2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

39 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I know you guys are all big on Mims but I don't see him doing much this year for the Jets. I see Hogan doing more. I was hoping for the Jets to sign Butler but if we did not that is a big red flag for Butler. Something is not right and IF he gets another chance he better give it his all or he will be out of the league in just 2 years. 

Well of course he won’t early bc he’s barely gotten snaps with the starters and might actual not even play Sunday bc of injury. But he’s a rookie. I wasn’t exactly thinking he’d have this great year. But if he can get healthy and prove himself then there’s potential there.

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Calling it now, we are going to regret replacing Robby with Perriman. 

Called it when it happened, lol.

I get the excitement, but relying on a habitually injured player who’s been more bad than good was always a very questionable risk.

Robby is a weird fit with Carolina so not sure how that will work either.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have an odd feeling that the edge duo of Jenkins and Basham will be a lot better than what we think. I call that we get 18 sacks out of them.

Would be amazing along with Q taking a step and Goose giving us something inside as well. Huff & Zuniga have potential. If all 6 can contribute to the pass rush then that will help the defense take a step.

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Called it when it happened, lol.

I get the excitement, but relying on a habitually injured player who’s been more bad than good was always a very questionable risk.

Robby is a weird fit with Carolina so not sure how that will work either.

I'm particularly shocked Robby didn't have a strong market. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm particularly shocked Robby didn't have a strong market. 

Wonder if teams looked at the Tyrell Williams contract as a comp. Even before the injury, that deal looked bad after one season. Obviously the draft class didn’t help his market either.

With all the cap we’re set to roll over, really don’t understand letting Robby walk for cheap. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Wonder if teams looked at the Tyrell Williams contract as a comp. Even before the injury, that deal looked bad after one season. Obviously the draft class didn’t help his market either.

With all the cap we’re set to roll over, really don’t understand letting Robby walk for cheap. 

The FA WR class this next year looks great though. Who gets tagged and all is what can change things.

But I highly doubt all of Golladay, JuJu, AR15, Fuller, Westbrook, Watkins, Kupp, Godwin all getting tagged or extended.

I am beginning to question Mims. There is no denying his potential talent, but two things are concerning to me.

1.  Does he have a good work ethic?  In the off-season players are expected to work out. Has/will Mims do that? How important is football to him? To be fair many players are sidelined with bad hammys and other various injuries that could maybe have been mitigated with a proper offseason workout regiment. 

2.  Does Mims want to be a Jet?  On draft day he looked like he got **** punched. Is that because he dropped or because the Jets selected him. I guess we will find out, but so far, he is a disappointment. The 2nd round WR curse lives on. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I am beginning to question Mims. There is no denying his potential talent, but two things are concerning to me.

1.  Does he have a good work ethic?  In the off-season players are expected to work out. Has/will Mims do that? How important is football to him? To be fair many players are sidelined with bad hammys and other various injuries that could maybe have been mitigated with a proper offseason workout regiment. 

2.  Does Mims want to be a Jet?  On draft day he looked like he got **** punched. Is that because he dropped or because the Jets selected him. I guess we will find out, but so far, he is a disappointment. The 2nd round WR curse lives on. 

You serious?  Let the kid play a game first.