The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

On 4/23/2022 at 3:13 AM, BackinBlack said:

Well not to surprising, we move ball well and get into FG range no problem. Guesing they count FGs as scoring drives

Yeh, we score on a lot of drives for sure, I would guess our average points per drive however would be a lot less than those other teams though as we would score a lot more FGs than TDs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

plz improve 

I’m pretty sure he will as by all accounts he is a hard worker. It’s just the extent of overall improvement and if he can specifically overcome the mental and technical issues sufficiently to remain at tackle. 

I’d hoped they might move him to LG to see if it was his discomfort on the right side that was causing  him added issues. Also, the security of having Miller next to him.

I wonder whether the coaches will be high on Simpson? While I wasn’t that impressed, the guy from Tape Dont Lie, who seems to know his oline stuff, has been really high on Simpson and did a vid showing his improvements during the back end of the season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's pretty incredible how much Maxx has bulked up.

He was literally drafted because of his motor and effort alone.  The guy just never stops attacking.  You can't teach motor and relentless effort.  The guy is an every down monster.  Him bulking up was the easy part IMO.  You just can't teach his level of effort.  Once he learned a couple of pass rush moves and bulked up, he became a complete pass rusher.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He’s one of the best OL coaches in the league. Between him and bricilio, he should make a big jump.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:15 AM, Jeremy408 said:

The talent has always been there...

On 4/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, reddevil said:

I’m pretty sure he will as by all accounts he is a hard worker. It’s just the extent of overall improvement and if he can specifically overcome the mental and technical issues sufficiently to remain at tackle. 

I’d hoped they might move him to LG to see if it was his discomfort on the right side that was causing  him added issues. Also, the security of having Miller next to him.

I wonder whether the coaches will be high on Simpson? While I wasn’t that impressed, the guy from Tape Dont Lie, who seems to know his oline stuff, has been really high on Simpson and did a vid showing his improvements during the back end of the season. 

I meant to post that video in the random Raiders stuff, I think I posted it somewhere else on here though. 

Either way he looks to be in great shape this off-season and strikes me as a guy that wants to get better. As @reddevil said the biggest things that he needs to improve on are mental and technical issues. Whenever he'd make a mistake last season it was almost always something mental, imo, not because he lacked talent. 

He was a consensus 1st Team All-American and won the Outland Trophy (best OL in NCAAF) as a senior at Alabama. And his raw athletic score was like 17th best for any OT to enter the draft over the last 30 years or whatever, so the talent is definitely there. We heard Kolton Miller discuss his struggles moving from LT/RT and then back to LT, which was one of the reasons we decided to just keep him put at LT as a rookie despite his struggles. Leatherwood moved from LT/RG/LT at Alabama, IIRC, and then we asked him to move to RT, a position he hadn't really ever played. 

I personally hope that we try him out at RT this year, I wouldn't want to ask him to switch to LG, another position that he hasn't ever played before. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ziegler has been phenomenal with contracts...

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hunter Renfrow contract details:

2022: $3.5M cap hit | $10.9M dead cap

2023: $14M cap hit | $7.9M dead cap

2024: $13.7M cap hit | $1.8M dead cap 

2025/2026: $1.8M cap hits in both years that are signing bonuses 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...