Week 1 - Rams vs. Cowboys - SNF

RamRod

1 hour ago, LARams91 said:

Eagles are weakened with injuries. We could steal some games early that people had us losing.

Does anyone know if what Al Michaels said was true? That you can’t stay on back to back road games this year??? If not, that Bills game is going to be rough.

28 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Does anyone know if what Al Michaels said was true? That you can’t stay on back to back road games this year??? If not, that Bills game is going to be rough.

I think it is, but is it really going to be that rough? Its week 2 & 3, its two extra private plane flights, plus they get to sleep at home inbetween for a few days. 

Im aware that travel takes some toll on teams, but if its goin to hurt us that bad in weeks 2-3 then we have a bigger issue

Theres alot to break down from this game, but the one thing that can be said is this was a messy game. Not as in a ton of penalties, but it was just alot of the Lines pushing each other around, and not being won with the Skill guys. And it was nice to see us win a game like that, where we took a very close battle of the trenches

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think it is, but is it really going to be that rough? Its week 2 & 3, its two extra private plane flights, plus they get to sleep at home inbetween for a few days. 

Im aware that travel takes some toll on teams, but if its goin to hurt us that bad in weeks 2-3 then we have a bigger issue

Maybe I'm overvaluing it, but as an avid gambler, I know it definitely effects teams more often than not. But again, it's a trend, not the rule.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Theres alot to break down from this game, but the one thing that can be said is this was a messy game. Not as in a ton of penalties, but it was just alot of the Lines pushing each other around, and not being won with the Skill guys. And it was nice to see us win a game like that, where we took a very close battle of the trenches

To the average fan, this was a boring game. No huge plays, no crazy TO's, just sound football. But for week 1 in a weird *** year, I loved it. Just need to finish in the RZ.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

Also, though I'm confident that most in the general forums who were so loudly critical will never admit it even if they could rub the two brain cells together to see it, the rumors of our "crappy OL" were greatly exaggerated and maybe, just maybe, actually were a case (outside of Havenstein's regression last year) of a rash of injuries and an inability to get anything resembling continuity.  It's not the 2018 OL, but this is a vast improvement over what we say Weeks 1-12 last year.

I think you are talking to me... How can you say this OL has improved over last year ? 

It's like the idea that the OL wasn't so bad last year as Goff was the least sack QB in the league. It's silly. 

What we saw yesterday was an abdication of Mcvay to this Oline. 

He knew that this OL wouldn't be able to handle the pass rush and that's why he called all these short pass, screen and quick play. 

The result of this ? 

Jared Goff was dinking and dunking for the majority of the contest, generating an average depth of target of just 4.9 yards, the second-lowest mark of the week behind Jaguars' Gardner Minshew. Over 70% of his passing yards were gained after the catch, highlighting the Rams' game plan against Dallas' vaunted defensive line.

The quick passing game resulted in the Rams allowing a pressure rate of just 8.8% while the Cowboys gave up a horrendous 33.3%. 

So no,  the OL didn't improve vastly over last year. 

Maybe in the running game the OL was slightly better but Brown was a hard runner as always. Akers and Henderson are a disaster, nothing special in them. What a waste of pick and i already said that many times. If Brown is hurt, good luck to the running game. 

10 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Akers and Henderson are a disaster, nothing special in them. What a waste of pick and i already said that many times. If Brown is hurt, good luck to the running game. 

Man, how are you not a Pro Scout by now with your ability to make such quick assessments on players entire careers?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

I think you are talking to me... How can you say this OL has improved over last year ? 

It's like the idea that the OL wasn't so bad last year as Goff was the least sack QB in the league. It's silly. 

What we saw yesterday was an abdication of Mcvay to this Oline. 

He knew that this OL wouldn't be able to handle the pass rush and that's why he called all these short pass, screen and quick play. 

The result of this ? 

So no,  the OL didn't improve vastly over last year. 

Maybe in the running game the OL was slightly better but Brown was a hard runner as always. Akers and Henderson are a disaster, nothing special in them. What a waste of pick and i already said that many times. If Brown is hurt, good luck to the running game. 

It's almost like the dink and dunk was a game plan against a very good, top 5 front 7, not reflective of the OL... and one game is not super indicative of an entire season (or Akers/Henderson careers)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Honest to god flounch is a Niners/Seahawk or worse a Eagles fan. Dudes always whining even after a win. My lawd. I’ll admit Akers didn’t look explosive. But dude first game ever by the kid. You probably would have cut Arian Foster after his first 10 carries in the nfl. 

Akers didn’t look good at all, but the play calling from the HC/OC didn’t do any justice, I mean running plays up the middle for not one but two RBs who specialized in outside runs for the entire game?? I thought Jeff Fisher was secretly  calling those plays last night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Akers didn’t look good at all

I don’t know how anyone can say this. It’s not like anyone is calling him Saquon-like after his first game or something ridiculous like that. 

There was nowhere to run up the middle most of the time, and his spin move outside was nasty looking

Theres a whole lot more to see before making a judgement on a guy 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don’t know how anyone can say this. It’s not like anyone is calling him Saquon-like after his first game or something ridiculous like that. 

There was nowhere to run up the middle most of the time, and his spin move outside was nasty looking

Theres a whole lot more to see before making a judgement on a guy 

I agree with you. But it’s week 1, brother—wouldn’t be the same without some good ol fashion over reactions.

It’s one game—I get it. I won’t define Akers for it. But from what I observed, he ran with little-to-no explosion or power. Just felt like he was stopped on a dime at any little bit of contact and just had no leg drive to push forward. His best run of the night where he spun out of a would-be tackle behind the LOS was followed up by him being stopped cold by a DB. Listen, I have high hopes for him (have him in both fantasy leagues of mine) but his week 1 performance was not all that inspiring. That coupled with the lack of buzz around him throughout camp could certainly raise cause for concern. But for now I won’t panic.