The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He has to know that he's on the verge of losing his career and another incident will probably get him blacklisted for life. It's a high reward/low risk situation because we could likely sign him for a minimum deal (he's getting paid by Baltimore this season) and it'd be non-guaranteed so we could cut him at any point without any issues. 

Exactly he has 0 leverage. 

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Exactly he has 0 leverage. 

IIRC he never really had any major issues in Seattle. The only concern I have is that it was rumored the reason Houston didn't sign him is because their players said they didn't want him in the locker room. 

Thomas thrived in Seattle and never had any significant locker room problems or off the field issues. I think our culture with Gruden is much more similar to the Seahawks culture with Carroll then what he dealt with in Baltimore. And other than the AB situation we haven't had any issues with guys being a problem in the locker room. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What the actual hell got into our D line last game???

Scheme and sticky coverage.  We didn't do anything special, KC fell into a trap.  They went away from their run game and tried to pass to catch up and it failed because we had 7 DBs covering 4-5 guys at a time.  Our players had to cover so much ground because our DL took so dang long to actually get to Mahomes.  Some of the top DL in the league would've had a field day if they had 8-11 seconds to get to the QB which happened quite often this game.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd honestly say we have a Top 5 Offense right now behind the Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Titans. Packers comfortably #1. If our D keeps stepping up like it did, our season looks bright. However, I'm not gonna get excited until at least 9-10 games are complete, because I've seen us do so well in the 1st half so many times over the years and implode in the 2nd.

I'm very proud of our offense so far this season.

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What the actual hell got into our D line last game???

Pumped up for a big game and have finally had time to get back into game shape. As I said before we usually have 4 preseason games before the start of the season so our first 4 games this year almost served the same purpose with last week being week 1 of the regular season under normal circumstances. Rod has also been able to coach them up for over a month now as well. 

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Scheme and sticky coverage.  We didn't do anything special, KC fell into a trap.  They went away from their run game and tried to pass to catch up and it failed because we had 7 DBs covering 4-5 guys at a time.  Our players had to cover so much ground because our DL took so dang long to actually get to Mahomes.  Some of the top DL in the league would've had a field day if they had 8-11 seconds to get to the QB which happened quite often this game.

Our DL won more individual battles against OL then we've seen the rest of the season combined. Ferrell, Crosby, Jones, Smith, and Vickers all had good games. 

One of the biggest surprises for me is Agholor. His speed/agility is as good as advertised but he's made some super clutch catches and hasn't flashed poor hands like everyone says he has. I truly hope we re-sign him. 

Also had like a 60+ yard TD called back IIIRC after the Moreau penalty.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One of the biggest surprises for me is Agholor. His speed/agility is as good as advertised but he's made some super clutch catches and hasn't flashed poor hands like everyone says he has. I truly hope we re-sign him. 

Also had like a 60+ yard TD called back IIIRC after the Moreau penalty.

He's leading all of our WR in catch rate after catching 10/11 targets so far this season, 3 of his catches have been TD, and the other 7 have all been 1st downs. If they wouldn't have called back that TD last week it would've given him 2 50+ yard TD catches and 3 20+ yard TD catches on the season. 

On the year our receivers have done an excellent job with drops, we only have 4 so far this year on 167 attempts. 

• Like 1