Jump to content
RamRod

Week 1 - Rams vs. Cowboys - SNF

Recommended Posts

Defense need to make some stops. Love what the offense is doing and I’m shaky on the kicking game after Sloman missed that first FG that was a chip shot. Hopefully he got that miss out of his system. But yeah the offense looks great minus a few drops by Everett and Brown that would’ve been big gains. If the defense can make some key stops the Rams will be good in the 2nd half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play calling is too conservative. RedZone offense looks flat out BAD.

On defense, we are seeing the effects of having no LB's and 5-6 DB's on field at a time.

Staley needs to generate some blitzes. Sad first half after and awesome first 6 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

On defense, we are seeing the effects of having no LB's and 5-6 DB's on field at a time

To be fair, Zeke is the best all around back in the league, and Pollard could be the starter for half the league as well. We aren’t likely to run into this very often

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Can I say it . . . . . Ramsey isn’t going enough

There he is. Finally

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win for the Rams. Held the Cowboys to 3pts in the 2nd half and we saw the running team that we had in 2018 that was top 3 in the NFL. The OL doesn’t look like people have said they would be poor because they didn’t improve it in the offseason. They needed to get healthy and improve in terms of experience and development which they took their lumps last season but got better down the stretch and tonight they owned the Cowboys upfront. So I’m feeling extremely great about my (10-6) prediction maybe even (11-5). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummed our offense looked wack.. 

Loved the defense minus the 2 min drill to end the first half. Love it. Guys are flying in that turf. Crazy to see how JJ3 wasn’t brought up once or Rapp.. Corners allowed yards but didn’t surrender much YAC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Bummed our offense looked wack.. 

Loved the defense minus the 2 min drill to end the first half. Love it. Guys are flying in that turf. Crazy to see how JJ3 wasn’t brought up once or Rapp.. Corners allowed yards but didn’t surrender much YAC. 

Would have liked to see the offense finish better, but the Cowboys have a great pass rush. McVay played it safe to keep Goff from getting killed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Would have liked to see the offense finish better, but the Cowboys have a great pass rush. McVay played it safe to keep Goff from getting killed.

Goff looked in chains. I rather see the Goff from last year. This one looked timid while sharp. Idk I’m just so anxious to see him take that next level. Woods was cooking.. 

 

Love the element of the short passing games. Tom Brady/Brees take whatever and they dissect you.. I guess I’m so use to Goff going balls deep lol. But hey it’s only week 1! And I’ll take a dub. So far I love what McVay did with the coaching staff. Hope our D coordinator does great but won’t get poached lol. Love our young Safeties. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

To be fair, Zeke is the best all around back in the league, and Pollard could be the starter for half the league as well. We aren’t likely to run into this very often

Also, the Cowboys have one of the Top 3 OL's in the league, and I'd posit the Steelers and Bills as the only teams they wouldn't be able to run at-will against.

Petros Papadakis (much as I loathe the guy personally) hit the nail right on the head in the post-game show on NBC, Staley is still finetuning the scheme, but the big thing he's brought over from working under Fangio is the same thing that gave McVay fits as an OC - an inability for opposing QB's and OC's to get useful pre-snap reads because the look that's shown in initial alignment is rarely the look that's actually going to come from the play.  It's how Belichick son'd us in the Super Bowl.  We'll no doubt run into some trouble - and see how well we can make adjustments around that trouble - when we come up against more cerebral QB's or the ones like Mahomes that are outrageously athletically gifted and can just go backyard at any given time.  But this kind of scheme is the stuff of Carappolo's nightmares.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Goff looked in chains. I rather see the Goff from last year. This one looked timid while sharp. Idk I’m just so anxious to see him take that next level. Woods was cooking.. 

 

Love the element of the short passing games. Tom Brady/Brees take whatever and they dissect you.. I guess I’m so use to Goff going balls deep lol. But hey it’s only week 1! And I’ll take a dub. So far I love what McVay did with the coaching staff. Hope our D coordinator does great but won’t get poached lol. Love our young Safeties. 

Defensive coaches without Belichick-tree-pedigrees just plain aren't getting hired at any decent clip these days.  But there are also easily 2-3 current DC's who would be in line ahead of Staley after this season, no matter how well Staley did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...