Rams Extend Ramsey

HTTRDynasty

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They had to do it with what they traded for him, but the Rams are pretty clearly 4 out of 4 for me in the long-term outlook of the NFCW.

Not that it's entirely insulting, that's a brutal division right now, but they're low on picks, cap strapped and their OL and EDGE rush are both average at best with no real way to upgrade without a trade.

Im not going to change your mind in a few lines here, and Im not really trying to, just here to point out that most of your "issues" arent actually real

After 2021, they are basically back to normal on their Draft picks, and while they wont have that 1st again (for Ramsey) or their original 4th, they are likely getting a 3rd and 4th Comp pick in next years draft. So they arent really low there. And honestly, they could go with the Comp pick strategy one more time next offseason to bolster the roster if they feel like they need to, with a handful of guys who could be getting bigger deals next year. 

And speaking of 2021 deals, before the Ramsey deal they were looking at $40m cap space, with an easy $25m in moveable money before even looking at restructures.

Not going to go into discussions on the talent, but the Rams outlook really goes with what you think of Goff/McVay, but I was just throwing out what the facts of the Rams situation is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

How can both be true if they just in fact locked him up?

Also, nothing wrong with the offense. Will still be top 10 in points this year.

It's almost like people choose to ignore the fact that the Rams haven't been outside the top 10 in PPG since Mcvay came aboard. 

Oh wait, that's exactly what they do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

How can both be true if they just in fact locked him up?

Hmmm...

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Before the contract: "Rams botched this trading all of that to not even lock him up."

I mean, not locking him up at the time did cost about $20mm. He was always going to reset the market, it just so happens that Tre White set the benchmark first.

So...this is true.

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

After contract: "OMG that's soooooo much money. Doesn't fix your offense though."

*Shrug* It IS a lot of money. About $20mm more than Tre White. So that is "so much" money.

And, welp - no CB fixes an offense.

FTR - I like the signing a lot. Doesn't make these two things wrong, though.

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Welp... me and some others gotta eat crow on this one. Rams did it. They paid Ramsey big money to keep him happy. I'm assuming it will stay that way since they made him the highest paid by a pretty wide margin considering he's getting 21 million per year. Tre White got 17.25 million which now looks like a steal.

Congrats Rams fans. You overpaid but now have a stud corner who will be in the prime of his career for y'all for years to come.

Unfortunately, Ramsey wasn't enough to help y'all make the playoffs last year and won't be enough to help you make it this year most likely.

Somewhat disagree with that last part. Correct me if I’m wrong but the Rams went (6-4) with Ramsey and (3-3) without him. Losing 3 straight to the Bucs, Seahawks, and Niners. I don’t think Winston has a career game if Ramsey is on the team locking up Evans. We know Evans killed Peters even after the Rams got it down to 5pts Evans on the next drive hit a home run td on Peters. Don’t think that would’ve happened if Ramsey was on Evans. The Rams should’ve beaten the Seahawks regardless because Zuerlein missed a FG he normally makes over 90% of the time in his career. So could the Rams have been at least (10-6) if not (11-5) if they had Rams for the entire season? Yes. Definitely wouldn’t have given up 55pts to Bucs if they had him last season when the Rams played them. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Mediocre huh.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/30/pff-ranks-jared-goff-as-19th-best-qb-from-2019-season/

Being ranked 19th in the NFL would put him in the "mediocre" category. Or 15th if you go by QBR.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2019

Or 22nd in QB Rating

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

Oline was bad but just ravaged with injuries.

Like I said, bad OL last year.

At least they lived up the hype when the hype was there. Browns couldn’t even muster a .500’record. 

OK?

Goff has a proven track record of being a good QB. We’ll be fine as long the rams don’t suffer major injuries. 

I didn't write him off. I said "we'll see".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

First off, no those two things can't be true. The Rams can not have botched the trade by not resigning him and also have paid him too much money.

I fixed it. See my last post.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Secondly, I was more pointing out how it shows the negative mindset everyone lives in these days. People criticize something and then when that gets fixed, they brush it off and just go criticize something else. 

The negative mindset thing I could possibly agree with, but you can't blame people. 2020 has everyone on edge.

Anyways.... toning it down a little. I really didn't care for the draft compensation y'all gave up. If he was a guy who probably isn't bipolar and he kept playing at the level he did with the Jaguars for the next 5 years and you got him on Tre'davious White money, then maybe he could've lived up to that trade. I don't even know if he can live up to this contract let alone when you factor in the draft compensation you guys gave up. I think you could've used your resources better, but getting a top flight corner is always huge. Believe me... I know bad corners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/30/pff-ranks-jared-goff-as-19th-best-qb-from-2019-season/

Being ranked 19th in the NFL would put him in the "mediocre" category. Or 15th if you go by QBR.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2019

Or 22nd in QB Rating

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

Like I said, bad OL last year.

OK?

I didn't write him off. I said "we'll see".

Yeah yeah yeah. I’ll tell you what. I’ll take Goff over Baker in a heart beat. Baker didn’t do a thing with all those weapons.