2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we go out a lose to Den in a few weeks who is banged up and missing their QB Gase should be fired immediately along with his puppet of an OC.  Let anyone else be interim for the season and can everyone at the end of the year except Boyer, even GW.

So if GW gets beat up by Driskel we should fire the head coach? Hmm. Because last time I checked a QB going out doesn't make it easier for our offense lol.

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Why do people keep saying Lawrence is going to get tossed into this mess lol. It makes literally no sense. Gase will be gone. Positions will be upgraded in FA and we have a lot of premium draft picks. It wont be this situation. 

How do you know positions will be upgraded via free agency? This team is a mess, Gase, Bowles, Rex. It's been a mess.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

27 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fire Gase sure by all means but overreacting and forcing a trade isn't a good idea.  I would hate to overpay for a player when this team could possibly be heading towards a rebuild yet again.  Picks are valuable for those teams and we have bunch for a quick turn if we draft well.

Teams mid season aren't just looking to dump good young talent on the cheap.  A trade is highly unlikely to work in our favor.

I never said overpay for someone. I said something has to be done. We can't keep doing this and expect different results. Changes have to be made to get different resluts.

22 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Seeing the way Gore was going straight downhill, it makes me wonder if Bell just did the same would he be more effective considering he's better than Gore.

But Gore wasn't that effective either. Bell's running style is a patience approach. We knew that. He did it for years in Pitt. So that's on the HC and OC to get the best out of him. If you try and make a player what they're not, you don't get results. And to be so stubborn to not adjust is a reason to get fired IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But Gore wasn't that effective either. Bell's running style is a patience approach. We knew that. He did it for years in Pitt. So that's on the HC and OC to get the best out of him. If you try and make a player what they're not, you don't get results. And to be so stubborn to not adjust is a reason to get fired IMO. 

Uh-oh being emotional again. Anyway, no it isn't. The OL clearly cannot hold blocks long enough for Bell's style. Gore was effective in the run game if you aren't looking just at YPC. He rarely was tackled for no gain. And found the holes. Connor Hughes tweeted about it saying he's looked better than Bell all camp. Adams in his limited carries hit holes faster, hell Perine and Ballage did the same. Bell has to just see hole, hit hole. It's going begin to open things up for him and the offense as a whole.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Uh-oh being emotional again. Anyway, no it isn't. The OL clearly cannot hold blocks long enough for Bell's style. Gore was effective in the run game if you aren't looking just at YPC. He rarely was tackled for no gain. And found the holes. Connor Hughes tweeted about it saying he's looked better than Bell all camp. Adams in his limited carries hit holes faster, hell Perine and Ballage did the same. Bell has to just see hole, hit hole. It's going begin to open things up for him and the offense as a whole.

Gore looked better. That doesn't mean we ran the ball effectively still. 21 carries for 63 yards is far from effective IMO.

You are pretty much saying though Bell has to change his style. Which I can see a point there. But who is proven Bell or Gase? If you ask me it's Bell. So Bell shouldn't be the one catering to a bad HC. If anything it should be the other way. If you want to argue the point that Bell has no reason being here bc of his style. I could listen to that. But to ask a guy that was one of the best players in the NFL to change idiotic.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gore looked better. That doesn't mean we ran the ball effectively still. 21 carries for 63 yards is far from effective IMO.

You are pretty much saying though Bell has to change his style. Which I can see a point there. But who is proven Bell or Gase? If you ask me it's Bell. So Bell shouldn't be the one catering to a bad HC. If anything it should be the other way. If you want to argue the point that Bell has no reason being here bc of his style. I could listen to that. But to ask a guy that was one of the best players in the NFL to change idiotic.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

That’s my point Gore looked better because he did what the play is designed to do. Bell shouldn’t be incapable of that. Just hit the hole and get the yards, he’ll break more tackles and make more guys miss than Gore will.

Why are you making everything a Gase thing with me? I’m discussing the difference in our running backs and how it will help our offense move the ball. This isn’t about Gase nor a defense of him. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s my point Gore looked better because he did what the play is designed to do. Bell shouldn’t be incapable of that. Just hit the hole and get the yards, he’ll break more tackles and make more guys miss than Gore will.

