2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

agreed but were the jets...well continue to just feed papa frank.

I agree and ask for what purpose....IMO, 2nd biggest mistake, after Robby/Perriman, that JD made. We had a young pro bowl type veteran, drafted a versatile back, had a 23 year old former college star in Adams, no need to sign Gore. When Bell went down we could have just resigned Powell, as insurance, for a few games. This team, *which might turn out to be the worst in team history, needs an infusion of youth.

*the 76 team had a point differential of -15, Kotite’s two years were -10 and -11, this year we’re at-17.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, Abe56 said:

Most players do seem to flourish when getting out from under Gase

Parker, Gesicki, Tannehill, Drake, Robby etc

To be fair. Because I'm fair. 

Gase only had Gesicki during his rookie season and even last Gesicki wasn't amazing. This year he's taking a huge jump. 

Parker was often injured, last season he broke out and this season he's back to doing nothing of note statistically. 

Robby is playing "better" but I would say he's more consistent but his YPC is slightly down, he only has 1 TD but the difference with Robby this year is his catch percentage is almost 50% higher than his career average. He's catching 76.6% of his passes while with the Jets he was 53.8, 55.3, 53.2 and 54.2(Gase). Robby is simply catching the ball more especially in contested situations and I think that's more of a testament to him putting in work in the off-season. 

Drake's numbers are down this season and actually went down in Miami under Flores after Gase left(4.5ypc to 3.7ypc in Miami then up to 5.2 in AZ now he's at 3.7 ypc.)

Tannehill we've already gone over his one full healthy season under Gase they went to the playoffs then he got hurt twice. 

As for Gase he has an issue where he isn't broad enough in his approach towards offense. His rooted in his ways and the thing I think that would help him most is either A. Getting with a coach who thinks completely different than him offensively and adapting those principles into what he already knows broadening his approach or B. Hiring someone with fresh ideas in implementing a dominate rushing attack to better compliment the passing game he desires. 

To be clear this isn't a defense of Gase, don't need you guys jumping on my back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

To be fair. Because I'm fair. 

Gase only had Gesicki during his rookie season and even last Gesicki wasn't amazing. This year he's taking a huge jump. 

Parker was often injured, last season he broke out and this season he's back to doing nothing of note statistically. 

Robby is playing "better" but I would say he's more consistent but his YPC is slightly down, he only has 1 TD but the difference with Robby this year is his catch percentage is almost 50% higher than his career average. He's catching 76.6% of his passes while with the Jets he was 53.8, 55.3, 53.2 and 54.2(Gase). Robby is simply catching the ball more especially in contested situations and I think that's more of a testament to him putting in work in the off-season. 

Drake's numbers are down this season and actually went down in Miami under Flores after Gase left(4.5ypc to 3.7ypc in Miami then up to 5.2 in AZ now he's at 3.7 ypc.)

Tannehill we've already gone over his one full healthy season under Gase they went to the playoffs then he got hurt twice. 

As for Gase he has an issue where he isn't broad enough in his approach towards offense. His rooted in his ways and the thing I think that would help him most is either A. Getting with a coach who thinks completely different than him offensively and adapting those principles into what he already knows broadening his approach or B. Hiring someone with fresh ideas in implementing a dominate rushing attack to better compliment the passing game he desires. 

To be clear this isn't a defense of Gase, don't need you guys jumping on my back.

How dare your defend Adam Gase! :)

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

And this is gase's biggest issue or at least appears to be.  He is an ego-maniac who just refuses to believe his system with this team and these players is the issue.  It is always someone or something else that is to blame.  A good coach utilizes the players he has while working with the GM to get the players he needs in order to implement his style.  It is just so obvious that gase will never admit he has a problem even to himself.  He will never welcome a contrarian viewpoint to his offense.

Well it is official. Jets are looking to trade Bell. They are looking to move him sooner rather than later. I think we will probably pick up a 5th round maybe a 4th round pick. The teams that will probably look to trade for him are Seattle, Phil, Giants, Rams, Arizona. I think the Rams or Arizona will make the move for him. 

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well it is official. Jets are looking to trade Bell. They are looking to move him sooner rather than later. I think we will probably pick up a 5th round maybe a 4th round pick. The teams that will probably look to trade for him are Seattle, Phil, Giants, Rams, Arizona. I think the Rams or Arizona will make the move for him. 

Cool... Just leave women here.

It all comes back to the fact that Chris Johnson is obsessed with making it work with Gase and not admitting to Woody that he f***ed up. 

Gase never wanted Bell from the get go and has refused to feature him in the offense because he doesn’t fit his “genius” system. Now Bell is on the block and will get traded for peanuts. 

I have a suspicion that last off season Douglas was instructed by ownership to make moves to appease Gase. Gase never liked Robby, couldn’t see him as more than a one truck pony, and thought Perriman was just as good. FAIL. Now we see what kind of player Robby is capable of being.

It also explains why we signed Gore, the worlds biggest Gase fan right behind Peyton Manning. Taking carries away from Bell and Perine. FAIL 

And Gase also never meshed with Jamal’s big personality. I have a hard time believing that a football guy like Douglas with a good reputation wanted to trade Adam’s. But again, I think ownership was desperate to make it work with Gase and gave in. FAIL  

Now Douglas isn’t blameless for  the state of this team, but just the backward nature the Jets used to hire a coach before the GM is blowing up in their face. JD knew this coming in and that why he insisted on a six year deal. Fingers crossed Gase is fired and JD can hand pick our next coach. He can have the final say on finding talent and the damn coach can focus on maximizing that talent. 

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it's far more likely that his catch % is a reflection of how he's being used: Avg depth per target this year is 9.5 yards, or about 6 yards less than it was last season. He's been given the opportunity to show he's more than a 'one trick pony' & so far he's proving Gase, Douglas and (to be fair) most of this board wrong.

Edited by NJC33

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Why we signed Gore is still baffling to me. Just give the starting job to Perine already. Trade Bell for a late pick and cut Gore. Maybe Perine can show something.

According to Gase, Perine isn't playing because they don't want to stunt his growth... Incredible.

Gore, meanwhile, is arguably the least efficient running back currently eligible & getting 9 carries to Bells 13. Whatever the thought process is there, it's maddening.

29 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I just need to know that Joe Douglas is not accepting of all of this and I can breathe

There’s something to be said for someone who can admit some wrongs. It’d be nice to hear him come out and criticize some of what has left something to be desired with this roster. Which he has a part in not addressing. There’s a way to do that without talking bad about current players.

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I think it's far more likely that his catch % is a reflection of how he's being used: Avg depth per target this year is 9.5 yards, or about 6 yards less than it was last season. He's been given the opportunity to show he's more than a 'one trick pony' & so far he's proving Gase, Douglas and (to be fair) most of this board wrong.

Could also be true. Kid deserves credit either way.