2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Hopefully we get some clarity this week on some of the guys we might get back this week. Mims, Bell, Perriman, etc. 

I'm dying to see Mims on the field and see what we got in him.  Problem is Sam has been really bad and is missing guys left and right when they are open.  It's going to be tough to evaluate the WRs when the QB isn't getting the ball to them at the right time.

I hope Clark is ready to step in for GVR.  He's been the biggest issue on the OL.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm dying to see Mims on the field and see what we got in him.  Problem is Sam has been really bad and is missing guys left and right when they are open.  It's going to be tough to evaluate the WRs when the QB isn't getting the ball to them at the right time.

I hope Clark is ready to step in for GVR.  He's been the biggest issue on the OL.  

Think Sam is in pretty bad shape. I think he is damaged goods now. No WR will save him now. We will be moving on from him with T Law coming to town with the #1 pick and Flacco as the vet QB. 

This is the reason why we suck, here it is, all these high first round picks that we drafted and are long gone who were supposed to be the core of the team.

2018  Darnold  third overall pick in the draft we moved up three spot to get him and gave up two second round picks ( he is still here )

2017 Jamal Adams six overall pick in the draft traded for 2 first round picks the first pick we have this year will be high first round pick probably around 28

2016 Darrern Lee  twenty 20 pick in the draft, suck from the first day we walk in the door

2015 Leo Williams six over all pick in the draft could have gotten this bum in the second round

2014 Calvin Pryor 18  overall pick in the draft TOTAL BUST

2013  D Millner ninth over pick in the draft another TOTAL BUST

2013 Sheldon Richardson thirteen overall pick in the draft  ( I always like him but he was sent packing )

I don't even want to get into our second & third round picks for that period of time they were HORREDOUS.

Edited by doumeyer
44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sam looks like he wont be playing at least this week. So there wont even be a relationship between him and these healthy weapons if they're returning.

Honestly, Sam needs a break and relax mentally. He's just out there forcing stuff now. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sam looks like he wont be playing at least this week. So there wont even be a relationship between him and these healthy weapons if they're returning.

That sucks cue the veteran QB pointless upset this week.  Typical Jets.

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If Jets mismanage another injured player then both Gase and JD need to go.  Last year was 4 players. Oh that is okay because they sucked but Becton is our best potential player that can stick around for 10 years. Not a cool.   Right now, Darnold has injured throwing shoulder. Austin is hurt. Fant had concussion. Crowder and Bell were dealing with hamstring issue. Those players are considered better players than last year's 4.

I understand having tough mentality may be necessary but treating players like **** doesn't sit well in NFLPA circle.

I don't think JD has anything to do with the gameday planning and personnel usage on the field.  I am sure he didn't call down to the field and demand Becton go in.  gase has full control on Sundays.  JD is just an observer.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

That sucks cue the veteran QB pointless upset this week.  Typical Jets.

No way. I see no way we can slow down that ARZ offense. We stand a WAY bigger chance IMO of getting further embarrassed than winning. I think it's going to get ugly.

The Jets season has been going so bad this is first time in 40yrs as a fan I don't see a win for the Jets.  Maybe one of the Dolphins games.  DO YOU?

5 Sun Oct 11, 1:00PM Arizona Cardinals
6 Sun Oct 18, 4:05PM @ Los Angeles Chargers
7 Sun Oct 25, 1:00PM Buffalo Bills
8 Sun Nov 1, 1:00PM @ Kansas City Chiefs
9 Mon Nov 9, 8:15PM New England Patriots
10 Sun Nov 15, 4:05PM @ Miami Dolphins
12 Sun Nov 29, 1:00PM Miami Dolphins
13 Sun Dec 6, 1:00PM Las Vegas Raiders
14 Sun Dec 13, 4:05PM @ Seattle Seahawks
15 Sun Dec 20, 1:00AM @ Los Angeles Rams
16 Sun Dec 27, 1:00AM Cleveland Browns
17 Sun Jan 3, 1:00PM @ New England Patriots

Lets see James Morgan. If he doesnt even get activated it becomes an even worse draft pick when we absolutely needed more from the earlier picks we had. Rookie GM mistake...unfortunately there has been a lot of them. This offseason and draft has to reshape the next era in Jets football. Douglas has to be ready and to be better.

1 minute ago, famousj said:

The Jets season has been going so bad this is first time in 40yrs as a fan I don't see a win for the Jets.  Maybe one of the Dolphins games.  DO YOU?

5 Sun Oct 11, 1:00PM Arizona Cardinals
6 Sun Oct 18, 4:05PM @ Los Angeles Chargers
7 Sun Oct 25, 1:00PM Buffalo Bills
8 Sun Nov 1, 1:00PM @ Kansas City Chiefs
9 Mon Nov 9, 8:15PM New England Patriots
10 Sun Nov 15, 4:05PM @ Miami Dolphins
12 Sun Nov 29, 1:00PM Miami Dolphins
13 Sun Dec 6, 1:00PM Las Vegas Raiders
14 Sun Dec 13, 4:05PM @ Seattle Seahawks
15 Sun Dec 20, 1:00AM @ Los Angeles Rams
16 Sun Dec 27, 1:00AM Cleveland Browns
17 Sun Jan 3, 1:00PM @ New England Patriots

Miami gave Seattle a run for their money and they should have swept us last year. Anyone saying we can beat Miami is an enormous homer lol. They will steam roll us both games.

Only even close to winnable games for us are the LA Chargers and both Miami games. I'd be surprised if we win 1 of those 3. I don't think we go 0-16. With no coach change though... I cant see us winning more than 1-2 games now.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only even close to winnable games for us are the LA Chargers and both Miami games. I'd be surprised if we win 1 of those 3. I don't think we go 0-16. With no coach change though... I cant see us winning more than 1-2 games now.

Justin Herbert has looked better than Sam Darnold over the past 3 games than Sam has done over the past 3 years.  Not sure if it is coaching or talent but something is wrong here.  Justin Herbert has better talent around him.  That is a management problem.