2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

As a Colt’s fan, I’m very happy for you guys. I’m sorry you had to trade a draft pick for him

Well then please return the favour and trade anything for Adam Gase...after we’ve secured the #1 pick in the draft of course!!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I must be confused... was Gettleman considered a good GM?

Have you ever heard a GM, good or bad, state a player on his team needs to go?  And I am not talking about a player that commits a crime or does something egregious.   Have you ever heard a GM say player X needs to go just based off of his performance or lack thereof? 

JD's choice of words is not the issue, it is the people trying to read between the lines that is.  Truth is, we have no idea what JD thinks of Sam at this point in time.  We also have no idea what JD will do if we secure the number 1 pick.  Actions speak louder than words.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

So far I am not impressed at all with Joe Douglas personnel moves, we got next to nothing from the players he brought in, plus letting Rob Anderson go was a disaster. His drafting was very good.

Drafting > everything else

Who knows, if Anderson is here maybe Gase doesn't use him.  I'm fine with getting rid of guys and JD drafting well.  Easier said than done but so far I will trust him.  Lots of issues within this organization, JD has had a lot on his plate.  This upcoming offseason will be the big test.

36 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

So far I am not impressed at all with Joe Douglas personnel moves, we got next to nothing from the players he brought in, plus letting Rob Anderson go was a disaster. His drafting was very good.

His acquisition of draft picks has been very impressive too. If he's a good drafter, then he's in a great spot to turn this team around quick.

I have more faith in JD than I did any of the previous GM's or HC's we've hired since I've been watching. We just need to pair him with the right coach, and being in the driver's seat for the #1 overall pick which assures you Trevor Lawrence (best QB prospect of all time possibly) sets him up nicely to get the next young innovative HC brain.

Edited by jetjuice

33 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Darnold out on MNF. 2 and a half seasons and 11 missed games. There’s is 0% chance he’s here next year.

I never like to say this but he does need a new environment he is shot here. Looks like I have to put him on  my long list of SO CAL QB's  who couldn't cut the mustard in the NFL. I still want my two second round picks back we gave the Colts to get him

Edited by doumeyer

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Darnold out on MNF. 2 and a half seasons and 11 missed games. There’s is 0% chance he’s here next year.

We'll have to trade him to a team too far back to draft a starter. Wilson, Trask, Lance, Fields, and Law are looking good.  

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I must be confused... was Gettleman considered a good GM?

Doesn’t have anything to do with it - point being GMs say things that they don’t mean.

JD said he wanted to make Adams a “jet for life”. Look where he is now.

Also, not sold on JD yet.  While he’s made a couple good draft picks, his FA was rather underwhelming.  Another guy he traded for today was released. I’m not gonna call him bad but so far it’s not stellar.

Edited by Heymangold

I might gain an ounce of respect for Gase if he were to start White or Morgan over Flacco.  Flacco is not the answer now or the future obviously but see if White or Morgan have a future here, even if its just as a quality backup.

Team is 0-8, what do you have to lose?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Have you ever heard a GM, good or bad, state a player on his team needs to go?  And I am not talking about a player that commits a crime or does something egregious.   Have you ever heard a GM say player X needs to go just based off of his performance or lack thereof? 

JD's choice of words is not the issue, it is the people trying to read between the lines that is.  Truth is, we have no idea what JD thinks of Sam at this point in time.  We also have no idea what JD will do if we secure the number 1 pick.  Actions speak louder than words.

NY Media is a different animal.