Random Thoughts - Regular season edition

dll2000

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Allen Robinson rumors are starting to go off the deep end here.  Apparently he removed all Bears logos from his social media, so naturally people (with no real insight) begin speculation that a trade is brewing.  For what it’s worth, jalen Ramsey did the same thing and then signed a huge extension with LAR days later.

I think ARob is pulling out all the stops to send the Bears FO a message that he wants to get paid.

He's is by far our best play maker on offense and is still fairly young by NFL WR Standards and he has outperformed his current contract IMO.  At the same time he is making $15M this season...so in a way I can see why the FO is in no rush to extend him.

Tough call but if I were the GM I would extend him now. 

• Like 1

2 of our practice squad where poached today. 

Vet OG brown to Philly

And the training camp standout inside linebacker Smith to Dallas. 

Brown hurts depth a bit, but whatever.... 

Smith, on the other hand, was by all reports extremely impressive in training camp and nearly made the team outright, and was flying around the field... Kind of annoyed that Pace has now let two high performing developmental prospects get poached in the past few years with this Smith kid, and Kerrith Whyte a year or two ago. Both of which where for positions of need for depth. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

2 of our practice squad where poached today. 

Vet OG brown to Philly

And the training camp standout inside linebacker Smith to Dallas. 

Brown hurts depth a bit, but whatever.... 

Smith, on the other hand, was by all reports extremely impressive in training camp and nearly made the team outright, and was flying around the field... Kind of annoyed that Pace has now let two high performing developmental prospects get poached in the past few years with this Smith kid, and Kerrith Whyte a year or two ago. Both of which where for positions of need for depth. 

This will be Brown's 5th team in 6 seasons. I'm not all too worried about losing him. As for Whyte, I know he went to Pittsburgh and initially was a factor, but he's with Detroit now. 3 teams in 2 years isn't promising, although crazier things have happened.

I figured by all of those reports Smith would've made the roster and got on ST, because like you said, they were raving about him last month. Oh well. Hopefully the Cowboys didn't get a nice player

You see how much losing to a division rival in week 1 sucks read MN and Detroit forums.    They are ready to quit on season.

Remember how we felt last two years?

Waiting all offseason for first game and then losing it just sucks.  Makes it 10x worst when its a rival.

Edited by dll2000
typo
  • Like 2

Burrow is a stud, he isn’t going to see end of season behind that O line though. 

And he lost his big TE last night.  I think AJ Green got hurt on first play.   He didn’t make a bunch of plays later that he probably could have.    

I feel bad for him.   Refs also allowed at least one nasty head shot on him with no call.   He will probably get worse this year not better in that situation.  

If we had Burrow on this team we would be contenders this year.  We would still not be as good as best teams, but he is a clear upgrade over Mitch even as a rookie with no off season.

Also we were fools not to pick up Hunt and then again not to sign him in FA.   I know we probably weren’t ‘allowed’ by ownership.  But fools all the same.

He is probably a top 5 RB in entire league who can do it all and is custom built for our scheme.  

I put a early long pass play on Gipson.   Again from memory.  Bears were in zone.   Deep crossing route by outside LWR.  LBs underneath.  They would never be back far enough on a deep crosser and their eyes are forward anyway.  CB passes him off and safety (Gipson) stays deep.

No one else was on a route to left at all.   You don’t cover grass.  Grass can’t catch a ball.   Sometimes I think defenders look at circles in drawings at Defensive meetings and think they have to just stand in center of their circle and not move.  That is what their job is, as long as no one catches a ball in that circle they win.

Have some common sense!!!   Johnson had to stay outside because he was contain and had to be there for anyone leaking out to left.   He had to pass him off to safety.  Gipson needs to close on that route yesterday.   There is no one else to worry about AND no one else to cover the WR!

Just awful on Gipson part.  Also Lions had perfect call versus that defense.   A lot of credit to them.

You play zone to play a man.  As Saban says you have to get in phase with a player as soon as he approaches or enters your zone.   In phase means Tight man coverage basically.  You get on him!  It does no one any good if you are many yards from a WR, especially in NFL. 

• Like 1

Return of the FB across NFL is bad news for Bears.  

Roquan Smith and DT are not equipped for lead ISO.  

Even Urlacher struggled with it even though he was a monster.  He was a converted safety.  Why he loved playing with Ted Washington.   

Singletary and Butkus ate it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Return of the FB across NFL is bad news for Bears.  

Roquan Smith and DT are not equipped for lead ISO.  

Even Urlacher struggled with it even though he was a monster.  He was a converted safety.  Why he loved playing with Ted Washington.   

Singletary and Butkus ate it up.

We really miss Eddie Goldman.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

I bet he regrets opting out now that season is going and people are starting to realize that threat and dangers may not have been as advertised.  

Burrow isn't going to die of Covid.  He is going to die from Cincinnati Olineitis.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, CBears019 said:

Allen Robinson rumors are starting to go off the deep end here.  Apparently he removed all Bears logos from his social media, so naturally people (with no real insight) begin speculation that a trade is brewing.  For what it’s worth, jalen Ramsey did the same thing and then signed a huge extension with LAR days later.

More on this in the ARob thread.