The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Tag Jacobs. Work a long term deal or trade. Run it back with him another year. 

The team didn't think he was worth $8M so they're going to tag him at $12M? Tag and trades are difficult to pull off and I don't think very many teams would give up draft capital for him on a 1 year deal. The FA RB class is extremely deep and we see rookie RB's come into the league and light it up every season. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The team didn't think he was worth $8M so they're going to tag him at $12M? Tag and trades are difficult to pull off and I don't think very many teams would give up draft capital for him on a 1 year deal. The FA RB class is extremely deep and we see rookie RB's come into the league and light it up every season. 

They evaluated him and he's shown he's valuable.... so yes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah honestly I’d find a way to keep him. The scary thing is he’d be even better with a better OL.

Seriously... the amount of tackles he has to slip behind the LOS is insane. I did appreciate JMD calling more outside zone runs for him Sunday. Played to his strength, let him pick his spot and get up field. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Seriously... the amount of tackles he has to slip behind the LOS is insane. I did appreciate JMD calling more outside zone runs for him Sunday. Played to his strength, let him pick his spot and get up field. 

I like white but our other backs can’t get a yard with this OL lmao

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I could see them going after Kareem Hunt or something if JJ falls through.

I'm assuming that Damien Harris will be cheap in free agency, I could see us signing him to a 1 year prove it deal. He had 1,000 APY and 15 TD last year with Josh McDaniels. 

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good drafting. Hell, even decent drafting. Put all the picks in the OL/DL. I agree though paying every skill player is not optimal. 

I'm so tired of scraping the bottom of the barrel and expecting to be good in the trenches. I'm arguably the biggest JJ stan on the forum and have always defended him. But I think this is one of those situations that you have to be disciplined and make the difficult decision to let him walk. If we invest heavily into the offensive line we should be able to get good production from a less talented RB. This approach reminds me of the Al Davis days, skill position players are sexy, elite players in the trenches win championships. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How are we going to pay Carr, Jacobs, Adams, Renfrow, and Waller yet still make significant upgrades to the OL?

Guessing Waller will be traded. Restructure contracts to fit Jacobs and fill out the roster.

The Oline doesn't need overpriced highlight FA signings. A couple of decent veteran guys while younger guys develop should be sufficient. RT/G

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm so tired of scraping the bottom of the barrel and expecting to be good in the trenches. I'm arguably the biggest JJ stan on the forum and have always defended him. But I think this is one of those situations that you have to be disciplined and make the difficult decision to let him walk. If we invest heavily into the offensive line we should be able to get good production from a less talented RB. This approach reminds me of the Al Davis days, skill position players are sexy, elite players in the trenches win championships. 

I would normally agree. But the offense runs through Jacobs. And after listening to JMDs comments, you can tell he's a big fan of his. 

Josh McDaniels was asked about Jacobs on Monday and the Raiders head coach talked about what makes Jacobs different than running backs he has coached in the past.

“One of the most impressive things about him is he never asks to come out of the game,” McDaniels told reporters on Monday. “That’s a tough position to play in and never come out because you’re getting hit a lot.”

“He’s got this incredible football endurance about him. He runs in there and takes a bunch of hits. He doesn’t look to the sideline,” McDaniels continued. “It took me, honestly, a few weeks to get used to that because you’re normally thinking you’re going to be subbing backs, quite honestly, pretty regularly. I’m used to that from my recent past when we used a lot of different backs.”

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1