Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

Random Thoughts - Regular season edition

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Return of the FB across NFL is bad news for Bears.  

Roquan Smith and DT are not equipped for lead ISO.  

Even Urlacher struggled with it even though he was a monster.  He was a converted safety.  Why he loved playing with Ted Washington.   

Singletary and Butkus ate it up.

 

This was one reason I was in favor of Kwit over DT. Though he had a pec injury last week so the durability point I gave him hasn't started well. When Hicks went down we had a massive drop in physicality from the DL and with Goldman missing it is much the same. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

This was one reason I was in favor of Kwit over DT. Though he had a pec injury last week so the durability point I gave him hasn't started well. When Hicks went down we had a massive drop in physicality from the DL and with Goldman missing it is much the same. 

 

 

Well Kwiatkoski already hurt his pec this year, so that may be a problem for him moving forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 1:21 PM, topwop1 said:

Tough call but if I were the GM I would extend him now. 

Robinson should have been extended ALREADY. Not doing so is a really ridiculous dereliction by Pace. The only explanation is that he feels Miller (his pick, as opposed to his FA signing) will rise up and make Robinson expendable. 

Whatever the explanation, it's inexcusable this hasn't been done, or is in the process of being done.  

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

18 million for ARob is fair.  

Maybe. Something in that ballpark, anyway. He makes like $14 mil now, as it is, right?

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Return of the FB across NFL is bad news for Bears.  

Roquan Smith and DT are not equipped for lead ISO.  

That's an overreaction, and a bad take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Well Kwiatkoski already hurt his pec this year, so that may be a problem for him moving forward

Yep, exactly why I mentioned it. Turns out it may have been one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of deals. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Burrow isn't going to die of Covid.  He is going to die from Cincinnati Olineitis.

 

 

DL I love you bro, but you just had a 2 page conversation with yourself, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Well Kwiatkoski already hurt his pec this year, so that may be a problem for him moving forward

But Kwit was the 1 LB who didnt get a pec injury last year, so maybe it was just his turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

DL I love you bro, but you just had a 2 page conversation with yourself, lol

In order to find my equal I am forced to converse with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

 

That's an overreaction, and a bad take. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

 

That's one play, dude. They're professional linebackers. To assume a fullback automatically blows them up is silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

In order to find my equal I am forced to converse with myself.

Sounds eerily close to a certain Irishman from Braveheart. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

That's one play, dude. They're professional linebackers. To assume a fullback automatically blows them up is silly. 

That isn’t the point.  Point is Smith and Trevathan are block avoidance LBs.   They are surgeons not blacksmiths.

They will make plays still of course, but they thrive when protected and can struggle when they aren’t.    

A FB is a ideally a more nimble blocker than a guard and harder to avoid.  ILBs for decades were trained to take that ISO block on in the hole in order to Stop that play.   That isn’t what they are set up for.

Smith is cat quick though.  He can get it done more often than not with RB style jump cuts.  DT I worry more about.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think I mentioned that I was looking at jumping into a company that had a ton of room for advancement a while back. Went to the plant as a guest to watch the process, met with the Area Manager down to a bunch if the Sanitors and talked things over with my wife and kids. I'm going to sell off my construction business to my brother and jump in. I just signed and sent back the acceptance letter and will be moving to Louisiana for 4-5 months for their training program, then will be able to apply all over the US to run a site. 

 

Excited for the transition and to get a job that will have far better benefits than as an independent contractor - which is zero aside from self funded. lol 

Within 2-3 years I may be able to damn near double what I'm making right now.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 5:41 AM, dll2000 said:

That isn’t the point.  Point is Smith and Trevathan are block avoidance LBs.   They are surgeons not blacksmiths.

They will make plays still of course, but they thrive when protected and can struggle when they aren’t.    

A FB is a ideally a more nimble blocker than a guard and harder to avoid.  ILBs for decades were trained to take that ISO block on in the hole in order to Stop that play.   That isn’t what they are set up for.

Smith is cat quick though.  He can get it done more often than not with RB style jump cuts.  DT I worry more about.  

 

Yes, I don't like the 3-4 defense, either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So I think I mentioned that I was looking at jumping into a company that had a ton of room for advancement a while back. Went to the plant as a guest to watch the process, met with the Area Manager down to a bunch if the Sanitors and talked things over with my wife and kids. I'm going to sell off my construction business to my brother and jump in. I just signed and sent back the acceptance letter and will be moving to Louisiana for 4-5 months for their training program, then will be able to apply all over the US to run a site. 

 

Excited for the transition and to get a job that will have far better benefits than as an independent contractor - which is zero aside from self funded. lol 

Within 2-3 years I may be able to damn near double what I'm making right now.  

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...