2020 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

here we go again...

Guess the team decided to not clean the facility. MPJuiceman better start wearing a mask... this is crazy.

At least we have Dez Bryant activated... and we’re playing the Jags. This could give us an opportunity to get Dez more manufactured touches and see what he has exactly or how we can best utilize him. Proche going down sucks, would’ve been nice to see what we have in him in Brown’s stead... he’s also fielded punts well enough.

Not liking the prospect of being without these guys for two games straight though. The Giants have a good defense last I checked and we’re already depleted at TE.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At least this gives us Duvernay | Snead | Dez, and that group can at least get open/make catches.

The other silver lining might be that time away from the game and on the couch could potentially provide some sort of perspective to Soulja so that he can look more like Hollywood Brown moving forward... though I can’t imagine time at home will help to improve his hands any.

35 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I have no problems with this. Dude dropped what should’ve been a TD against the Steelers to close out that half. He also dropped another pass IIRC.

Granted they’re probably just moving him down to the PS to make room for someone else, but still.

Found this a solid opportunity to vent my annoyance with him.

As a side note, just by watching the Ravens Wired episode from this week it is clear that especially Peters is less than satisfied with Elliot on a handful essential plays.

Rangy and instinctive FS might be a bigger draft need than first anticipated.

Edited by Rein
2 hours ago, Rein said:

As a side note, just by watching the Ravens Wired episode from this week it is clear that especially Peters is less than satisfied with Elliot on a handful essential plays.

Rangy and instinctive FS might be a bigger draft need than first anticipated.

Finally someone else has come around to my thinking about safety. Good insight regarding Peters though, hadn’t noticed that myself. There’s a clear drop off from Earl Thomas to what we have in Elliot. Just far too many mental mistakes in his play. We gave him a chance and he just doesn’t look like a starter- he’d be a great hybrid in the vein of how we used to utilize Anthony Levine, he might be a solid starting SS if Clark went down, but especially to deter a QB like Mahomes, we need that guy who can go single high at a high level.

With the way Ben Powers has impressed at RG as of late, while I would still look to bring in an elite IOL if available/BPA, I think our two biggest draft needs have clearly become a playmaking receiver with a giant catch radius- be it TEs like Kyle Pitts, Pat Friermuth, or Brevin Jordan... or wideouts like DeVonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Terrace Marshall, and Tyson Wallace; Perhaps double dip to get one of each.

Sucks that this safety class doesn’t appear to be on the same level as last season. Last year Grant Delpit was the consensus best safety and the only contenders to the crown were Xavier McKinney and forum favorite Antoine Winfield Jr.

This season I haven’t actually scouted but the top safety is all over the place. Some guys like Jevon Holland, some like Paris Ford, some like Trevon Moerig, his vastly undersized teammate Ardarius Washington, and some like Andre Cisco.

The fact that there’s no consensus tells me this class is either stacked 9 ways to Sunday OR there’s just no truly elite difference makers at the position. I plan to watch some safety tape this weekend though so as to form my own opinion and ranking. To this point I’ve only watched highlight tapes.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Is there a corresponding move with this? I would have to imagine it might be for another cornerback? Or do they have to elevate someone off of the practice squad because they can’t be sent back after being active?