2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

“We look forward to the challenge of playing the Jets,” he said. “They’re a good football team, well-coached.”

Andy Reid in jetswire article-

Told ya Gase is a good coach.😴

Was Reid trying to stifle a laugh?

Good trade by JD.  We are going to have a ton of 2022 day 3 picks.  We can do a ton of moving around to target specific guys we want.

Got to love JDs first draft.  Becton and Mims both look like really nice selections and Perine looks like he can be a rotational back too.  If 1 or 2 of Davis, Hall, Clark, Zuniga can step up and be long term answers his first draft would give a nice boost to feeling confident that JD can build through the draft.  I have high hopes for Clark and really hope we get to see him next week at LG for the rest of the year.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

These deals are almost useless. Basically we’ve just moved up a little in 2022 and given away quality players and leaders. This guy better know how to draft. 

Should be encouraged by his first draft so at least there is hope.  That and he didnt take a DT in round 1 and went offense with both picks.  It's a welcome change lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I mean, I would've called it a good trade if it was 2021 draft picks. The Jets might be relegated to the XFL by 2022.

Still, decent trade. Williamson didn't have much value to us and was set to be an UFA after this season I believe.

eh, id have preferred getting a 6th and keeping our 7th vs the 5th and losing the 7th.

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

These deals are almost useless. Basically we’ve just moved up a little in 2022 and given away quality players and leaders. This guy better know how to draft. 

williamson was such a great player and leader and the team is still 0-8.  can't get much worse.