Bianconero

2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

8 minutes ago, xrade said:

I  guess that is what I was trying to say, but you said it much better.  The other point I was trying to make is that I would want an EDGE that has more responsibility than just rushing the passer.  I would rather we had a few 7-10 sack guys than one 14 sack guy.  I guess the other, other point I was trying to make, is that a 3-4 EDGE tends to be little bigger than an OLB.  Take a guy like Quincy Roche in Miami (Fla.) or Hamilcar Rashed (Oregon St.)  Those players are good at getting to the QB, but at 235 pounds, they may not hold up as a 3-4 EDGE.  Could they be used as a 4-3 OLB?  Not sure since I have not really paid attention.

Whatever, as long as we get someone who OC's have to account for.

I mean 3-4 edges are the OLB in a 3-4. Guys like Rashed and Roche are guys whore more likely strictly 34 guys at the next level. They’re gonna have to bulk up 10-15 lbs to survive

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I mean 3-4 edges are the OLB in a 3-4. Guys like Rashed and Roche are guys whore more likely strictly 34 guys at the next level. They’re gonna have to bulk up 10-15 lbs to survive

This is true, but, and correct me if I am wrong, a 3-4 EDGE rarely drops into pass coverage unlike a traditional 4-3 OLB.  Those two guys at their current weight would, IMHO, be good OLB in a 43.  This is assuming they have actually dropped into coverage in college. 

8 minutes ago, xrade said:

This is true, but, and correct me if I am wrong, a 3-4 EDGE rarely drops into pass coverage unlike a traditional 4-3 OLB.  Those two guys at their current weight would, IMHO, be good OLB in a 43.  This is assuming they have actually dropped into coverage in college. 

That’s not their game though their play style is that of a 34 OLB and not that of a 43 OLB it’s much easier to ask these guys to put on a little weight than ask them to completely change their game

I can't believe I still look around NFL waiver to see who is available.  Jets won't change the roster at all without injury replacement.