2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

54 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Total hypothetical but what do you think Sam would fetch on the open market if he had another up and down season and flashed in a few games like he's done to start his career.  The Jets landed Lawrence or Fields because they want to start fresh with a new QB and HC.

And no I'm not ready to trade Sam.  I'd much rather have the top pick and be able trade it for a kings ransom but I guess that is a pipe dream because if we land number 1 that means Sam is bad.

Back to the question.  Does he bring a late 1st back from a team like PIT, NO, INDY, TB etc who may be looking to bring in a young QB in hopes to continue to be a contender rather than go for an older vet or hit the draft?

I’d keep him and have a QB battle if that were the case. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d keep him and have a QB battle if that were the case. 

Not sure that is a great idea though.  You draft a guy 1 overall they play.  Sam would be in an impossible situation.  That would be a bad idea I think.  Just take the pick and move on.  Get another piece to help the new QB.

The point for me in where JD failed was at WR. We all knew Perriman (a guy with just a handful of good games in his career) and a rookie in Mims in the late 2nd weren't enough. Yes Rome wasn't built overnight... but when you have a young QB going into his 3rd year, there has to be some urgency on the offensive side of the ball to groom him into a franchise QB. Quite frankly I'd rather seen us just be bad on defense (bottom 10) even if it meant letting guys go or trading them. If it meant we could field an decent NFL offense to see what we have in Darnold.

Now what will happen is we will play this season and the picture on Darnold won't be any clearer and we will still having gaping holes at skill positions. Almost like a whole lost season for Darnold.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The point for me in where JD failed was at WR. We all knew Perriman (a guy with just a handful of good games in his career) and a rookie in Mims in the late 2nd weren't enough. Yes Rome wasn't built overnight... but when you have a young QB going into his 3rd year, there has to be some urgency on the offensive side of the ball to groom him into a franchise QB. Quite frankly I'd rather seen us just be bad on defense (bottom 10) even if it meant letting guys go or trading them. If it meant we could field an decent NFL offense to see what we have in Darnold.

Now what will happen is we will play this season and the picture on Darnold won't be any clearer and we will still having gaping holes at skill positions. Almost like a whole lost season for Darnold.

I see your point, JD did have a good draft it was only his first off season with the Jets. Why the Johnsons let Macc make that 2019 draft picks when they know that they were going to fire Macc a couple of weeks after the draft I will never understand. There is no question Macc"s  horrendous drafting set the Jets offensive back five years. I don't think any of us thought Bell was going to be the bust he is with the Jets. We are in this mess 100% because of Macc. I do agree with you this year is going to be same at 2019 & 2018 was like 2017.

Edited by doumeyer

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

To be honest even if we brought in WRs he'd still make them do it his way and not cater to their strengths.

Greeny is 100% right and I just can't seen why guys would back Gase.

I actually agree with you. I think the earlier we get rid of Gase the better. At least get 2+ years of Darnold without Gase.

Nothing is worse than a stubborn leader.