2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Looks like it will be a battle of NY for the #1 pick. And neither team technically thinks QB is the issue as of right now. So it could be interesting.

I think the Giants will definitely give Danny Dimes another shot.  They need OL more that we do.  I see them going Sewell.

Here's a thought, as crazy as it may sound, keep Darnold AND draft Lawrence.  I do not think we could anything more than a third for Sam, ATM.  let them battle it out in training camp.  With a new HC and offensive scheme, plus a better iOL and WR, it would be an interesting battle.  I would assume Sam would win just based on experience.  Let him play a few preseason games and start the season.  Let Trevor sit and learn.  When the time is right, trade Sam.  In season trades are rare so maybe after the season.  Crazy, I know, but I would like to build up Sam's resume and get a higher draft pick.  Think Rivers/Brees.

Just a thought.

Without knowing FA movement, we can't think much of Giants plan.  Trade down is a possibility but they have to think about Cowboys and Redskins' qb situation next year as well as Eagles' joker in Wentz. T Law and Fields can terrorize Giants if either ends up with a NFL team.

As for Darnold and Jets, I still opt for denying 5th year option on him.  In contact year, he may become hungry for proving that he can play in NFL level.  If he succeeded, franchising, paying or Franchising and trading him can be done.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We’ve had the toughest schedule in the NFL so far. Our SOS is 4 percentage points higher than the next closest(Houston), easiest? Kansas City and Seattle.

And? That doesn’t change that every team we play the rest of the way is better than us.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Without knowing FA movement, we can't think much of Giants plan.  Trade down is a possibility but they have to think about Cowboys and Redskins' qb situation next year as well as Eagles' joker in Wentz. T Law and Fields can terrorize Giants if either ends up with a NFL team.

As for Darnold and Jets, I still opt for denying 5th year option on him.  In contact year, he may become hungry for proving that he can play in NFL level.  If he succeeded, franchising, paying or Franchising and trading him can be done.

The Cowboys are not letting Dak go anywhere.  He is having a helluva season.  The Washington Football team may or may not believe in Haskins.  The Eagles are stuck with Wentz because of his contract.  All in all, I do not think the Giants are too concerned with NFC East opponent QB situations.  They need OL help to protect Danny Dimes and get that ground game going again.  Joe Judge seems like an old school HC and he is going to want a dominant OL.  They will not pass on Penei Sewell, most likely, or risk moving down in the draft and losing Sewell.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No excuses for Sam. Weapons be damned. Don’t force throws if no one is open. Take your check down. Steve Young says it all the time, can’t go broke taking a profit. It’s no ones fault but his he’s making boneheaded decisions on the field.

He's missing open WRs quite consistently.  Gase has been awful but Sam has been bad as well.  The argument against his weapons and OL excuses is off the table when the tape shows him missing open guys.

Man living in buffalo I watch pretty much every jets and bills game. It kills me that buffalo was able to get a team around Allen and we couldn’t do ****. Allen gets a clean pocket and diggs is wide every 3rd down while same is running for his life. It’s sad cuz I think Sam could’ve been the better qb but it’s not gonna happen here the kids confidence is shattered and he’s clearly lost all hope in this team. Hopefully we go 0-16 and grab Lawrence and get whatever we can for Sam at this point.

Well Sam will sit this week and Flacco will start. I could see this coming when they moved QB White from the practice squad. I still think Darnold can be good he just needs the right HC to help him move forward. I think a the OC for the Bills would be a great HC. He can come in and help with Sam. If we have the number 1 pick you take T Law and if your pick 2 or lower trade down. I do like Josh Fields but I don't know if he is an upgrade over Sam. In the end JD will have some hard decisions to make. 

As long as Bill Belichick is coach of New England we will never beat him. Just to think we had Belichick for one day as coach of the Jets. It  was new owners of the Jets the trust fund kids Woody & Chris who trade Belichick. to the New England Pats for a first round pick who ended up being Shawn Ellis, big ******* deal. It is people like the Johnson bros why there should be 100% inheritance  tax. It is bad enough that I have the Wilpon's, as owner of my beloved Mets, Now I have the two total losers, Woody & Chris as owners of my Jets. After watching Belichick coach last night with three starting O lineman out, and playing with lousy  back up QB's and keep new England in the game till the ball bounced off Edelman's hand for a pick six. If you think I am in a bad mood now wait i get back from the dentist in  a few hours.

Edited by doumeyer

55 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

As long as Bill Belichick is coach of New England we will never beat him. Just to think we had Belichick for one day as coach of the Jets. It  was new owners of the Jets the trust fund kids Woody & Chris who trade Belichick. to the New England Pats for a first round pick who ended up being Shawn Ellis, big ******* deal. It is people like the Johnson bros why there should be 100% inheritance  tax. It is bad enough that I have the Wilpon's, as owner of my beloved Mets, Now I have the two total losers, Woody & Chris as owners of my Jets. After watching Belichick coach last night with three starting O lineman out, and playing with lousy  back up QB's and keep new England in the game till the ball bounced off Edelman's hand for a pick six. If you think I am in a bad mood now wait i get back from the dentist in  a few hours.

You know better than that. It was BB that wanted out of Jets.  Parcells tried to convince him to stay with Jets.  BB lasted one day as HC of Jets as BB determined that he wanted to coach Patriots.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Reason BB wanted out was because he didn’t feel comfortable with either ownership group after Leon Hess passed.

39 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Reason BB wanted out was because he didn’t feel comfortable with either ownership group after Leon Hess passed.

right, he actually gave a press conference stating he resigned as our coach due to “various uncertainties” with the new ownership. I think He just wanted back in NE with Kraft. 

1 minute ago, Rich51 said:

right, he actually gave a press conference stating he resigned as our coach due to “various uncertainties” with the new ownership. I think He just wanted back in NE with Kraft. 

Well it was the johnsons vs James Dolan as far as the prospect owners at the time...unfortunately he was right

Just now, Rich51 said:

He knew something twenty years, that the press in NEW YORK,didn't   that the Johnson's are  BAFFOONS