Who do you blame?

buno67

I thought about making a poll but there would be too many options. 

You could go with Haslem, Sashi, or Hue, they are all the obvious choices.

To me, you have to blame the the past 15-20years of suck for putting the browns into this situation. Since ‘99 the rebuild has been crap. Every owner and past FO has been trying to do purely cosmetic fixes and moves on this team.  Thinking they could steal or luck into a winning season. Signing crap FAs, having crap luck, and having crap drafting. 

To me it’s hard to fully judge what is going on because Sashi and Co. are taking this team (house) right down to the studs, hell they are straight demo-ing this sumbitch straight to the foundation. 

They are doing something no one has been willing to do. Thankfully I believe they have gains Haslem’s Full trust to do this and hence why he said he wouldn’t do anything unil 2019. 

This is my thought and who I blame for this garbage. I blame Policy, Learner, Savage, Mangini, Lombanner, Farmar, and the other arse hats that have been part of this crap. 

Burn it down, now let’s rebuild it!

i like the house analogy cause I am currently having our house built. When you see the hole being dug and foundation being poored, it’s nothing special to me, it’s somethjng that has to be done. Now with walls going up and wood beams going it, it’s getting the excitement going. ‘16 was the hole, ‘17 is the foundation, ‘18 will be the walls, beams, and studs!

I am "blaming" the calendar.  

This rebuild under Sashi is akin to a house remodel, where you have torn things down to the studs.

TotalKitchenRemodel-Before-down-to-the-s

That project pictured above is NOT going to get repaired or rebuilt overnight.  It is going to take time.

It won't be rebuilt in a season, and there may be some missteps.  You may measure incorrectly.  You may come home from Menard's forgetting a key piece of the next step in completing the project.  

Bottom line, it takes time.  

I know that doesn't make us feel any better, but I can't come up with any other way to describe it.  

Doing-Kitchen-Remodel-Before-and-After.j

Of course, there is no guarantee that we've hired the right contractor, and the homeowner has a tendency to fire contractors and subcontractors at a moment's notice.  

There is no guarantee that it will ever come to fruition, but we have only three choices.  (1) Wait to see what happens over the next couple seasons.  (2) Quit paying any attention to the game of football in general, and the Browns in particular, or (3) continue to complain about what is going to happen while the season progresses.  

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

4 years we'll all be saying it was worth it

Unless we tear it down again...and 4 years from now we have another head coach and rearranged FO...and a defensive coach committed to the 3-4...

I'm confident in saying in 4years if we keep continuity including Hue, Gregg Will, Sashi, AB, DePo....we'll be good...

Question is if we win 2 games this year which may be likely will Haslem and the nonreality "I don't care about the talent, you gotta fire Hue" hoard of fans be able to resist the sweet seductive taste of reactionary firing and starting "anew"

You could say- hey we should have paid more to get certain people... and then you get reminded that Tony Jefferson took less money to not play here
You could say- hey, we should have kept Joe Haden... but then you remember how bad he does against AJ green
You could say- hey, we should have kept Terrelle Pryor, but then you remember kenny britt actually has 5 more yards than him (with 1 more game, if we're being fair)

i dunno what the answer is.  realistically, a lot of young people are gonna mess up.  realistically if you go 1-19 everyone hates everything adn everything sucks.  you gotta balance the short term and the long term and perhaps they had too much emphasis on the long term.  is it a firable offense? we'll see.  

following the browns sucks now.

At some point, the millionaire athletes on this team need to develop some pride and get better. There’s only so much a coach, GM, and even owner can do. I feel that times we give players too much of a pass after they make the same dumbass mistakes. When I guarantee a coach has told them a million times NOT to make the same repetitive mistake. 

14 minutes ago, mistakey said:

You could say- hey we should have paid more to get certain people... and then you get reminded that Tony Jefferson took less money to not play here
You could say- hey, we should have kept Joe Haden... but then you remember how bad he does against AJ green
You could say- hey, we should have kept Terrelle Pryor, but then you remember kenny britt actually has 5 more yards than him (with 1 more game, if we're being fair)

i dunno what the answer is.  realistically, a lot of young people are gonna mess up.  realistically if you go 1-19 everyone hates everything adn everything sucks.  you gotta balance the short term and the long term and perhaps they had too much emphasis on the long term.  is it a firable offense? we'll see.  

following the browns sucks now.

I'd argue it was worse when Farmer and Pettine were here.

At least I see the plan and generally agree with it, even if it's hard to wait it out.

Well you went into this season with very little talent at the skilled positions.  You signed Kenny Britt, who had Dwayne Bowe 2 written all over it.  You drafted a rookie QB in the second round, and give him some second year guys that weren't drafted real high, and hadn't shown a ton last year.  I dunno....I guess we took Njoku in the first round.  I think we have to see how these guys pan out, but I will be quick to blame Sashi if there isn't marked improvement, or something done to upgrade the WR position.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'd argue it was worse when Farmer and Pettine were here.

At least I see the plan and generally agree with it, even if it's hard to wait it out.

i cant disagree that it was worse then.  i hated them the most.  at least we're young and we suck now.  next year we'll have 2 firsts 3 first rounders and 120 million to spend.  we had nothing back in the day.

Archived