2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

He's been really good outside of a few down moments but no one is perfect. Him and Becton are a top end duo going forward.

He for me has been solid. Certainly not someone I’d call an asset though. He started out the 1st 2-3 games very good. But then actually played bad for a few games. And he’s been back to about average for me the last few games.

6 hours ago, drew39k said:

So i knew we cut Desir, but I didn't realize Poole went on the IR too. The Chargers are going to have a field day throwing the ball around against us. Hall, Bless. Jackson and Maulet are going to be roasted.

Yup. That group going against Allen and Williams can get dirty. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup. That group going against Allen and Williams can get dirty. 

Don't forget Hunter Henry too. I just think it is funny that some guys are afraid on here that we will win this game. The Jets are going over to the west coast with no CB to a team that loves to throw the ball all over the field. Flacco had his one big moment and now he hits reality. If Bosa plays too. Look out Flacco you maybe on the IR after this game. We might see Morgan or White during this game. 

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Don't forget Hunter Henry too. I just think it is funny that some guys are afraid on here that we will win this game. The Jets are going over to the west coast with no CB to a team that loves to throw the ball all over the field. Flacco had his one big moment and now he hits reality. If Bosa plays too. Look out Flacco you maybe on the IR after this game. We might see Morgan or White during this game. 

I wish we did see either or both of them. I have to imagine Flacco was signed as a backup to Sam in the event we were playing competitively. We’re not so imo we need to see if one of them can at least be a reliable backup. 

29 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I wish we did see either or both of them. I have to imagine Flacco was signed as a backup to Sam in the event we were playing competitively. We’re not so imo we need to see if one of them can at least be a reliable backup. 

We’ve made the tank pretty obvious already. Starting White or Morgan would be too far.

Just a friendly reminder of our starting QBs since Chad Pennington left in 2007...

Brett Favre

Kellen Clemens

Mark Sanchez

Greg McElroy

Gino Smith

Michael Vick

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Bryce Petty

Josh McCown

Sam Darnold

Luke Falk

Trevor Siemian

Joe Flacco

Oh how I miss the Vinny T/Chad P years...

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:47 PM, drew39k said:

Just a friendly reminder of our starting QBs since Chad Pennington left in 2007...

Brett Favre

Kellen Clemens

Mark Sanchez

Greg McElroy

Gino Smith

Michael Vick

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Bryce Petty

Josh McCown

Sam Darnold

Luke Falk

Trevor Siemian

Joe Flacco

Oh how I miss the Vinny T/Chad P years...

I'm too lazy to list our pathetic WRs over the years.

23 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm too lazy to list our pathetic WRs over the years.

You know the crazy thing is... since Key. We’ve only drafted a couple good WRs ever. We drafted Coles and Moss but traded both them away. And our only other decent draft pick at WR was Cotchery (who we let walk as well).

This isn’t a coincidence that we’ve been awful since we have had Key and Chrebet at WR.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You know the crazy thing is... since Key. We’ve only drafted a couple good WRs ever. We drafted Coles and Moss but traded both them away. And our only other decent draft pick at WR was Cotchery (who we let walk as well).

This isn’t a coincidence that we’ve been awful since we have had Key and Chrebet at WR.

Kerley was solid just small but not fast. Enunwa was good just could never stay healthy. 

We look like we got one with Mims now. 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Kerley was solid just small but not fast. Enunwa was good just could never stay healthy. 

We look like we got one with Mims now. 

Look at their career stats. That’s how bad we’ve been at WR.

Calling Kerley who had 3k yards and 11 tds in 8 years is far from a legit successful drafted WR.

Enunwa had 1600yds and 5 tds in his 5 year career.

These are FAR from good draft picks. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Look at their career stats. That’s how bad we’ve been at WR.

Calling Kerley who had 3k yards and 11 tds in 8 years is far from a legit successful drafted WR.

Enunwa had 1600yds and 5 tds in his 5 year career.

These are FAR from good draft picks. 

Skillset wise they were talented players, also consider their draft positions. For 5th and 6th round picks they were hits.

48 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Skillset wise they were talented players, also consider their draft positions. For 5th and 6th round picks they were hits.

That’s my point though. Getting ok production out of a 6th round talent makes the pick not bad. But still doesn’t help a team a ton. We havent drafted a difference maker on offense in forever. And that’s a fact. Regardless of draft spot.