Why are you making everything a Gase thing with me? I’m discussing the difference in our running backs and how it will help our offense move the ball. This isn’t about Gase nor a defense of him. 

Bc it's on the HC to get the most and best out of his players. Bell's running style isn't what Gase runs. So your point is that Bell needs to change his game to do what Gase wants. But that in fact isn't his running style. As I stated Gase refuses to adjust to the talent on his team. He has a style (that doesn't work) and he refuses to adjust from that. And that's why I want him gone.

In any business... if a boss can't best utilize their talent (employees) things generally won't be successful. Nevermind refusing to adjust what isn't working. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I never said overpay for someone. I said something has to be done. We can't keep doing this and expect different results. Changes have to be made to get different resluts.

I know you didn't say it I was just pointing out the reality of the situation.  We aren't getting a deal at this point of the season.  We have to ride this out because if we try to make a deal it's going to be expensive and that's not the smart thing to do.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So if GW gets beat up by Driskel we should fire the head coach? Hmm. Because last time I checked a QB going out doesn't make it easier for our offense lol.

If Driskel outs up more points then our offense yes he should be fired.  At this point GW can go too if that happens.  Their defense is banged up too but that doesn't seems to make a difference given what we just saw yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I know you didn't say it I was just pointing out the reality of the situation.  We aren't getting a deal at this point of the season.  We have to ride this out because if we try to make a deal it's going to be expensive and that's not the smart thing to do.

Gotta at least call and see what is out there trade wise. We can’t let this season go by and still have questions about Darnold going into year 4 with more than likely a new coach and a top draft pick. We have to make a move at WR in some sort of way. Have to. That’s not me saying give up high draft assets for a guy. It’s that we need to make a move. Whether it be a 3rd-5th rounder or something. 

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotta at least call and see what is out there trade wise. We can’t let this season go by and still have questions about Darnold going into year 4 with more than likely a new coach and a top draft pick. We have to make a move at WR in some sort of way. Have to. That’s not me saying give up high draft assets for a guy. It’s that we need to make a move. Whether it be a 3rd-5th rounder or something. 

Even calling about trades would be an extremely poor move.

1. Except for the Jets, all teams have a shot at the playoffs at the moment.  Why would they trade an asset?  Maybe in a few weeks if the team feels they are out of it AND they may run into cap issues next year.
  2. We would negotiating from an extremely weak position.  Teams will know JD is desperate and will take advantage of that.  Only weak GM's make panic moves like signing an ILB for $18M.
  3. Assuming JD were to swing a trade, what WR is going to move the needle for us this year?  I would rather wait until the season is over and sign a FA saving our draft picks.
  4. Darnold may already be shot ala David Carr.  Trading assets to get a WR that could help Sam may be too late.  He just looks lost and panicky out there.  Maybe that is Gases play calling, but the check down crap is a sign Sam is scared.  He has not improved on his footwork nor does he learn from past mistakes regarding extremely poor decision making at times.  I think he is still seeing ghosts.  He may be shot already and no WR at the moment is going to help.

I really think we all need to accept the fact that we very well could be seeing a new HC and new QB for next season.  Start fresh and allow JD to use his 6 years to build this roster.  Constantly sticking your finger in the dike to plug a hole while the whole thing is cracking is not smart.  Let it crumble and rebuild it properly. 

Edited by xrade

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gotta at least call and see what is out there trade wise. We can’t let this season go by and still have questions about Darnold going into year 4 with more than likely a new coach and a top draft pick. We have to make a move at WR in some sort of way. Have to. 

I'm sure JD is making calls the reality is don't expect anything to happen though.

Eventually Crowder will come back and so will Mims so there will be enough to evaluate Sam over the full season.  At least enough for him to not be a total incompetent QB like the first two weeks.

If we are in position to land Lawrence or Fields in the top 3 I think that's all you need to see from Sam and it may be time to cut bait trade him off to a team with an aging QB like NO, TB, PIT, INDY, etc for like a late 2 or 3 and move on.  I mean if we are losing high scoring games that is one thing but 6 points is unacceptable no matter who you have at WR.

• Like 1