Random Thoughts - Regular season edition

dll2000

Done with Covid one.  I don’t want to see that word every time I post.    

Observation: 

I don’t know how good Johnson will be at CB.  But I can tell you from observing him and listening to him speak he is an alpha however you want to define that.

He is an intelligent natural leader and confident.   He is charismatic.  

I can see why Bears picked him now and why he has been quickly elevated to starting role.   That is problem with home scouting without access to people.  You don’t get the inside scoops of talking to people and people that know them to better judge intangibles.

Just watching Kmet, you don’t get his work ethic and great intelligence and affable personality.  

These things matter in football.  Cancer and chemistry and culture matter more in football than any other sport by far.  Because there are more variables in football than other sports. 

Pace understands this.  I just wish he understood that offensive tackles matter as well.    

I believe SLCbear mentioned all those things about JJ because he watched him a lot in college. Got me hyped up for him. I think he'll be a problem for a lot of good receivers in the north for a long time.

Seems Graham is showing Kmet all the ways of being a pro and it's rubbing off on him. He's been a sponge so far. Let's hope he has a Gronk like first year 🤞

• Like 1

19 hours ago, soulman said:

Check out the new deals Cook and Kamara just got.

Cook; 5yrs/$62.5 mil/$12.5 mil aav/$28 mil gtd.

Kamara: 5yrs/$75 mil/$15 mil aav/$34.3 mil gtd.

Kamara to me is worth what it takes to keep him as he is total package playmaker who is a major straw that stirs the drink.

Cooks is just an above average running back, with likely injury issues and replaceable.  Cooks signing is good news for NFCN.  

Although it seems as if there are enough salary cap gimmicks that can be utilized that most any player a team really wants to keep can be kept.  People put too much time into cap management as fans.   

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

WFT beat Philly

Jacksonville beat Indy

Minnesota's D actually reflected somewhat of a rebuild

Seattle is really good

What a day so far

It still looks like Ravens and KC are class of NFL again this year.   I think Ravens D will fade though.   They are more coaching and scheme than talent.

I think Packers are best team in NFCN right now and I would still take KC or Ravens with a 12 pt. Spread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It still looks like Ravens and KC are class of NFL again this year.   I think Ravens D will fade though.   They are more coaching and scheme than talent.

I think Packers are best team in NFCN right now and I would still take KC or Ravens with a 12 pt. Spread.

Every year Dallas is going to win it all, and every year Dallas lets all of those analysts down :)

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Every year Dallas is going to win it all, and every year Dallas lets all of those analysts down :)

I didn’t watch that game.  I watched a lot of Dallas last year and a lot of Dallas offensive stats are not real.

But they do have a legit WR group and RB.  I think their QB is overrated.  

Wasn’t their starting RT out for that game?  And one of their best OL retired as well.   OL makes more of a difference than people credit.   

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Kamara to me is worth what it takes to keep him as he is total package playmaker who is a major straw that stirs the drink.

Cooks is just an above average running back, with likely injury issues and replaceable.  Cooks signing is good news for NFCN.  

Although it seems as if there are enough salary cap gimmicks that can be utilized that most any player a team really wants to keep can be kept.  People put too much time into cap management as fans.   

Both have proven their worth I was just letting my mind wander over to what Cohen's asking price may be provided he has a breakout year.

Allen Robinson rumors are starting to go off the deep end here.  Apparently he removed all Bears logos from his social media, so naturally people (with no real insight) begin speculation that a trade is brewing.  For what it’s worth, jalen Ramsey did the same thing and then signed a huge extension with LAR days later.