2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one wanted Kliff because of his coaching record remember.

Also and I cannot stress this enough. Macaggnan would still be our GM and you know what Gase was well worth that at the end of the day.

I did.  I was all in on him or Monken.  Record in college was such cop out.  Dude was obviously a bright offensive mind and I liked Monken's aggressiveness.  I was ok with Rhule too but had both KK and Monken over him.  Hell I think I had Bieniemy up there too over Gase.  Any one of them look like better hires now.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, Bobby816 said:

The point for me in where JD failed was at WR. We all knew Perriman (a guy with just a handful of good games in his career) and a rookie in Mims in the late 2nd weren't enough. Yes Rome wasn't built overnight... but when you have a young QB going into his 3rd year, there has to be some urgency on the offensive side of the ball to groom him into a franchise QB. Quite frankly I'd rather seen us just be bad on defense (bottom 10) even if it meant letting guys go or trading them. If it meant we could field an decent NFL offense to see what we have in Darnold.

Now what will happen is we will play this season and the picture on Darnold won't be any clearer and we will still having gaping holes at skill positions. Almost like a whole lost season for Darnold.

I typically don't agree with you on many things but if you told me we had a bottom 10 defense and a top 10 offense I'd make that trade.  

We should have taken another OG and WR with any of the 3rds or 4th.  There was talent on the board.  I like Davis and maybe the OLB becomes a rotational guy but our OGs are bad still.  We should have done more on offense.

Edited by Rockice_8

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I did.  I was all in on him or Monken.  Record in college was such cop out.  Dude was obviously a bright offensive mind and I liked Monken's aggressiveness.  I was ok with Rhule too but had both KK and Monken over him.  Hell I think I had Bieniemy up there too over Gase.  Any one of them look like better hires now.

We’ll see long term how everything goes. We’re only 17 games in. 

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I typically don't agree with you on many things but if you told me we had a bottom 10 defense and a top 10 offense I'd make that trade.  

We should have taken another OG and WR with any of the 3rds or 4th.  There was talent on the board.  I like Davis and maybe the OLB becomes a rotational guy but our OGs are bad still.  We should have done more on offense.

100%. This team needs to just resign Maye and spend assets on offense. Cap, draft picks, everything. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

WRs and RBs getting big deals left and right. Yet the Jets for over a decade don’t think those 2 positions are valuable to draft or pay.

And we wonder why we are awful.

Yea the last productive WR we drafted was Jerricho Cotchery in 2004  And the last productive RB we drafter was Johnny Hector i1983 he also caught a lot of passes, But the last GREAT RB we drafted was a all time great Jet Freeman McNeill in 1981 I didn't mean to leave out Leonard Washington but I  am not sure what year we drafting him. We did draft Rodger Vick in the first round in 1987 and he stunk

Up date on Leon Washington we drafted in 2006 he was another productive player more of a pass receiver out of the back field, I would have never guessed that we only draft him only 14 years ago to me i would have guessed 25 years ago.

Edited by doumeyer

Last year's free agency,  Robby probably lead the WR club with 10m non franchise tag salary.  Nothing JD could do with upgrading WR immediately for Darnold.

JD could draft 2 or 3 WRs in first 4 rounds but they could end up on IR as how Jets have gone with WR depth. 

Few guys in FF pointed that Darnold looked good without under pressure and looked terrible under pressure so Jets upgraded OL first as Darnold could carry the team without marquee or proven WR.  After one game,  never mind.

Chris said there is no playoff mandate.  You believe in JD's vision to rebuild the team. Blah Blah Blah!!!   No WR means Jets should quit NFL and join XFL.  Blah Blah Blah!!!!

Life of Jets' world is as unstable as Uganda.

Years of bad drafting end up catching up to teams eventually, like we all know we took far too many Defensive Tackles at the top of the draft.

Receivers- Enunwa, Hill, Evans, Saunders, Hansen, Stewart, Smith, McKnight(Sanchez BFF), Amaro, Peake, White, Kerley(stud)

Backs- Powell(stud), McKnight(RIP), Connor(Fullback), McGuire, Bohanon

OL- Ducasse, Dozier, Griffin, Harrison, Shell, Aboushi, Campbell

This is what we’ve invested in draft wise since 2009 not counting Mims, Becton, Perine, Clark and any UDFA.

Powell and Kerley were good for their draft positions, McKnight was a good returner. 

Eventually it catches up to you. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Years of bad drafting end up catching up to teams eventually, like we all know we took far too many Defensive Tackles at the top of the draft.

Receivers- Enunwa, Hill, Evans, Saunders, Hansen, Stewart, Smith, McKnight(Sanchez BFF), Amaro, Peake, White, Kerley(stud)

Backs- Powell(stud), McKnight(RIP), Connor(Fullback), McGuire, Bohanon

OL- Ducasse, Dozier, Griffin, Harrison, Shell, Aboushi, Campbell

This is what we’ve invested in draft wise since 2009 not counting Mims, Becton, Perine, Clark and any UDFA.

Powell and Kerley were good for their draft positions, McKnight was a good returner. 

Eventually it catches up to you. 

This laid out is even more disgusting

On 9/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, Bobby816 said:

100%. This team needs to just resign Maye and spend assets on offense. Cap, draft picks, everything. 

Maye looks like he has a motor issue. Guy gets caught doggin it a lot on tape. He was so ****ing bad today and a lot of it looked like a complete lack of effort. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Last year that was mainly due to our OL and HC. This year it’s more HC. Gase could make CMC look below average

Yeah I agree even though I think Bell is just a misfit for this team and really doesnt help us whatsoever in the run game. The sooner we have a real HC here whose building a program the better well be.