can cut him and move on.Β 

I'm really unsure about Thomas, he has the skills and pedigree but of all places to get kicked out of Baltimore is a big red flag to me. We think we have a solid locker room but Baltimore is famous for its leaders, stability and culture in the locker room and if he can get kicked out of there how is he going to interact in our young and still developing culture?

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm really unsure about Thomas, he has the skills and pedigree but of all places to get kicked out of Baltimore is a big red flag to me. We think we have a solid locker room but Baltimore is famous for its leaders, stability and culture in the locker room and if he can get kicked out of there how is he going to interact in our young and still developing culture?

He has to know that he's on the verge of losing his career and another incident will probably get him blacklisted for life. It's a high reward/low risk situation because we could likely sign him for a minimum deal (he's getting paid by Baltimore this season) and it'd be non-guaranteed so we could cut him at any point without any issues.Β 

• Like 1