2020 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So here are my thoughts on this:

• Looks like Trace McGoatley is going to be the backup, which is good news.
  • Getting both our C's back is nice, but I feel like CTC did a really good job and should be rewarded for that by keeping his starting spot and moving Mekari somehwere else (RG?).
  • Anthony Averett returning means we probably don't see any more Tramon Williams, which I really hope doesn't happen because Averett is trash and Tramon + Harris have actually played nicely for us in a pinch.
  • Getting JK back for this next game is huge.

I was really surprised by how well Harris and Dorsey played (mainly Harris). Given just how night and day their showings were vs guys like Bonds and Averett when pressed into action, I think those two have a role on this team going forward even when everyone is healthy.

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not a hard disagree to anything here.

55 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Looks like Trace McGoatley is going to be the backup, which is good news.

From Hollywood’s, John, and Brown Jr’s presser it sounds like Lamar and Andrew’s were good (and I’m inferring here) but most likely asymptomatic, so I’d anticipate Lamar to be back vs the Cowboys, but if not, it’ll be pretty scary to have Trace and Huntley as our only two QBs available to play.

Luckily it’s a home game and there won’t be any need to travel, we should know by Sunday if Lamar will be starting, my fantasy team sure would appreciate it.

57 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Getting JK back for this next game is huge.

Absolutely agree about getting Dobbins back. Ingram looked sick before the covid stuff dropped so it wouldn’t shock me if he’s out an additional week. Also sort of helps the team save face by not having to give him wasted touches that might otherwise go to JKD, Gus, and Hill.

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Anthony Averett returning means we probably don't see any more Tramon Williams, which I really hope doesn't happen because Averett is trash and Tramon + Harris have actually played nicely for us in a pinch.

Again, not a hard disagree. But AA was starting to turn a corner right before his injury. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain that level he was at prior to going out. He’s got the speed to matchup with WRs in a way that most of our other corners (minus Humphrey) can’t do. So I think having him back will be a good thing if we use our corners to their strengths. Like you said Williams/Harris should continue to be used though. This should allow us to rest Jimmy Smith for this game and hopefully get away with it. Assuming Dalton doesn’t magically turn back to the Red Rifle in this game.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Getting both our C's back is nice, but I feel like CTC did a really good job and should be rewarded for that by keeping his starting spot and moving Mekari somehwere else (RG?).

I think while TCC did very well as a run blocker on most occasions, he’s the worst of our centers in pass protection. So I’d still bench him. If Skura’s finger has healed, I’d go back to him, he’s at least a JAG in pass pro. Though tbf, he’s only 22 and I think he’s definitely earned the right to be our backup center once Skura inevitably leaves for a better deal elsewhere and earn us a comp pick (which is why I’d get him back out there as well, he’s only marginally worse than Mekari and the net gain is more beneficial).

I’d keep Powers in there at RG. He hasn’t looked great but he also hasn’t looked bad. He’s been JAG with a few nice run blocks. I thought his pass pro was better than TCC and so that would be the difference maker (one has to be benched IMO).

Lastly I’d move Mekari over to RT for the remainder of the season. Fluker hasn’t been terrible over there, but he’s one of the most penalized OL in football. He’s aided in killing some of our drives with said penalties. Plus he’s only a JAG himself. Mekari looked at least a smidge better at RT than Fluker trading additional run power for better pass pro, only hopefully he’d cut down on the penalties our OL has seen.

So in summary, assuming Skura’s hand is healed (should be by now), I hope we role with:

LT- Brown Jr
LG- Bozeman
C- Skura
RG- Powers
RT- Mekari

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I was really surprised by how well Harris and Dorsey played (mainly Harris). Given just how night and day their showings were vs guys like Bonds and Averett when pressed into action, I think those two have a role on this team going forward even when everyone is healthy.

Bonds should never see an NFL field again, dude might be the worst corner I’ve ever seen this franchise field. Might be worse than Corey Ivy and Frank the tank.

In terms of Averrett he had a few great games in coverage right before his injury. It wouldn’t shock me to see him revert to trash, but if he can be at the same level as he left at, we’ve got a dangerous cornerback room moving forward... like we’d be 5-6 good corners deep and could from there matchup with mostly any WR core in the NFL.

Ravens Activate Three More Players From Reserve/COVID-19 List

Three players who missed Wednesday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers were activated Saturday from the Reserve/COVID-19 list: defensive linemen Calais Campbell and Jihad Ward and running back Mark Ingram II.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-activate-three-more-players-from-reserve-covid-19-list

Good to see Campbell is at least off the list. Have to think they will slowly bring him back. Can’t imagine he’ll play against the Cowboys, but him and BWill being back for the Browns game would be absolutely huge.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Bonds should never see an NFL field again, dude might be the worst corner I’ve ever seen this franchise field. Might be worse than Corey Ivy and Frank the tank.

In terms of Averrett he had a few great games in coverage right before his injury. It wouldn’t shock me to see him revert to trash, but if he can be at the same level as he left at, we’ve got a dangerous cornerback room moving forward... like we’d be 5-6 good corners deep and could from there matchup with mostly any WR core in the NFL.

Bruh, don't do Corey Ivy like that haha - he was a mighty mite. Frank Walker though......

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

37 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Bruh, don't do Corey Ivy like that haha - he was a mighty mite. Frank Walker though......

Worst Yards per Pass
Jason David, NO: 14.5
Hole in Zone, 11.9

Yes, Jason David is worse than throwing at a hole in the zone. Fred Thomas gave up 9.3 yards per pass last year. Egads. I guess not every player is meant to play in every defensive scheme.

Michael Huff, OAK: 10.8
Stanley Wilson, DET: 10.7
Drayton Florence, SD: 10.6
Corey Ivy, BAL: 10.0

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2007/charting-defensive-backs-2007

This is the only evidence I can find of his terrible play. But no Corey Ivy was a walking bucket. He was almost as bad in coverage as the QB finding the hole in the zone. Unfortunately PFF wasn’t around for either CB’s reign to provide a rating to both corners. All I know is these are the two worst corners that consistently saw time on a Ravens defense. Luckily (hopefully?) Terrell Bonds has seen his last bit of time, else he’d likely leap frog them both. But as it stands Anthony Averett brings up the rears with a 3rd place finish. Though I’d still much rather have Averett over the other two, not even close.

I'm assuming the Ravens probably had the chance to sign Holden to their active roster before he went ahead and joined the Colts. Right tackle is definitely looking like the weakest link on the offensive line right now, but I'm not upset at losing Holden. At this point I would stick with Phillips and grind out the rookie bumps. We knew they were going to be rough this year with the limited offseason. At least we know Fluker isn't going to get any better.

9 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm assuming the Ravens probably had the chance to sign Holden to their active roster before he went ahead and joined the Colts. Right tackle is definitely looking like the weakest link on the offensive line right now, but I'm not upset at losing Holden. At this point I would stick with Phillips and grind out the rookie bumps. We knew they were going to be rough this year with the limited offseason. At least we know Fluker isn't going to get any better.

Yeah at this point I'd like to see a Powers-Phillips RG-RT combo for the rest of the year and give them next year as the starters. Young, room to grow together and let's see what develops over there between the two...they have the potential to be a pretty powerful right side.