Who do you blame?

buno67

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

It would help if the coaching staff realized what they had to work with and utilized them better.

Lots of square peg/round hole issues right now, and that's all on the coaches.

I feel like they are just trying to figure out what players fit the schemes they want to truly use. I think that’s why you see the square peg in the round hole. They want to figure out who can play for them and who can’t. Try to develop and find a core of players that fit their ideas and schemes. If it was purely about winning I think they would be conformmimg to the players, I think they want to see who can conform to the system and fit it. Then start building from there. 

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I feel like they are just trying to figure out what players fit the schemes they want to truly use. I think that’s why you see the square peg in the round hole. They want to figure out who can play for them and who can’t. Try to develop and find a core of players that fit their ideas and schemes. If it was purely about winning I think they would be conformmimg to the players, I think they want to see who can conform to the system and fit it. Then start building from there. 

Although I get what you're saying this is a young group and most have been brought in by the current front office and if they don't fit well into Hue's offense then there is a communication issue.

I also don't like that perspective anyway. You have to adjust your gameplan game by game with what gives you the best chance to win. It isn't like Hue's ideal offense would be throwing deep every single play. Even with ideal personnel there will still be runs and short/intermediate passes in his playbook. If you can perform better now by going run heavy or a short passing game, do it. He knows his players and should know how they fit into his ideal scheme by now. Lets go compete and try to win with what gives us our best chance to win. I don't care if we go 8 men on the line and try to run it down the defense's throat every game, if we put in Hogan or Kessler or if we run 3 tight end sets and just ignore the wide receiver position. Just adjust to win with the roster you have now because if you don't then you will lose support eventually and I don't think any of us want to go through a coaching change.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

hey, we should have kept Joe Haden... but then you remember how bad he does against AJ green

I think you mean Antonio Brown. Haden historically did very well against Green (I think he had 1 bad game against him in his career). Doesn't mean he could cover Green now, they haven't faced each other since the 2014 season because one or the other has been injured but that was the type of receiver that Haden earned his money against. Back when he earned his money.

41 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think you mean Antonio Brown. Haden historically did very well against Green (I think he had 1 bad game against him in his career). Doesn't mean he could cover Green now, they haven't faced each other since the 2014 season because one or the other has been injured but that was the type of receiver that Haden earned his money against. Back when he earned his money.

Green acknowledged this in an article he wrote for Player's Digest (or whatever) called "The five toughest corners I've faced" (or something like that). 

1. Injuries- Our defense in the preseason looked elite. I said it. Elite. I like Nassib, and I really want to see how he looks getting pushed inside and going against slower guards while Garrett and Ogbah are drawing exterior line attention. Our pass rush hasn't been good enough the last 4 weeks, and that's the issue with a Gregg Williams defense when you can't get to the QB. Jamie Collins is a guy who can do everything. 

2. WR roster- I was one of the people who liked the Kenny Britt pick up. What the hell was I smoking? I don't blame the organization for Coleman getting injured. Dude had no hand issues until last year, and the damn thing breaks twice. It's so Cleveland, bad breaks. The loyalty, however, to the other current regime pick ups I cannot defend. How Jordan Leslie, who showed so much competitiveness and clutch play during preseason was cut over guys like Higgins and Louis is beyond me. Why we traded for Coates, another guy who has questionable hands is beyond me. We need guys who can be reliable pass catchers. With Louis, Britt and Coates on the roster, that's a lot of bad hands in the lineup. My hope is that we draft a WR early next year, top 2 rounds, and that we also sign a guy with experience who has proven himself to be a good player. Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, hell Pryor will be a free agent, lets take him back. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Absolutely, Haden was a beast against most WRs in his prime.  His kryptonite was smaller shifty and fast guys like Brown.

33 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I blame Art Modell

Another word for the curse.

To think what could have been, The hookie was building something special back thing, to think had he stayed, he could have been with the Browns this entire time, all of those Lombardis could have been in Cleveland.

You realize they are kinda doing the build the same way you used the house analogy. 

Spent a crap ton in the offensive line this offseason...the foundation. 

Have who they believe is a franchise qb...also the foundation?

Some serviceable young talent (taylor, shelton, collins, garrett hopefully)...part of the walls. 

Just need the studs as you put it. 

And like your house, the first part takes a year, secoyns part takes a year, and by the next year you start seeing the progress of patience. 

The fact that we believed this team with this roster could win 5-6 games is laughable. This is a 1-15 team who barely escaped 0-16 who is now starting a 21 year old at qb. Granted I did not think we'd be this bad either but we can't expect a few offensive linemen and jabrill peppers to take us from 1-15 to 5-11 or 6-10. We need another solid draft and need to provide kizer with some actual talent. 

25 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

You realize they are kinda doing the build the same way you used the house analogy. 

Spent a crap ton in the offensive line this offseason...the foundation. 

Have who they believe is a franchise qb...also the foundation?

Some serviceable young talent (taylor, shelton, collins, garrett hopefully)...part of the walls. 

Just need the studs as you put it. 

And like your house, the first part takes a year, secoyns part takes a year, and by the next year you start seeing the progress of patience. 

The fact that we believed this team with this roster could win 5-6 games is laughable. This is a 1-15 team who barely escaped 0-16 who is now starting a 21 year old at qb. Granted I did not think we'd be this bad either but we can't expect a few offensive linemen and jabrill peppers to take us from 1-15 to 5-11 or 6-10. We need another solid draft and need to provide kizer with some actual talent. 

Agreed, good post.

We went 1-15 and got YOUNGER somehow.

Archived