The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Cooper gets a bad rap here but no way he is top ten.  Maybe top ten when he is focused but that is not always the case.  I would put him top 25.

I'll never say Coop is bad.  He was and still is a good playmaker.  However, his hands to my knowledge have never been that good. let alone top ten material.  Top ten in route running, perhaps.

3 hours ago, true2form said:

I'll never say Coop is bad.  He was and still is a good playmaker.  However, his hands to my knowledge have never been that good. let alone top ten material.  Top ten in route running, perhaps.

The guy is one of the best route runners in the league and can play tag in a phone booth.  His hands become an issue because he looses focus.  He had a lot of drops early in his career but it seemed like all of Carr's receivers did.  You get him involved early and often and it is not a problem.  When he is just out there running decoy routes he starts getting frustrated and his immaturity and lack of focus show up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Talking about Deablo in a different thread, but I do remember thinking we may have found something with him at LB:

not to sound bias but I think Deablo, Hobbs, and Moehrig can be stars. That would go a long way to making our defense a good young defense. I think Rock is going be solid starting corner, and Maxx is the franchise player! That defense could be amazing If those 3 make the jump. Nichols, Averett,  and Perryman are good starters too. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

With any luck, that’s what we’ll be getting with Josh McDaniels. Not the most overly complicated offensive scheme but just clever ways to create space and mismatches. Improvements in the red zone offence and varying our game plan from week to week to focus on different players is what I expect.

The TEs and RBs should play really important roles in matching up against differing defences. I’m genuinely excited to see how well attack different teams in different ways. 

Edited by Darbsk