Bianconero

2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Because his teammates didn’t vote for him?

Absolutely.  Once relationship is fractured alienation develops. 🖕

Actually, that icon is merely a test to see if a moderator removes it or not since it is on FF's list. lol.

Anyway, if anything it is good idea to trade Bell away this season rather than cut him after this season as if Jets are going that direction.  Captain or not.

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

So no Hakeem Butler, interesting

Yeah.. especially he is faster than Jaleel Scott.   No idea what went wrong with Butler.

27 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Scott has JD ties

54 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Jaleel Scott has similar size and had better college tape.  Injuries stopped his development in Baltimore, a team that drafts WRs and churns them every year.  Butler was overrated.  Scott could be a genuine redzone threat.

50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. especially he is faster than Jaleel Scott.   No idea what went wrong with Butler.

bad hands, perhaps dumb as a rock too.  Scott has better tape, some NFL exp and is the same size.

• Like 1

The Jets are such an afterthought at this point. No one thinks they will be any good or even remembers they exist. Usually means a surprising season.

7 hours ago, Bianconero said:

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2020/9/8/21427331/az-arizona-cardinals-hakeem-butler-released-new-york-jets

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets are such an afterthought at this point. No one thinks they will be any good or even remembers they exist. Usually means a surprising season.

Glad it wasn't me who said that. lol.  Jets are in hot mess and a several players who thought Jets make some good progression are delirious.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Glad it wasn't me who said that. lol.  Jets are in hot mess and a several players who thought Jets make some good progression are delirious.

Everyone is optimistic before the season. I don’t feel it this year

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Because his teammates didn’t vote for him?

No because I don't think we want to pay a RB top dollar.  I think hes a good teammate and us trading him has nothing to do with that.  This is based on what I think JD will do with his roster next year.  I think he's gone next year.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Everyone is optimistic before the season. I don’t feel it this year

When’s the last time you felt it?

Looking like Mims won't get much action Sunday after a setback yesterday. So expect Hogan to pretty much play the whole game (keep in mind he's coming off injury as well). With Perriman potentially not healthy as well... not sure how we will roll out with these WRs bc we only have 5 guys healthy and 2 are coming back from injury in Perriman and Mims. So Crowder in sets might have to play out wide bc we'd have to play Berrios potentially and he is pretty much strictly a slot WR where Crowder is best out of the slot, but can play on the outside. We should add a WR (I think we can fill 3 more spots before Sunday) to the active roster. Personally (if he's healthy) I'd like to see Cager get that spot.

I know you guys are all big on Mims but I don't see him doing much this year for the Jets. I see Hogan doing more. I was hoping for the Jets to sign Butler but if we did not that is a big red flag for Butler. Something is not right and IF he gets another chance he better give it his all or he will be out of the league in just 2 years. 

I still think we will be a good team IF Gase runs the ball a lot and feeds Bell. If he goes back to his dumb was he should be fired during the season and give Williams a shot for intern,